5ms still produces motion blur

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Anyone still using a CRT over an LCD because of the supposed motion blur issue is insane. The image quality is so bad in windows compared to a good lcd, why bother? I use an LG 27" and I don't ever notice motion blur, so whatever. I've seen some 120hz monitors and they're always a tradeoff - 2d image quality is almost always worse in every model according to reviews i've seen.

:rolleyes:
if you don't notice it then great. you could be used to it or your monitor may not be as bad as most LCDs. I did not really notice it much on my older Acer H233H but the last few monitors I have tried it has been VERY noticeable and VERY distracting just when looking around in a game.

my CRT is just a 17 inch so you know the motion blur on the LCDs had to be bothersome for me to keep it(for now) over a widescreen LCD. there are a couple more models I am going to try so hopefully I will find a decent LCD soon.

apoppin, I really would like to try an LED 120hz LCD but there are none sold locally from what I can tell. I really hate to mail order one because I am so picky and its a pain in the butt to return monitors to most online shops.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
apoppin, I really would like to try an LED 120hz LCD but there are none sold locally from what I can tell. I really hate to mail order one because I am so picky and its a pain in the butt to return monitors to most online shops.
If you play shooters with a fast PC, you owe it to yourself to see for yourself. And it isn't a bad thing to have S3D as an option, so find a 120Hz display that supports 3D Vision and HDMI 1.4

Except for the very rare image like the one that i posted from Nvidia (which appears to be "worst-case/best-case"), there is not a lot of good documentation and many gamers forgot how good CRTs looked for playing shooters because of the LCD's other striking advantages. i would lower the resolution somewhat so as to keep the fps as high as possible.

Now that my 3D Evaluation is done and i am leftover with 3x120Hz ASUS VG236H displays (and 3 other 60Hz LCDs up to 30" 2560x1600), i am going to try to do some high-speed photography to capture images from two identical side-by-side 120Hz ASUS displays running cloned screens - but one at 60Hz and the other at 120Hz.

If i come up with some good and consistent shots, it will be my next evaluation .. then Microstutter at 240fps. i bet i can make the single GPU images look just like the multi-GPU system by adjusting the details/res/AA
:whiste:

Lots to discover and cover .. so little time
:'(

Last edited: