A white nationalist, spouting Tucker Carlson's "white replacement theory" commits mass shooting in black neighborhood in Buffalo NY

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Interesting point no?

fCdlKv2.jpeg

Benjamin Geo

May 17, 2022
www.youtube.com
because some asshat ran over several people in a holiday parade in another state that justifies this white supremist to seek out a black neighborhood and murder a bunch of innocent people? That makes zero sense, elaborate please.

As far as I can tell, this guy was programed and radicalized by the right wing media and politicians to do what he did in Buffalo.

I do not understand a word of what you just said

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Are you saying this guy was so mentally ill that caused him to seek out black people to kill, vs just a racist terrorist?
I'm not sure there is a difference. When you reach the level of hate that murder seems like the logical path, isn't that insane? The same logic applies to any terrorist. It starts with hate and blame, it ends in death without reason.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I'm not sure there is a difference. When you reach the level of hate that murder seems like the logical path, isn't that insane? The same logic applies to any terrorist. It starts with hate and blame, it ends in death without reason.

Oh bullshit. Perfectly sane people can be radicalized into violence using propaganda to convince them they are righteous and under attack.

So the lynch mobs of Jim Crow were all insane? No.

So the Einsatzgruppen killing squads were all insane? Of course not.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Oh bullshit. Perfectly sane people can be radicalized into violence using propaganda to convince them they are righteous and under attack.

All the Russians attacking Ukraine are insane, etc. etc. etc.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

If you want to argue that the perfectly normal, healthy, and expected state of humans is genocidal rage against one another, history certainly supports such an argument.
Current events too, looking at you Russia.
But there is an argument to be had that random acts of senseless violence are hardly sane. Radicalization also has its shortcomings with regards to sanity.

And what's the bother with you anyway?
Calling radicals or haters insane does not change the need to put down or jail them.
This isn't a court and no one is arguing to let them off easy.
If anything, the argument is that this is not normal and we need to address it as a real issue that needs resolution. Calling them insane is part of calling for action.

Maybe we want to ask @Greenman if he feels there's a news network / political agenda dedicated to driving and increasing said hatred and insanity?
They aren't the only offender, but they are the current topic for obvious reasons. With Tucker Carlson pimping replacement theory and others acting on such ideas.

Reactions: Greenman

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
look at this little bitch trying to "bothsides" this shit. Fuck you little bitch! You support the party that radicalizes the individuals to murder minorities in supermarkets. Seriously shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down!

Lol... You remind me of....

Attachments

• 3t3fru.jpg
    3t3fru.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 8

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

I remember reading about the Einsatzgruppen's extremely high rates of alcoholism, desertion and in particular, suicide. Those men were probably once rational and sane, then became warped, then broke under the weight of their crimes. I don't think you get that from narcisscistic psychopaths in a cult, typically.

Reactions: rommelrommel

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
But there is an argument to be had that random acts of senseless violence are hardly sane. Radicalization also has its shortcomings with regards to sanity.

You might be right that random senseless violence is not sane, but this act was neither senseless nor random. It was planned and had reasons behind it. He didn't just wake up one day and decide to murder a bunch of people. He had a ideology that encouraged him to kill people, and acted on that ideology.

Mar 11, 2004
Maybe you should start a thread about that.

I find that if people decide to stick their head up their own ass before trying to shit on a thread, you don't need to bother with their shit. Just let them gobble it up and make fools of themselves. That person hasn't made a post worth responding to on here probably ever, he seems intent on just proving he can be a racist piece of shit willing to suck as much old white dude dick as he can in the hopes that ingesting that much semen will finally make him a real white boy.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
All the white people the slaughtered the black residents in Tulsa were just all insane?

All the tiki marching assholes in Charlottesville were just insane?

All the Nazis in WW2 were just insane?

That's a lot of "insane" people

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
All the white people the slaughtered the black residents in Tulsa were just all insane?

All the Nazis in WW@ were just insane.

Just ask him how he felt about the 9/11 terrorists. They were just mentally unstable?

Greenman is just a huge crock of a shit person living in a constant denial of who he is.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

All the Nazis in WW@ were just insane?

Just ask him how he felt about the 9/11 terrorists. They were just mentally unstable?

Greenman is just a huge crock of a shit person living in a constant denial of who he is.

And yet he continues to vote for the “insane”. Guess what that makes him?

Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

All the Russians attacking Ukraine are insane, etc. etc. etc.

You could add the Red Guards during the Cultural Revolution as another example. Though someone did call that period "the brain death of a nation".

I really don't know what I think about this question. The definition of sane/insane seems potentially quite subjective and fuzzy to me. Was Stalin sane? He surely had strong elements of paranoia, no? Hitler has been called a psychopath.

I don't know that I entirely disagree with Greenman. A lot of political extremism seems 'mad' to me.

Not sure what difference it makes anyway, what one calls it. Even madness runs down culturally-directed tracks. The irrational don't exist outside of society and culture.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is it magenta, or is it purple?
It doesn't matter, and you should focus on if the person you would argue with is aware of and would agree with the big picture. That this shooting is an issue that has a particular source driving it. That this source must face consequences.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002