A Liberal Supermajority

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Conservatives have destroyed America. Bring in the liberals. Sweep the Republican Taliban filth away.
:laugh: Great line :thumbsup:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Wow... you guys are starting to sound like a mob.

You, on the other hand, sound like a mill for the regurgitation of broken records and stupid platitudes and a lover of swamp stagnation.

It is clear to anybody who can think that the country needs change and that only the Democrats can bring it by having a majority. You seek a life of endless entropy and frustration because you are afraid. Liberals are genetically interested in fixing the broken and conservatives genetically devoted to preserving what is good. Look the fuck around. There's little good to preserve. It's time for the sheep dogs to tell the cattle where greener pastures are to be found. Head um up and move um out. Yee haw!

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I look forward to seeing the Democrats fuck things up for the next four years, and hearing the endless whine of the Republicans which will be matched only by constant apologists trying to spin their way out of every stupid Democrat decision.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001

You, on the other hand, sound like a mill for the regurgitation of broken records and stupid platitudes and a lover of swamp stagnation.

It is clear to anybody who can think that the country needs change and that only the Democrats can bring it by having a majority. You seek a life of endless entropy and frustration because you are afraid. Liberals are genetically interested in fixing the broken and conservatives genetically devoted to preserving what is good. Look the fuck around. There's little good to preserve. It's time for the sheep dogs to tell the cattle where greener pastures are to be found. Head um up and move um out. Yee haw!

And for the rest of us? We are caught in the crossfire.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Reminds me of 2000.

Originally posted by: BoberFett
I look forward to seeing the Democrats fuck things up for the next four years, and hearing the endless whine of the Republicans which will be matched only by constant apologists trying to spin their way out of every stupid Democrat decision.

Like the past 8 years, but in a mirror.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

Eat a dick, Moonbeam.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Eat a dick, Moonbeam.
Wow, a bit thin skinned. Did you actually understand what he said?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic

More or less, and the results will be mostly the same.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Eat a dick, Moonbeam.
Wow, a bit thin skinned. Did you actually understand what he said?

Yes, I overreacted; my apologies. Stressful week at work and school.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: brencat
The future of humanity is evolving with coastal liberals and urban. Get the wonderful but ignorant farmers back on the farm growing corn and the fuck out of the way. Social engineer your pigs. Teach religion to the chickens. The day America is stuck on the toilet seat has passed.
And it is exactly this elitism and contempt for the 'non-enlightened' among you know-it-all liberals which will cause you to trip over your dicks and blow it once again. In fact, I'm counting on you going overboard so that in 2010, Republicans will sweep Congress just like in 1994.

iirc, after this election democrats would have to lose every incumbent seat in 2010 to give the republicans a majority in the senate. And to be honest, i highly doubt that republicans will have any sort of coherent ideological platform by then.

George W. Bush beat an entrenched governor in Texas in 1994. Strange things happen.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Conservatives have destroyed America. Bring in the liberals. Sweep the Republican Taliban filth away.

San Francisco can't fall into the ocean quick enough.

Sinsear is a member of the right-wing cult, not a rational perosn.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The future of humanity is evolving with coastal liberals and urban. Get the wonderful but ignorant farmers back on the farm growing corn and the fuck out of the way. Social engineer your pigs. Teach religion to the chickens. The day America is stuck on the toilet seat has passed.
And it is exactly this elitism and contempt for the 'non-enlightened' among you know-it-all liberals which will cause you to trip over your dicks and blow it once again. In fact, I'm counting on you going overboard so that in 2010, Republicans will sweep Congress just like in 1994.

Simple questions Brencat:

Was the country better served by the right-wing policies of the late 19th century (that's the 1800's) that were pro-business and filled with mass poverty and child labor, or was it better served by the progressive era that followed that increased workers' rights, voters' rights, democracy (direct election of US Senators), and reduced things like child labor?

Was the country better served by the right-wing policies of the 1920's that had short-term prosperity and an little-regulated market and massive concentrations of wealth and ran the economy into the great depresssion, or was it better served by the FDR era that had the government spend to keep people employed and build the infrastructure and created programs like Social Security?

Was the country beter served by the Republican government of the 1950's which introduced the CIA as the committer of covert operations to put friendly dictators in place, to assassinate and overthrow elected leaders, that increased the cold war tensions and paved the way for the arms race and the military industrial complex Eisenhower say growing out of control, with the McCarthy era, with little progress in many areas but continuing the basic liberal policies fairly well, or was the country better served by the democratic administrations of the 1960's which brought countless improvemements from increases in Medicare to the Civil Righta Bill to reducing poverty by a third to US beautification and consumer protection programs to the Peace Corps and a shift in US policiy to stop supporting European colonization or third world nations (I leave the Vietname War off as both parties equally supported it, and Eisenhower was laying the groundwork for war in the region while JFK prevented war, until LBJ started one)?

The best programs were passed by Democratic super-majorities (not Republican, ever that I've seen).

So when you want the Republicans to take Congress, you are supporting the backwards party, the party of the few not most Americans, to harm the country again.

You are against the progress of society and the well-being of the many. You are a poor citizen for not doing better at forming your view of the better political policies.

You let yourself be manipulated by the propaganda of the right, with its false attacks on the left, as you ignore the facts to hold those views.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

If they are then the Democrats will be kicked out on their asses and the Republicans will be back in, or, maybe a third party will rise up that has a message for a majority of voters for a change.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Craig234
The best programs were passed by Democratic super-majorities (not Republican, ever that I've seen).

So when you want the Republicans to take Congress, you are supporting the backwards party, the party of the few not most Americans, to harm the country again.

You are against the progress of society and the well-being of the many. You are a poor citizen for not doing better at forming your view of the better political policies.

You let yourself be manipulated by the propaganda of the right, with its false attacks on the left, as you ignore the facts to hold those views.
Craig, I suppose I just want to be left alone. I want to be taxed less, and on my own to sink or swim. My views are probably more along the lines of 3rd party now, because you're absolutely right -- the Repubs have royally fvcked it up when they had total control. Likewise, I believe the Dems will make the same mistake. The two parties can't help themselves.

Our gov't needs to be cut in size by 75%. If that means no more preemptive war, pork, and extraneous services, no argument from me. Essential services only. Everything else leave to the states. There will likely be more suffering under my plan, but it might incentivize people to work their a$$es off more to avoid falling behind.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

If they are then the Democrats will be kicked out on their asses and the Republicans will be back in, or, maybe a third party will rise up that has a message for a majority of voters for a change.

No, what happens is after the Democrats screw things up, the Republicans get back in office and screw things up some more, because sheep like you on both sides of the aisle believe things will change if we just vote for the other big party.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

No, what happens is after the Democrats screw things up, the Republicans get back in office and screw things up some more, because sheep like you on both sides of the aisle believe things will change if we just vote for the other big party.

I blame sheep like you for filling the third party ranks with kooks instead of capable presidential people.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

And then hell will freeze over. :(

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I blame sheep like you for filling the third party ranks with kooks instead of capable presidential people.

How are third parties bing full of kooks any different than Republicans or Democrats? I don't see any sane people running on those tickets.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

How are third parties bing full of kooks any different than Republicans or Democrats? I don't see any sane people running on those tickets.

You have to be sane in order to recognize it. Obama is Powell approved.

silent tone

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

Simple questions Brencat:

Was the country better served by the right-wing policies of the late 19th century (that's the 1800's) that were pro-business and filled with mass poverty and child labor, or was it better served by the progressive era that followed that increased workers' rights, voters' rights, democracy (direct election of US Senators), and reduced things like child labor?

Was the country better served by the right-wing policies of the 1920's that had short-term prosperity and an little-regulated market and massive concentrations of wealth and ran the economy into the great depresssion, or was it better served by the FDR era that had the government spend to keep people employed and build the infrastructure and created programs like Social Security?

Was the country beter served by the Republican government of the 1950's which introduced the CIA as the committer of covert operations to put friendly dictators in place, to assassinate and overthrow elected leaders, that increased the cold war tensions and paved the way for the arms race and the military industrial complex Eisenhower say growing out of control, with the McCarthy era, with little progress in many areas but continuing the basic liberal policies fairly well, or was the country better served by the democratic administrations of the 1960's which brought countless improvemements from increases in Medicare to the Civil Righta Bill to reducing poverty by a third to US beautification and consumer protection programs to the Peace Corps and a shift in US policiy to stop supporting European colonization or third world nations (I leave the Vietname War off as both parties equally supported it, and Eisenhower was laying the groundwork for war in the region while JFK prevented war, until LBJ started one)?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/...8/10/18/IN5C13H0J5.DTL

Not surprising.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

So is the Iraq war.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

Huh. So was George W. Bush.

MaxisOne

May 14, 2004
Ouch!! .. the "Powell Approved" comebacks were hard and swift !!! LOL

The way i see it .. If you people hate the Supermajority that much... Then give the repubs back the house in 2010. But i want to see what can be done with a Dem Pres and a Dem congress. Also i sure as hell DO NOT want to see anymore conservatives being appointed to the supreme court for it to get lopsided. Im sure up to three justices are just "dying" to retire about now ... but they want a Dem Pres in power before they do it. I wouldn't be surprised if the day after inauguration Justice Stephens calls it quits followed shortly by Justice Ginsburg. Just as some of your republicans fear a super majority in the government. I fear a super majority in the USSC and we need a Democratic president to address that.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: silent tone

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/...8/10/18/IN5C13H0J5.DTL

Not surprising.

Not at all surprising.

... research has shown that more than 70 percent of our national debt was created by just three Republican presidents: Reagan and the two Bushes.

... to the tune of $8 trillion in interest paid on the Federal debt since Raygun's VooDoo Economics with another $2+ trillion of paid interest to be added in the next four years alone.

$ 10,331,139,000,845.92 in total Federal debt this morning - up $300+ billion since Oct 1st