about voice chat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sizON

Oct 11, 2013
They all have servers you can download and host yourself from your own PC if you're willing to follow a few guides to set this up correctly, I run my own ventrilo server for my friends, it uses hardly any bandwidth or CPU resources.

you're a little wrong. they don't have a server and they are not responsible for the quality and connection speed!
but otherwise everything is OK, and one more .. they hasn't rank in conversation, that is full of cereal, when all start speaking - happend chaos.
and in MyteamVoise everything else! there has multilevel system is designed - it makes the game very effective and convenient for everyone

int

May 15, 2005
Teamspeak servers are not $6/mth for small servers (as some mentioned). I would recommend: www.trunkspacehosting.com for TS3 -- they have a promotion going on right now

In my experience, hosting voice services on your own machine is not always the most reliable thing in the world!

Davidjohn

Nov 14, 2013
www.rubber-sales.com
I always use Gtalk as the best voice chat program. second is the video and voice chat program which is Skype.Some of the top voice chat programs other than Skype are,
• Vivox C3
• Xfire
• Mumble
• Ventrilo
• inSpeak

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I pay $12 every 3 months for a 10 man vent. It's a nice hang out spot for me and my friends. I don't mind giving the info out to random people I meet in games. It works and pretty much everyone who games has Vent already. Also I get to give everyone who logs in Lion King themed names and that amuses me.

Last edited:

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
I've never tried this myself, but there are quite a few people started using it.
http://www.raidcall.com/v7/index.html

Raidcall is by far the best. As a first timer eventually having used all of them out there for every single PUG raid I join that uses a different one, they have all been shitty except RC.

Honestly I bet the majority of supporters for some of these seemingly ancient ones are just long-time users who don't want change.