802.11 on Windows... Is the stack fat?

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
On all of the Windows based machines I've had with a wireless adapter, the WiFi is the slowest thing on resume. Is the Windows 10 stack bloated? I'm also wondering it realtek isn't the problem- that maybe their software is not optimized for attaining a connection from resume. BT and everything else is ready to go after signing back on, but the adapter or interface for wireless is very slow. Most of the time I find it quicker to jostle it into and out of airplane mode. Would reverting to laptop manufacturer drivers be better than the latest realtek drivers? Granted, I am on a system with an i3 processor, but I still don't think the wait time is reasonable. My old old i5 450m based system could regain a connection from hibernate or sleep fast enough to put my current system to shame. Is there some setting, power configuration, or driver at fault?

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Have you tried with whatever the latest drivers that are available from Windows Update or which come with Windows (which I assume wouldn't be the realtek ones you're talking about since you're making them out to be different)?