6GB of VRAM Finally Used!

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
As the title says, I was finally able to "max" out the VRAM usage on the GTX-Titan SC!

Playing Crysis 3 maxed out including 8x MSAA @ 5160x2560 (3 30" monitors in portrait mode) using an 3970X @ 4.8Ghz.

When taking a screenshot, the FPS dips to ~ 25FPS (as in the pic). It is around 40FPS so not great but playable. I usually play Crysis 3 using SMAA which gives around 80FPS!

No other game comes anywhere near the VRAM usage that Crysis 3 does!

2nk3mgy.jpg

2hq43nd.jpg

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Normal people normally usually have one screen they game on alto they have multiple displays and what not. What you said with Crysis 3 , at 1080p resolution looks like that Titan gives 75 fps for me. never drops down lower then 60fps,,,,,,vsync on 75hz
Insane resolution like you want to use will eat your performance, try 1 monitor then lets see if your dissapointed or what not. gl

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
Crysis 3 maxed out, 8x MSAA @ 5160x2560 ~around 40FPS.

Daaamn.

Only took ~4000$ of GPUs to do it too.

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012
If this actually scaled and worked properly then you could justify spending 4k on GPU's

But since it doesnt scale and is totally broken then its just a waste of money.

There is something about wasting money while others starve which just makes it morally wrong. No different than wiping your ass on money.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Do we really need another thread from this guy? Look at the created thread history... don't need a new thread every time you want to spout something off about your video cards and triple monitor setup. Just keep it all in one.

EDIT:

Just realized I see this because I'm spanning multiple forums. But really... what does a rig have to do with how fun BC2 is?

Last edited:

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
If this actually scaled and worked properly then you could justify spending 4k on GPU's

There is something about wasting money while others starve which just makes it morally wrong. No different than wiping your ass on money.

What OP does with his money shouldn't be of your concern. There is absolutely no reason to judge him based on the video cards he owns. Geesh... For all you know this could be his only or main hobby or passion, what's the difference between this and buying 4K worth of Golf Clubs or Guns? No reason to be Jealous...

Last edited:

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
What OP does with his money shouldn't be of your concern. There is absolutely no reason to judge him based on the video cards he owns. Geesh... For all you know this could be his only or main hobby or passion, what's the difference between this and buying 4K worth of Golf Clubs or Guns? No reason to be Jealous...

This. 4K is an option package for a new car that many of us wouldn't think twice about adding-on. ;)

Anyway - back on-topic...

Very cool OP. I am doing OK with 2GB. :p

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012

Its not jealousy. I have many luxury items that cost far more than 4k. But the fact is that all of those items serve a purpose or hold value or have use.

4 Titans has no use. 3 Titans has been proved to be a total waste of energy and money.

You only buy 4 Titans so you can come onto a forum and brag. Heck it doesnt even play the games properly that they were intended for.

Kind of reminds me of the rap videos where a bunch of gangsters drink crystal because they think its expensive and it makes them look cool.

Its like when Americans put big ugly shiny spinning wheels on a Range Rover. Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

id find it more impressive if someone showed us a dual Titan setup done correctly where they get 60 FPS on a 4k monitor and the game was fully playable.

Anyone can buy 4 Titans and 3 big 30" screens and get 25 FPS. Doesnt mean its a good idea or anything noteworthy.

I was far more impressed with the guy who put dry ice cubes on his notebook to OC his 680M SLI.

Last edited:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Its not jealousy. I have many luxury items that cost far more than 4k. But the fact is that all of those items serve a purpose or hold value or have use.

4 Titans has no use. 3 Titans has been proved to be a total waste of energy and money.

You only buy 4 Titans so you can come onto a forum and brag. Heck it doesnt even play the games properly that they were intended for.

Kind of reminds me of the rap videos where a bunch of gangsters drink crystal because they think its expensive and it makes them look cool.

Its like when Americans put big ugly shiny spinning wheels on a Range Rover. Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

id find it more impressive if someone showed us a dual Titan setup done correctly where they get 60 FPS on a 4k monitor and the game was fully playable.

Anyone can buy 4 Titans and 3 big 30" screens and get 25 FPS. Doesnt mean its a good idea or anything noteworthy.

I was far more impressed with the guy who put dry ice cubes on his notebook to OC his 680M SLI.

In other words, you spend your money appropriately and he doesn't? I'd get off your high horse.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Anyone who took this bait --^ is a moron :\

Beastly setup OP!

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004

This tells me a lot about you. Benchmarking >> actual usage. Got it.

How about you let others do their thing, and you do yours?

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012
This tells me a lot about you. Benchmarking >> actual usage. Got it.

How about you let others do their thing, and you do yours?

If you think someone buys 4 Titans to play games then you need to think again.

3rd Titan is about 25% scaling and zero for the 4th card.

Actually the 4th card LOWERS performance significantly in some games.

Last edited:

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
If you think someone buys 4 Titans to play games then you need to think again.

3rd Titan is about 25% scaling and zero for the 4th card.

Actually the 4th card LOWERS performance significantly in some games.

At which resolutions/loads did you get those numbers?
Maybe one is used as a PhysX card :awe: