31 Iraqis killed while celebrating

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
linkage

THIRTY-ONE Iraqis were killed in the capital by stray bullets from celebratory gunfire marking the deaths of Saddam Hussein's sons Uday and Qusay, a Baghdad newspaper reported today.

Seventy-six people were also wounded, 40 of them seriously, Al-Moatamar, mouthpiece of Ahmed Chalabi's Pentagon-backed Iraqi National Congress, reported citing hospital figures

Time to start selling blanks...

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
I wonder how many of these were "murders". I find it hard to believe that 31 people died from celebrating.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
I wonder how many of these were "murders". I find it hard to believe that 31 people died from celebrating.

What goes up must come down?
Maybe some people can't control the weapon?
I don't see how it would be hard for 31 people to be killed with celebratorial gunfire.

CkG

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
31 killed celebrating almost sounds like Detroit winning the Basketball Championship.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Since this is a notable regular way for them to celebrate, they must have a hell of an annual death toll from "celebrations". We just need to take away all thier "toys" and make life for all a hell of a lot safer.

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
Originally posted by: mastertech01
Since this is a notable regular way for them to celebrate, they must have a hell of an annual death toll from "celebrations". We just need to take away all thier "toys" and make life for all a hell of a lot safer.

LOL.

I suspect you would have about hte same reaction from the average Iraqi gun owner, if you tried to take their guns away, as you'd get from the average American gun owner :)

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Warin

LOL.

I suspect you would have about hte same reaction from the average Iraqi gun owner, if you tried to take their guns away, as you'd get from the average American gun owner :)

Not really, we dont have too many RPG's in our closets and other large military wares. And most of our Police dont run around in armored vehicles with 50 cal machine guns and rocket launchers. If they did we prolly wouldnt make too much of a noise if they came to take away our hunting rifles. In any case we dont kill 31 people on New Years eve either, or kill 2 or 3 cops a day in one city.

Warin

Sep 6, 2001

LOL.

Not really, we dont have too many RPG's in our closets and other large military wares. And most of our Police dont run around in armored vehicles with 50 cal machine guns and rocket launchers. If they did we prolly wouldnt make too much of a noise if they came to take away our hunting rifles. In any case we dont kill 31 people on New Years eve either, or kill 2 or 3 cops a day in one city.

TOTALLY missing the point.

If the government walked into an average American gun owners home and demanded they turn over their guns because of gun violence in America, how would that go over?

And it's exactly the worry of a police state where cops are armed like the military that leads to guys like Randy Weaver.

Take the same principle to Iraq.

I wasnt trying to say Americans are killing each other by firing guns in the air to celebrate.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
31 killed celebrating almost sounds like Detroit winning the Basketball Championship.

I wonder if the bullet holes went downward into the skull like you suggested in post you had awhile ago.. another thread...

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This may be able to explain some of the mass graves.

Really? You are getting desperate to explain those mass graves away from Saddam aren't you. Why?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: etech

Really? You are getting desperate to explain those mass graves away from Saddam aren't you. Why?

Your paranoia medicine ran out?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool

Please stop trolling, add something to the discussion if you can.

Thank you.

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
I think there was a joke in the mass grave comment...

:)

Just because we think Bush is a criminal doesnt mean we think Saddam is a great guy.

It IS possible to be happy to see Saddam gone, but believe that the way he was removed was reprehensible.

The ends do not always justify the means.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I think there was a joke in the mass grave comment...

:)

Just because we think Bush is a criminal doesnt mean we think Saddam is a great guy.

It IS possible to be happy to see Saddam gone, but believe that the way he was removed was reprehensible.

The ends do not always justify the means.

In your mind the ends don't justify the means - who says you are right?.

Saddam should have been removed a long time ago, and I supported any action to take him out. You can cry about Bush's tactics if you want but the fact still remains that Saddam needed to be removed.

Carry on with the whining.

Oh, and just for the record - It sucks that 31 Iraqis died due their celebration.

CkG

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
Whining?

No whining, just stating fact.

Bush propogated a war based on lies. I know that with your Republican Tunnelvision(tm) you dont see the lies, but that doesnt negate them.

If the Bushites had convinced the UN that military action was warranted, and a resolution authorizing force had been passed by the secutiry council, I wouldnt for a moment be talking about military action in a negative way.

The ends do not justify the means.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Whining?

No whining, just stating fact.

Bush propogated a war based on lies. I know that with your Republican Tunnelvision(tm) you dont see the lies, but that doesnt negate them.

If the Bushites had convinced the UN that military action was warranted, and a resolution authorizing force had been passed by the secutiry council, I wouldnt for a moment be talking about military action in a negative way.

The ends do not justify the means.

Again - that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but calling those that don't share your opinions short-sighted or blind doesn't help you "win" your case.
So a war "based on lies" is OK if the UN says it's OK? Hmmmm..

And again - it is in YOUR mind that the ends don't justify the means.

CkG

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
Of course it is!

But how can you say you have confidence and security in how you feel if you constantly say 'in my opinion'.

If the US had been able to convince the UN of the neccesity for an invasion, I doubt their case would have been built on lies.

Funny how France, Russia, and Germany said they didnt feel the US had presented compelling evidence that Iraq possesed both WMD, and a strong resolve to use them. And that has pretty much turned out to be the truth.

It is also my opinion that the Bush administration will be remembered by history in a far darker light than the Nixon administration is. All Tricky Dick did was spy on the Democrats. Hell, I bet a lot of Republicans today would applaud if the GOP found a way to bug the Democrats :)

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperTool

Please stop trolling, add something to the discussion if you can.

Thank you.

Huh, what are you adding to discussion?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Of course it is!

But how can you say you have confidence and security in how you feel if you constantly say 'in my opinion'.

If the US had been able to convince the UN of the neccesity for an invasion, I doubt their case would have been built on lies.

Funny how France, Russia, and Germany said they didnt feel the US had presented compelling evidence that Iraq possesed both WMD, and a strong resolve to use them. And that has pretty much turned out to be the truth.

It is also my opinion that the Bush administration will be remembered by history in a far darker light than the Nixon administration is. All Tricky Dick did was spy on the Democrats. Hell, I bet a lot of Republicans today would applaud if the GOP found a way to bug the Democrats :)

Ahem "..just stating fact."-Warin;), followed by your opinion.

I have MY opinion which directly contradicts yours so yes I feel comfortable with MY opinion.

I thought Bush lied about WMD and nukes? So if Bush would have convinced the UN to go based on WMD/nukes then all would be OK?

Funny how France, Russia, and Germany aren't looked to by people who need and want help. Liberia-US, NK - US, M.E. - US Yeah, so maybe we are selfish
rolleye.gif

I doubt your opinion of how Bush will be remembered will come true.

CkG

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
Actually, most European nations do a lot in Africa. They realize that they are responsible for a lot of the chaos in Aftrica and try to do what they can.

Liberia... well, considering the nation was originally founded by Americans as a place to send free born and emancipated slaves that no longer wanted to live in the US, and that the US propped Liberia up for most of the latter half of the 20th century as a hedge against the spread of communism, and to top it all off, ALL of the parties in Liberia (not the international community) have asked for US intervention... you might not want to use Liberia as an example ;)

Of course you doubt it, Caddy. You are a Bushite :) I am not trying to change your mind, just stating what I feel.

BTW... most of the world believes Bush lied about WMD in order to justify his war of aggression. ANd the evidence is pointing that way too. That's why I said 'fact' :) But ys, that's my opinion too.

You really pick the nits, Cad m'man :)

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
CAD - <<In your mind the ends don't justify the means - who says you are right?.>>

Just for the record CAD, you believe otherwise?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Actually, most European nations do a lot in Africa. They realize that they are responsible for a lot of the chaos in Aftrica and try to do what they can.

Liberia... well, considering the nation was originally founded by Americans as a place to send free born and emancipated slaves that no longer wanted to live in the US, and that the US propped Liberia up for most of the latter half of the 20th century as a hedge against the spread of communism, and to top it all off, ALL of the parties in Liberia (not the international community) have asked for US intervention... you might not want to use Liberia as an example ;)

Of course you doubt it, Caddy. You are a Bushite :) I am not trying to change your mind, just stating what I feel.

BTW... most of the world believes Bush lied about WMD in order to justify his war of aggression. ANd the evidence is pointing that way too. That's why I said 'fact' :) But ys, that's my opinion too.

You really pick the nits, Cad m'man :)

One best becareful with using stating things that they can't back up. You stated "facts" - I showed they were your opinion- sorry it stings. Isn't this what people's problem with Bush is? He said Saddam had X and he can't back it up(yet;))? Call it picking of nits if you want but you are doing the same thing.

Gaard - IMO, the war was justified way before the means to the end came ;) I think I've made myself clear on that issue.

CkG