about voice chat

merzok

Sep 17, 2013
hi! im playing dota2.
eatle a have use skype! but it so uneasily!
i have read that speacil server and app- more usability
any of you use something similar???

merzok

Sep 17, 2013
Mumble, as mentioned, and Teamspeak, and Ventrilo.

But the are dont has their server! You need find resseler! And the quality of the service developer can not be guaranteed
And how much is this cost?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Ventrilo is cheap. I had a 15 person server for around $6 month.

The free 5 person mumble server seems like a good one for the price.

merzok

Sep 17, 2013
Those who have 5 or more friends who share hobby online games, already require a few more than just a voice conference. We need to make certain functions allow the organization to communicate, especially directly in the game. Respectively common instant messengers like Skype is not so good choice. It's excessive demands on the resources of the computer and network which appeared lags in the transmission of sound, restrictions on the number of people or functional reasons to think about the alternatives are many. The following services can help solve these problems. The list is given in descending order to the functional: MyTeamVoice, Ventrilo, C3, RaidCall, TeamSpeak, Mumble, Razor.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
Those who have 5 or more friends who share hobby online games, already require a few more than just a voice conference. We need to make certain functions allow the organization to communicate, especially directly in the game. Respectively common instant messengers like Skype is not so good choice. It's excessive demands on the resources of the computer and network which appeared lags in the transmission of sound, restrictions on the number of people or functional reasons to think about the alternatives are many. The following services can help solve these problems. The list is given in descending order to the functional: MyTeamVoice, Ventrilo, C3, RaidCall, TeamSpeak, Mumble, Razor.

My recommendation is either Mumble or Teamspeak as they are very good with resource management (bandwidth and PC). Ventrilo is outdated (when's the last time it received an update?)

Servers are MUCH cheaper these days than $6. I currently use Command Channel, it's $1.35/month for 10 slots. This price does not initially show up, you have to use the coupon: myepicheals

https://commandchannel.com/

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The last time I rented a vent server it was around 10 USD/month.

You can host your own 8 man vent server for free (at least as of a few years ago).

Mumble is probably the best voice chat option. TeamSpeak always was bad (at least IMO) and I've only used RaidCall once or twice so I can't comment on that. Vent is decent, but the voice quality is rather low.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
You can host your own 8 man vent server for free (at least as of a few years ago).

Mumble is probably the best voice chat option. TeamSpeak always was bad (at least IMO) and I've only used RaidCall once or twice so I can't comment on that. Vent is decent, but the voice quality is rather low.

Teamspeak was awful on 2.0, 3.0 is actually pretty good. I'd still give the edge to Mumble as well, though.

EDIT: Vent is bad, imo. No support, inherent lag included, and bandwidth usage isn't up to today's standards.

merzok

Sep 17, 2013
I have read that best solutions for small groups its Google Hangouts, MyTeamVoice, Steam, Razer Comms, Xfire.

merzok

Sep 17, 2013
Teamspeak was awful on 2.0, 3.0 is actually pretty good. I'd still give the edge to Mumble as well, though.

EDIT: Vent is bad, imo. No support, inherent lag included, and bandwidth usage isn't up to today's standards.

Functionality for the organization of group communication is limited in Teamspeak

merzok

Sep 17, 2013

The same problem with Mumble)

sizON

Oct 11, 2013
About munuses of Mumble and Team Speak. It has a same problem: functionality for the organization of group communication is limited there!
But main pluse in My Team Voice:
*Wide range of functions for the organization of team communication.
* There is an overlay with a built-in command chat.
* Allows you to set the ranks and priorities.
But iys so important in game!

bob123aka

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Team speak is usually the best. Can rent a server for around $8 a month for 20-25 users.

Vent is the same thing just a bit more out dated

Haven't used mumble before and Raid call is just horrible

sizON

Oct 11, 2013
Team speak is usually the best. Can rent a server for around $8 a month for 20-25 users.

Vent is the same thing just a bit more out dated

Haven't used mumble before and Raid call is just horrible

Well, my team voice yet free! But it specialize in professional, great teams that need to have excellent sound quality, wound, usability and TP.
But while they are free, but it's still))

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
But the are dont has their server! You need find resseler! And the quality of the service developer can not be guaranteed
And how much is this cost?

They all have servers you can download and host yourself from your own PC if you're willing to follow a few guides to set this up correctly, I run my own ventrilo server for my friends, it uses hardly any bandwidth or CPU resources.