7 different kinds of intelligence, which one(s) are you?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I'd say I have a very high Intrapersonal Intelligence and maybe about a 50% on Linguistic Intelligence. I'm pretty weak in all of the others.

KT

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Word Smart...definitely

Self Smart...Most likely

Smart Ass...without a doubt

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
I took one of these tests in college, it said my "spatial intelligence" was my strongest point.

Which I guess plays well into my current job, working with perspectives, geometric projections, 3D coordinates, etc.

It also said I was heavy on the visual aspect, meaning I think in pictures, and communicate better through drawings and diagrams than written word, something I also do quite a lot at my current job, I'd rather draw a diagram or mockup to explain something than to describe it.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Math/interpersonal/existential. The base list is actually 8, not 7. He also theorized on further possible intelligences like existential.

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
  • Math Smart (numerical/reasoning/logic intelligence)
  • Physically Smart (kinesthetic intelligence)
  • People Smart (interpersonal intelligence)

This. Makes sense because that's what my job deals with. Was never good with remembering dates and/or words but after physically doing a task or figuring something out on my own I have it down pat.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
My personal perception is that I'm largely Math and Visually smart. However, the closest I've ever come to taking a comprehensive test on any of this was the ASVAB that I took for joining the military back in '03, and there I had high scores in every subject area (99th percentile, with higher absolute scores in every area than anyone else I ran into who also cared to share their scores).

I'd say that I'm generally not a musically inclined person, but I've never tried so I don't know.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Without even looking, none.
I suck at everything, even sucking.

Lemme go take the gay-ass online test and get back to you.

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007
I'm highly Word smart, Physically smart, and Self smart.

I suck at Math and Music, and I'm average at the other "smarts".

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I'm not much of a Howard Gardner fan. While I do believe that there are different learning styles, much of his work is similar to all the others on the workshop circuit - "hey, give us a lot of money & we'll tell you how to do a better job teaching." The vast majority of them are just fads. His theory of multiple intelligences does make some people feel better though. "Wow, see, I'm not dumb. I'm really smart, just in a different way."

However, I do subscribe to the notion that some people more readily learn in particular areas. i.e. not everyone has the same potential in mathematics. But, much of that probably comes from cognitive development at an early age.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
His theory of multiple intelligences does make some people feel better though. "Wow, see, I'm not dumb. I'm really smart, just in a different way."

That sums up my thoughts on his work. I really do feel like it's a pat on the head to make you feel like you are special even though you could really be dumb as a post.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
That sums up my thoughts on his work. I really do feel like it's a pat on the head to make you feel like you are special even though you could really be dumb as a post.

Yup. I mean, "kinesthetic intelligence"? It's basically dexterousness.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Yup. I mean, "kinesthetic intelligence"? It's basically dexterousness.

That's the wrong definition of kinesthetics. The type of person who gets a new mechanical toy and the first thing they do is take it apart to find out how it works and then puts it back together would be a kinesthetic smart.

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000
Some amounts of
  • Word Smart (linguistic intelligence)
  • Math Smart (numerical/reasoning/logic intelligence)
  • Self Smart (intrapersonal intelligence)
  • Visually Smart (Spatial intelligence)
Others not so much..