3COM NEW ENTERPRISE NETWORK PRODUCTS

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: alphnasx
have you test or used 3Com new products lately. We are currently testing the TippingPoint UnityOne. Do know you know anything about it? maybe do a google search!

cisco and 3com products are the same, but huge price differences

bwahahhhahahahahahahah....

wait....

bwahahahahahahahaha....

Just by looking at their 8800 series it doesn't have near the density required for a core switch, nor does it have the features.

And I'm not a cisco brand whore, the others extreme, foundry, enterays, etc trouce as well.

I call shens on 3com and the other players offering similar features.

I call shens on the price difference being huge - because it is not. I have access to list and discount pricing for foundry, cisco, enterasys, extremes entire product lines if we need to discuss.

-edit- forgot about nortel and their retail/discount prices as well.

freebsdrules

Feb 20, 2005
Are you just stupid alphnasx? first of all you ask for peoples' advice about 3com and their support and just about everyone says to stay away from it; did you take a second to listen and take in the advice? Before anybody had said anything, you already had your mind set that 3com is good and that's what you're getting. If you would have listened to any of the advice given in the forum, you would have realized that there is a huge risk in going with 3com at this point (even though their products and support may at some point, turn out to be reputable) and the price difference will not be worth it in the end. What a pointless post.

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
If there's anything I've learned on these forums, if there's any questions about networking, spidey knows the answer. alphnasx, you came in here asking questions about it (legitimate questions by the way) but then 99% of the response was the same but you completely ignored them. If you've already made your mind up, why ask questions and waste people's time. Everyone will be laughing when your network goes down and you wonder why. Without a doubt, cisco makes the BEST core networking gear for large networks. I haven't heard too many complaints about them other than price and price can be negotiated down to about 50% simply by talking to different agents. But since a working network means nothing to you, good luck, you'll need it.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: alphnasx
have you test or used 3Com new products lately. We are currently testing the TippingPoint UnityOne. Do know you know anything about it? maybe do a google search!

cisco and 3com products are the same, but huge price differences

If were actually a wise man, you'd though that almost NOTHING is gained with simply a "google search" when it comes to determining reliability.