Abbott screwed Texans again...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Not only this result, but Abbot's political stunt also totally failed at it's purported goals-not one single illegal immigrant or illegal drug importation was found.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Every time, all across the country. GOP is inciting outrage for reelection in the backs of taxpayers. Countless audits and recounts. Disney tax status. Blocking ACA. It's all the same.

When with the GOP decide its time to govern and push America to a better place?
For them, that "better place" is fascism.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Stupid Texas voters

Oh, they're a whole lot more than just stupid. The Repub ones who aren't wealthy think those rich folks who practically own their lives and livelihoods are helping them out by trying to strip them of any kind of gov't provided assistance and benefits they currently have or are being proposed by the Democrats.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
And nothing was learned as Russia Today state controlled media is still blasting their brains out.
The suffering will continue until morale improves.

How big a boon would it be to the dems in terms of congress/presidential elections if Texas actually secedes?
Cut the cancer out. As someone in the Roe thread said, dont like it its SO easy to just move to a state you like ... so common sense peeps get tf out of Texas and let the Abbotts of the state sink the ship? Let it go forth as a warning of what happens to shit hole states that goes too far down the Q hole.

edit: you could introduce a bounty program, we know Texas like those, on a federal level where you get a bounty for rounding up Q people and deporting them to Texas.

Last edited:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Gerrymandering may have have screwed the legislature, but it was an at-large vote that installed Abbott as governor and the other clown as AG.

Well from a state level election you still have voter registration purges, ballot denials (signatures), and just general fuckery down to the polling location level of making it hard to access a voting booth for poor and marginalized communities. It all adds up.

Dec 10, 2005
Well from a state level election you still have voter registration purges, ballot denials (signatures), and just general fuckery down to the polling location level of making it hard to access a voting booth for poor and marginalized communities. It all adds up.
I recognize that those are challenges that republicans have added as road blocks. Doesn't change the fact that the voters who could/did vote, voted for those fuckwits in the executive branch.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Very true. Also, voter turnout in the US is really bad. I sort of feel like Trump has maximized GOP turnout but dems have not done the same. Heck, dems are apparently losing black voters now. It boggles the mind....

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Gerrymandering may have have screwed the legislature, but it was an at-large vote that installed Abbott as governor and the other clown as AG.

Yeah, it was 55% to 42%.

Lets not act like the entire state supports him...

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
jesus christ. i really don't have words to describe how horrid that is.

1) it's completely white nationalist
2) it's the exact OPPOSITE of what a competent government does - provide for its people

you WANT educated people who can function in society and build an economy. like, good fucking god, what is wrong with these people?

fuck abbott.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Half the state can't even speak coherent English and he's doing that? Texas seems to be doing really well at screwing themselves over and over again. If the left were smarter than they are they'd feign anger so Abbott will do more damage to his state to "teach the libs" LOL and just mess life up for everyone there.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
jesus christ. i really don't have words to describe how horrid that is.

1) it's completely white nationalist
2) it's the exact OPPOSITE of what a competent government does - provide for its people

you WANT educated people who can function in society and build an economy. like, good fucking god, what is wrong with these people?

fuck abbott.
Educated people are not as easily manipulated by fear based propaganda. When your goal is power the last thing you want is a well educated population.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Meanwhile ERCOT just sent out a notice to the market that due to a day in the high 90s later this week generation may be insufficient to meet demand. Lots of thermal sources offline (gas, coal, nukes).

...and they were right. The heat caused six power generation facilities to go offline. They need everyone to bump up their thermostats and avoid heavy usage during peak times. Looks like last winter taught them little.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Old people vote in the highest percentage, and tend to be conservatives. Old people are mentally impaired from the amount of lead exposure they experienced. Therefore, the fate of this country is being decided by the equivalent of the kids that ate paint chips. Conclusion: We are good and truly fucked.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
...and they were right. The heat caused six power generation facilities to go offline. They need everyone to bump up their thermostats and avoid heavy usage during peak times. Looks like last winter taught them little.
going to guess a lot of people aren't going to bump their thermostats up off of 72°

Reactions: MtnMan

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Old people vote in the highest percentage, and tend to be conservatives. Old people are mentally impaired from the amount of lead exposure they experienced. Therefore, the fate of this country is being decided by the equivalent of the kids that ate paint chips. Conclusion: We are good and truly fucked.
This is an interesting point, there’s a pretty good argument that the same generation that drove a huge wave of violent crime when they were young in the 70’s and 80’s due to lead poisoned brains could be doing similar things to our politics now.

Reactions: Zorba

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I recently learned the guy who developed the ethyl lead gasoline additive that collectively gave the world a bit of lead poisoning also developed Freon which ended up eating a hole in the ozone layer.

Hell of a track record there

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: gothuevos
Nov 17, 2019
going to guess a lot of people aren't going to bump their thermostats up off of 72°
My AC is almost always set at 77 or higher. I only kick it lower rarely and only for short periods while I'm in the room.. Room meaning just that ... one room, the one I'm in. Not the whole house.

Reactions: gothuevos

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I recently learned the guy who developed the ethyl lead gasoline additive that collective gave the world a bit of lead poisoning also developed Freon which ended up eating a hole in the ozone layer.

Hell of a track record there
Same here. I wasn't familiar with him until Veritasium did a vid.

Reactions: Paratus