24" Soyo back on sale @ Office Max thru 1/5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Nice deal. Anyone know of any reviews on it? I searched for the model number and didn't have much show up. I might stop by my local officemax tomorrow after work if this pans out.

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Insomniator
The review is:

terrible stand
no hdcp
bad osd

great, great picture quality

The OSD isn't that bad as soon as you get used to it. The monitor also has hardware scaling to 4:3 resolution though the OSD. It simply turns the monitor into a 1600 x 1200 LCD, which is nice for older games. I've had mine for 4 months and am very happy with it.

Burpy

Oct 16, 2005
I have this display and think it's a great buy for sure. The picture quality is really stunning compared to the TN panels you get for the same price. I went through 3 before I got the right one. The last three had issues with lines forming within a few hours, stretching the length of the screen. It was worth the hassle in the end because of the great picture quality & size for the price.

If you plan on going for it, keep in mind that OM has a full refund, no restocking fee within 14 days of purchase. If you decide to keep the display, get the one year warranty at least, it's only $30.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Burpy
I have this display and think it's a great buy for sure. The picture quality is really stunning compared to the TN panels you get for the same price. I went through 3 before I got the right one. The last three had issues with lines forming within a few hours, stretching the length of the screen. It was worth the hassle in the end because of the great picture quality & size for the price.

If you plan on going for it, keep in mind that OM has a full refund, no restocking fee within 14 days of purchase. If you decide to keep the display, get the one year warranty at least, it's only $30.

Most good credit cards (AMEX) automatically extend the warranty a year for free.

ICR5

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Riverhound777
I found a decent review for those interested.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/in...sk=view&id=93&Itemid=1

Looks like I will be picking one of these up today if they have any. Anyone know if there are any working $30 off $150 coupons available?

try the bay for some.. but you can also turn in 5 ink cartridges and you get a $15.00 discount too ... now if you can stack both $30off$150 + $15 ink.. then you got yourself a killer deal.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Well I'm posting on this from my new Soyo and all I can say is Wow... Coming from a 19inch CRT this thing is ridiculous. so far it looks just as good as my CRT but freakishly huge.

ICR5

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2002
Well I'm posting on this from my new Soyo and all I can say is Wow... Coming from a 19inch CRT this thing is ridiculous. so far it looks just as good as my CRT but freakishly huge.

welcome to the club.. I am enjoying it very much myself. And was even thinking in getting the extended warranty directly from OM for $39.99 for 2 years. Well worth it for some peace of mind. OM will fix, replace or even refund your full money if they cannot fix/replace your 24" soyo.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: ICR5

welcome to the club.. I am enjoying it very much myself. And was even thinking in getting the extended warranty directly from OM for $39.99 for 2 years. Well worth it for some peace of mind. OM will fix, replace or even refund your full money if they cannot fix/replace your 24" soyo.

I hear it breaks after a year

I might get it

but 1680x1050 is sufficient I hear

Elvis2

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
i went to pick one up after i got off work today and they were closed already for New Year's Eve! WTH do they think they are?!? :)
i guess it'll have to wait until Wedensday.

Happy New Years everyone.
be safe ;)

harbin

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2005

It's $39.99 for 2 years? I paid $49.99 + tax for 2 years!!!

doggyfromplanetwoof

Feb 7, 2005
I just got one this morning.

All i can say is. WOAH !!

It is huge. I love it! I see no dead pixels yet, and no lines, yes it does put off some heat, but way less than my 19 inch crt.

I use it as my computer monitor and with windows media center. When im 3 inches away from it, looks good. When I set on my bed and watch TV 10 feet away, looks good.

I got the 49.99 replacement plan brings it to a total of 368. Not bad for a little of peace of mind.

Bottom line: If you need a bigger monitor and have 300bucks, get this. I suggest you get the replacement plan too, for 50bucks you can't beat it, take it back for anything, yes even a scruff.

Edit: as far as the game and ghosting goes, none so far... but I only played WoW and watched Spider-Man3, looks fantastic. Best 370 bucks i spent

ICR5

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by: harbin

It's $39.99 for 2 years? I paid $49.99 + tax for 2 years!!!

opps you are right..its $49.99 for 2 years..
I wonder if the 5 Ink cartridges for $15.00 discount applies to extended warranties... hmmmm

$49.99 minus $15.00 = $ 34.99 for 2 year coverage :)

spinejam

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
$30.00 off $200.00 purchase (online)

good thru 01/04/2008:

WFD4DYCND70DJX3XC

VooDooAddict

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
Excellent monitor for gaming.

I've got one at work and one at home, thinking about picking up a third so I can have a dedicated docking station at home that matches my work setup.

harbin

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2005
Originally posted by: doggyfromplanetwoof
I just got one this morning.

All i can say is. WOAH !!

It is huge. I love it! I see no dead pixels yet, and no lines, yes it does put off some heat, but way less than my 19 inch crt.

I use it as my computer monitor and with windows media center. When im 3 inches away from it, looks good. When I set on my bed and watch TV 10 feet away, looks good.

I got the 49.99 replacement plan brings it to a total of 368. Not bad for a little of peace of mind.

Bottom line: If you need a bigger monitor and have 300bucks, get this. I suggest you get the replacement plan too, for 50bucks you can't beat it, take it back for anything, yes even a scruff.

Edit: as far as the game and ghosting goes, none so far... but I only played WoW and watched Spider-Man3, looks fantastic. Best 370 bucks i spent

Anyone knows something about this replacement plan? It covers from the date 1 year manufacture expires (kind of 3 years protection in total) or it starts from the date you purchased it and overlaps with the manufacture's warranty?

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
If you have an office max nearby I wouldn't hesitate they will exchange until you get a good one.

If you have to order online and dont have one for 50 miles then it isnt worth it.

shingletingle

Jun 30, 2007
Originally posted by: Insomniator
If you have an office max nearby I wouldn't hesitate they will exchange until you get a good one.

If you have to order online and dont have one for 50 miles then it isnt worth it.

What is the Office Max return policy? Is it the typical 30 days?