A woman scorned?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Why is Hillary Clinton so angry? The only person that's really hurt her in her life sleeps next to her every night. Yet she looks like a woman that's been scarred and looking for revenge. What's remarkable is that she's been knee-deep in the center of power, and amongst the very people, that has caused her so much political headache for so long. Until this election cycle, she's been touted as someone who has reached out to Republicans who used to despise her. So, is all this anger a front to get people riled up against Republicans? Is she trying to put a vindictive spin in her campaign as a reminder of what Bush did to the democrats for 8 years? If so, why is it not working and why hasn't she gotten that message yet?

This reminds me of the anti-gay/pro-Confederate flag quip that Huckabee said in South Carolina a couple of weeks ago. Like Hillary's anger, his remarks were a non-issue. IMHO, Democrats have internalized their disdain for Bush and happier to see the back of him than a desire for any revenge. Hillary's time has passed her by.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari
Why is Hillary Clinton so angry? The only person that's really hurt her in her life sleeps next to her every night. Yet she looks like a woman that's been scarred and looking for revenge. What's remarkable is that she's been knee-deep in the center of power, and amongst the very people, that has caused her so much political headache for so long. Until this election cycle, she's been touted as someone who has reached out to Republicans who used to despise her. So, is all this anger a front to get people riled up against Republicans? Is she trying to put a vindictive spin in her campaign as a reminder of what Bush did to the democrats for 8 years? If so, why is it not working and why hasn't she gotten that message yet?

This reminds me of the anti-gay/pro-Confederate flag quip that Huckabee said in South Carolina a couple of weeks ago. Like Hillary's anger, his remarks were a non-issue. IMHO, Democrats have internalized their disdain for Bush and happier to see the back of him than a desire for any revenge. Hillary's time has passed her by.

If you're not angry after the last 8 years, then you never will be.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Because she's a power hungry bitch.

And she's infuriated that the country has fallen out of love with the Clintons.

"WHY CAN'T I HAVE IT? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE MINE!"

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: sirjonk

A lot of people may be angry. But they've been angry for 8 years. After a while you internalize that anger and move on. You're determined, but you still move on. We don't need to be reminded of the anger again. Hell, Bush is right there in Washington D.C.. But, IMHO, people just want to be constructive with their life rather than miserable and vindictive. People want to move on.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster

Now that's a bit dramatic, don't ya think? LOL

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

I find it odd that she never mentions her work with Republicans. Instead, she just talks all negative.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: compuwiz1

Don't say that or he'll have a case of the vapours....

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

She voted for the war, and has continued to vote for its financing.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Originally posted by: compuwiz1

Nope, I think he summed it up perfectly. That is how she acts and just one of the reasons I'll be voting for McCain if Hillary gets the nomination.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

She was for it, before she was against it. :laugh:

If one hears the words out of her mouth, recently, she seems to be against it, but looking at her voting record, she's never been against it.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh no, woe is us. We can have Hillary of the non sunny disposition or a can't keep his temper
McCain. The answer is clear, we need to elect a catatonic schizophrenic in 08. It takes a catatonic type to remain calm while ignoring all external stimuli. Or better yet, a brain dread Terri Scavio. We can bring back Dr. Frisk and have him un sign her death certificate at a distance.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
If Bill actually does sleep next to Hillary every night I have to laud him for his bravery and courage.
But, at the same time, what does that say about his taste in women?! I mean, Hillary and Monica?! blech... :Q

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Why is Hillary Clinton so angry?

she feels the presidency is her "Right" as payback (like alimony) for putting up with Bill all her life

she basically expected to be annointed QOTUS (Queen of the United States) this go around. she knew everybody is hating on GWB, so she thinks it is "her turn" and that she'll save the world from Bush

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre

Obama wasn't in the Senate when the vote occurred and he's continued to vote for its financing.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: palehorse74
If Bill actually does sleep next to Hillary every night I have to laud him for his bravery and courage.
But, at the same time, what does that say about his taste in women?! I mean, Hillary and Monica?! blech... :Q

link

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT

she feels the presidency is her "Right" as payback (like alimony) for putting up with Bill all her life

she basically expected to be annointed QOTUS (Queen of the United States) this go around. she knew everybody is hating on GWB, so she thinks it is "her turn" and that she'll save the world from Bush

Where are you guys pulling this information from? I have yet to see any hints of her feeling that she deserves to be the POTUS. Am I sheltered or is this just people speculating out of emotion?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: glutenberg
Originally posted by: FoBoT

Where are you guys pulling this information from?
Most likely from someplace the sun doesn't shine. ;)

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

With luck, as you age you will get over your fear of strong women.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

I love strong women. Power hungry, ethically challenged ones are a big turn off.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: dphantom
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

I love strong women. Power hungry, ethically challenged ones are a big turn off.

Yeah, I bet your beating all those damn golddiggers off of you all the time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think a lot of what people assume Hillary is feeling is their hope to transfer their own pain onto her and I am sure she will get millions of votes from people who wish it right back.

If you can't leg go of your hate for Hillary why should she and her voters let go of their hate for you. Our own fears are always actualized by your selves in our unconscious reactions. I hate Hillary and my hate will make her President. I can say you're stupid, but it wouldn't be true. You are just asleep to how the mind works because you fear to feel how angry you are at yourselves.

There is only love or delusion.

He who hates himself, and that would be you, secretly vows to fuck himself in his own ass. You are in a backward march to extinction and your eyes are focused ever and always exactly where you're not going.