24 inch IPS or 27 inch TN?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NitroTurtle

Jun 3, 2004
These sets are fine as a monitor for gaming but the pixels are too big for text. You have a 32" with 1920 x 1080 resolution, its just not going to be as good for text.

I suppose this comes down to preference, but in my personal experience text looks great on this 32". I use it for my main display for gaming as well as general PC use.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Hadn't heard of IPS monitors until I just happened upon this thread. Now I know what I want to get next :) - My current monitor...a 22" Chimei (CMV 221D) has been the best monitor I've ever had though, never had any problems with it and have had it for over 4 years.

Not a huge selection of IPS monitors out there now but I'm sure more and more will come out.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I have a 26.5" TN, I don't think TN is quite as bad as many make it out to be. I sit at my computer desk and am positioned directly in front of my monitor. For me, it's fine. I have used a number of Dell Ultrasharp monitors at work, I do think they have pretty vibrant colors. For me it would come down to cost and how I am going to be positioned in front of the monitor.

I suppose this comes down to preference, but in my personal experience text looks great on this 32". I use it for my main display for gaming as well as general PC use.

Most people here want 2560x1600 res when you start talking 30" monitors. 1920x1080 is fairly low res for a 32" PC monitor. Of course if you are sitting pretty far away I don't know if you'd notice much difference.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
IPS. for a screen that you're looking at every day, the IPS for sure. TN panels are just not nearly as nice to look at for long periods of time.