50 years and the lady is only 27............probably a repost

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Good for you. I'm surprised how little you care that people are held responsible for their actions. I'd guess if it was someone you loved you'd feel a bit different. You're just another hypocrite I'm guessing.

Btw, here's another reason your argument is so incredibly stupid. It's not like this was a case where she hit the guy and he bounced off her car and died immediately in the street or something. In other words a case where she didn't have a whole lot of time to react and make a good descision. HE WAS THERE FOR TWO FREAKING DAYS! It's not like she didn't have plenty of time to come down off her high and realize what an incredibly cold hearted thing she was doing and make the right choice.

I am not surprised that you are attempting to judge me. I cannot blame you, really; when one is afraid of forgiveness, one does all sorts of foolish things.

I'm not surprised that you're attempting to judge me. When one feels that remorse and forgiveness are all that is needed and punishment is obsolete one says all sorts of foolish things.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
I'm not surprised that you're attempting to judge me. When one feels that remorse and forgiveness are all that is needed and punishment is obsolete one says all sorts of foolish things.

How you mock the Judeo-Christian fabric of our society.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Good for you. I'm surprised how little you care that people are held responsible for their actions. I'd guess if it was someone you loved you'd feel a bit different. You're just another hypocrite I'm guessing.

Btw, here's another reason your argument is so incredibly stupid. It's not like this was a case where she hit the guy and he bounced off her car and died immediately in the street or something. In other words a case where she didn't have a whole lot of time to react and make a good descision. HE WAS THERE FOR TWO FREAKING DAYS! It's not like she didn't have plenty of time to come down off her high and realize what an incredibly cold hearted thing she was doing and make the right choice.

I am not surprised that you are attempting to judge me. I cannot blame you, really; when one is afraid of forgiveness, one does all sorts of foolish things.

So you want them to pardon her so she can go drop E and kill some more people? We can always forgive her for that too.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: fatbaby

So you want them to pardon her so she can go drop E and kill some more people? We can always forgive her for that too.

Ah ha! Common sense. Read that carefully Orsorum and you might learn how to do it yourself. Although I don't have much hope for you since you can't manage with such a clear cut case as this. It's fine if you bought her sob story in court and think we should just forgive her and let her go since she's obviously a good person at heart but the rest of us aren't buying.

Mayhem1869

Dec 29, 2000
did anyone else find it ironic,stupid,whatever that they were trying to use drugs
as a defense ?

last time i checked drugs were illegal too, not as bad as murder, but still.

SeaSerpent

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by: ncircle
she deserves it.
anyone who has that little regard for human life should be locked up.
im sick of seeing her mug on cnn, crying...ya you are really sorry now
rolleye.gif
scumbag.

I agree!

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
If she had stopped and called 911, the worst she would have even been charged with was DUI.

From what I understand, the man was jaywalking, so she wasn't at fault for the accident.

She let the man die so she could avoid a DUI, 50 years is... adequate. Remember, she'll be out on parole in 25 years.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: ncircle
she deserves it.
anyone who has that little regard for human life should be locked up.
im sick of seeing her mug on cnn, crying...ya you are really sorry now
rolleye.gif
scumbag.

agreed

necro702

Banned
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Renob
She was scared, wasn't sure what to do, and didn't want to get in trouble. Who can blame her?
Are you stupid, or just dumb??

It is surprising how quickly one can judge the actions of another. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I agree! Before you guys rant off you should notice some things.

People make mistakes. She deserves more like 20yr sentence NOT 50!

I've seen and heard about people killing with handguns and getting
ALOT less than 50yrs.

This guy I know had his son killed by a gun and the guy basically
got off scott free. He got convicted of involuntary manslaughter
and the killer got 4 yrs. Since then the killer has been back to
prison twice already on drug charges and what not.

Plain and simple this sentence was HARSH and not fair. Of
course it was very very very wrong that she hit somebody
and didn't call anyone for help but I know she didn't plan
on doing it.

TEXAS JUSTICE at work. Please turn your head in disgust.

necro702

Banned
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Ime
If she had stopped and called 911, the worst she would have even been charged with was DUI.

From what I understand, the man was jaywalking, so she wasn't at fault for the accident.

She let the man die so she could avoid a DUI, 50 years is... adequate. Remember, she'll be out on parole in 25 years.

Yeah so she will be 52 and probably live on welfare when she gets out
eventually. Just the way I want people introduced back into society.

OLD, no skills, life gone, rotting on welfare. Hello and goodbye
tax dollar.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: necro702

tax dollar.

Ah, yes, how easily we dismiss another human life. Forgiveness is not needed in this case, as we who are without sin can so easily cast stones at those whose actions and intent we can so easily deride.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Ah ha! Common sense. Read that carefully Orsorum and you might learn how to do it yourself. Although I don't have much hope for you since you can't manage with such a clear cut case as this. It's fine if you bought her sob story in court and think we should just forgive her and let her go since she's obviously a good person at heart but the rest of us aren't buying.

Common sense in the sense that you are using it is never "common", it is usually highly subjective. Although I am sure someone of your obvious intelligence could have discerned that without much effort.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001

tax dollar.

Have heart! Maybe when she gets out in 25 years they won't have welfare anymore, and they'll make her work at MickyD's. :)

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
Not surprised.....thank goodness they saw through the crap her defense was spewing forth.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Renob
She was scared, wasn't sure what to do, and didn't want to get in trouble. Who can blame her?
Are you stupid, or just dumb??

It is surprising how quickly one can judge the actions of another. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I agree! Before you guys rant off you should notice some things.

People make mistakes. She deserves more like 20yr sentence NOT 50!
I've seen and heard about people killing with handguns and getting ALOT less than 50yrs.

This guy I know had his son killed by a gun and the guy basically got off scott free. He got convicted of involuntary manslaughter and the killer got 4 yrs. Since then the killer has been back to prison twice already on drug charges and what not.

Plain and simple this sentence was HARSH and not fair. Of course it was very very very wrong that she hit somebody
and didn't call anyone for help but I know she didn't plan on doing it.

TEXAS JUSTICE at work. Please turn your head in disgust.

Oh, and do you know ALL the exigent circumstances in these other cases you're citing? Do you know the details on WHY these were the sentences that were handed down?

Shooting someone with a gun, in certain circumstances IS involuntary manslaughter; it depends on how they're shot. IF she had called the cops right after hitting him, she wouldn't have done nearly as much time in jail. What makes her punishment so much harsher is that fact that she HID the murder for more than a month and conspired to cover it up. She also left the man, alive and slowly dying, in her windshield in a garage for TWO days. Can you IMAGINE what went through that man's head while he lay there slowly losing his life?

Fifty years, time that she can spend getting an education, finding religion, etc. etc. is EASY compared to what that guy went through.

When did we start trying to not blame criminals? She feels bad NOW and is crying, so everything should be forgiven? Well, Orsurum may believe that a few tears and the intangible forgiveness of a divine being not everyone believes in and of which no tangible proof can be found if enough for her to pay for her crime, but I, and most people, don't believe that.

slyedog

Jan 12, 2001
i think the USA would be a lot better place to live in if all the states practiced "TEXAS JUSTICE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Sticking people in jail doesn't seem to be doing the trick, either. Should we give them a Swedish massage and some candy?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Kiyup
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
because we know how well the death penalty works as deterent.
Gets rid of the repeat offenders.

Of course! And we all know that there are never any innocent people put to death.