31 Iraqis killed while celebrating

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Gaard
I'm not sure CAD. What other case could he present that would give him the support he got from the WMD case? I don't think there is one.

I didn't say he'd have to take the WMDs out. :)
My point was- Why give Congress the "hindsight" argument if you don't also give it to Bush? Maybe he his timetable would have been different, no? Maybe he would have accented different intel. maybe maybe maybe - too many "what ifs" and "should have" and "could have". It is done -

I can't wait for the WMD report. Sounds like there is plenty of juicy info:)

CkG

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Gaard
I'm not sure CAD. What other case could he present that would give him the support he got from the WMD case? I don't think there is one.

I didn't say he'd have to take the WMDs out. :)
My point was- Why give Congress the "hindsight" argument if you don't also give it to Bush? Maybe he his timetable would have been different, no? Maybe he would have accented different intel. maybe maybe maybe - too many "what ifs" and "should have" and "could have". It is done -

I can't wait for the WMD report. Sounds like there is plenty of juicy info:)

CkG

Sheesh, ask a simple question. :)

Ok, I'll answer my own question. No, if the reports that some evidence had been forged and/or based on fabricated documents had come to light before the vote, congress wouldn't have passed the resolution giving Bush the power to wage war. IMO, of course.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Gaard - The problem is that the question is silly. Again - what reports? The only one that's "forged" is the uranium cake from Niger report.

So if you're asking if hte case had been presented and then (not during the discussion but before the vote) something came up that disproved significant parts of the case, then it is hard to see how they would have voted yes. There are lots of ways I could see the vote being yes for different reasons, however.

This is just speculation. That did not and really has not happened.

Michael