A mouse just popped out of my air conditioner

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I was getting pwned by mice this week. A crack team of ninja mice were stealing the bait from my traps without setting them off. I can't find my Victors, so I'm using an inferior Taiwanese design. I had the bait stolen about six times. I use old Nutella as bait. It's extremely stiff, and sticks to the bait pan well. The traps should have sprung, but the bait pans were nice and clean every time I'd check them. I eventually got the bastards. One I felt kind of bad about. It was a female with swollen tits. If she already gave birth, there's probably some hungry mouslings in the wall somewhere.

Oh well... If they'd just be cool, and move in without chewing the hell out of stuff, I'd leave them alone. I'd even put food and water out for them if they promised to move in the spring, but as long as they act like assholes, they'll get their little necks broken. Either that, or my ferocious kitty will play with them until I get tired f hearing the noise, and have to take mousey for a long walk, but either way, they can't be in the house.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
I was getting pwned by mice this week. A crack team of ninja mice were stealing the bait from my traps without setting them off. I can't find my Victors, so I'm using an inferior Taiwanese design. I had the bait stolen about six times. I use old Nutella as bait. It's extremely stiff, and sticks to the bait pan well. The traps should have sprung, but the bait pans were nice and clean every time I'd check them. I eventually got the bastards. One I felt kind of bad about. It was a female with swollen tits. If she already gave birth, there's probably some hungry mouslings in the wall somewhere.

Oh well... If they'd just be cool, and move in without chewing the hell out of stuff, I'd leave them alone. I'd even put food and water out for them if they promised to move in the spring, but as long as they act like assholes, they'll get their little necks broken. Either that, or my ferocious kitty will play with them until I get tired f hearing the noise, and have to take mousey for a long walk, but either way, they can't be in the house.

GLUE Boards dude.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Those are pretty inhumane if you don't find them and the rodent starves.

Also, what if kitty gets attracted to the commotion glued rodent? Could be a pretty big problem.

Uh? inhumane applies to mice and rats in your house. :(

Hmm, if you had a cat that went after the Trapped Glue board mouse,
yes that could be a problem, and may just be time for a new cat. ;)

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Going to have to put the window unit in this weekend. Sure hope there aren't any critters living inside!

T

Tim

Poor mouse. 'e probably would 'ave been sire to great great great great great grandchildren by now.