2021 NFL offseason: The most dramatic soap opera of an offseason

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

As a biased person, I of course give my team the top of the post.

In Seattle,

Russell Wilson intentionally decides to enter the news cycle on the Dan Patrick show:
Some displeasure can be read between the lines.

KC:
KC lets Britt Reid's contract expire:

Baltimore

Philly:
Pederson fired
Sirianni hired
Wentz still wants out:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

As a biased person, I of course give my team the top of the post.

In Seattle,

Russell Wilson intentionally decides to enter the news cycle on the Dan Patrick show:
Some displeasure can be read between the lines.

KC:
KC lets Britt Reid's contract expire:

Baltimore

Philly:
Pederson fired
Sirianni hired
Wentz still wants out:

Hey, maybe he can be traded to the Football Team! I would lose my shit. I could finally stop pulling for Seattle and that PoS Pete Carroll. (please send Metcalf with him, too, lol)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Nothing will beat the ESPN 30/30 Story that will come out about the destruction of the Houston Texans franchise by Jack Easterby
Lol, he was a character coach.

Pwaise the Lord, for we shall find salvation in being Kraft's puppet. A-men(and A-woman). Every week, we honor our Lord, by we shall deflate footballs and drink Gatorade during our communion. Belihick eleison, Brady Eleison. The Spied on other teams for OUR salvation.

After service includes Kraft-sponsered passes to a massage place or strip club of your choice.

The Tragedy of Famous Jameis' Turnover Time will be the stuff of legends to come.
From the first pick-6 to the last, to attempting to learn from Saintly men, his attempts at success never could buck the inevitability of destiny that Tom Brady would take over his space and lead what was his team to glory, cementing his legacy as the saint of interception-prone gunslingers who suck.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Lol, he was a character coach.

Pwaise the Lord, for we shall find salvation in being Kraft's puppet. A-men(and A-woman). Every week, we honor our Lord, by we shall deflate footballs and drink Gatorade during our communion. Belihick eleison, Brady Eleison. The Spied on other teams for OUR salvation.

After service includes Kraft-sponsered passes to a massage place or strip club of your choice.

The Tragedy of Famous Jameis' Turnover Time will be the stuff of legends to come.
From the first pick-6 to the last, to attempting to learn from Saintly men, his attempts at success never could buck the inevitability of destiny that Tom Brady would take over his space and lead what was his team to glory, cementing his legacy as the saint of interception-prone gunslingers who suck.
I'd still take Jameis and his turnovers over Taysom Hill and that stupid contract Payton gave him

Reactions: zinfamous

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Hey, maybe he can be traded to the Football Team! I would lose my shit. I could finally stop pulling for Seattle and that PoS Pete Carroll. (please send Metcalf with him, too, lol)
Maybe it simply comes with the job description; but I have to ask, why is Pete Carroll a PoS?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Maybe it simply comes with the job description; but I have to ask, why is Pete Carroll a PoS?

He lit the methane cloud that he started at USC, and ran as fast and as far away as he could before it exploded. ...and I don't particularly care about USC--actually, I rather dislike them--but he's scum for what he did to that program. Yes, it's easy (and I say lazy) to remember him as a winner there, but I consider his scummery far more important.

Because, technically, that championship and that Heisman don't exist anymore....technically.

And while I'm not that familiar with him at the Pats and earlier years, I know of a decent number of Pats fans that hated him then, for various reasons. I honestly can't recall why, but he just seems to have a long trail of stench.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Look like JJ Watt will be gone from Texans. He was in the league for 10 years? Wow. I thought it would be about 5 or so. Too much battle damages I reckon.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I'd still take Jameis and his turnovers over Taysom Hill and that stupid contract Payton gave him
Well, it's basically picking between Rex Grossman with a big arm or a Cam Newton with less passing talent.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
He lit the methane cloud that he started at USC, and ran as fast and as far away as he could before it exploded. ...and I don't particularly care about USC--actually, I rather dislike them--but he's scum for what he did to that program. Yes, it's easy (and I say lazy) to remember him as a winner there, but I consider his scummery far more important.

Because, technically, that championship and that Heisman don't exist anymore....technically.

And while I'm not that familiar with him at the Pats and earlier years, I know of a decent number of Pats fans that hated him then, for various reasons. I honestly can't recall why, but he just seems to have a long trail of stench.
LOL all Pete Carroll did is what any "ball coach" in the SEC would do. Chip Kelly pulled the same stunt at Oregon, and although the Ducks had a couple down years, they did go to a title game with Kelly's recruits and have since rebounded under a new regime. I'm neither a USC or Ducks fan, but Carroll running away from a methane cloud hardly qualifies him as a PoS IMHO. There's tons of asshattery in the ranks of college football coaches, and you'd be hard-pressed to identify a principled John Wooden type with any modicum of success.

As for the Heisman award specifically, it doesn't exist because Reggie Bush's family accepted 6 figures in benefits from an agent. Despite having the 2004 BCS title vacated, everyone knows that was an incredibly good team. At least they got to keep the 2003 AP poll national championship.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I'm very curious to see who ends up starting at QB for the following teams next year - Lions, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Bears, Eagles, Washington Football Team, Colts, 49ers, Panthers, Jets, Dolphins. We could have 25% of the league with a new starting QB in week 1.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Wentz to the Colts for two picks

I thought the Eagles would get more. I'm sure Wentz is happy, he won't be running for his life anymore behind the Colts' o-line.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I thought the Eagles would get more. I'm sure Wentz is happy, he won't be running for his life anymore behind the Colts' o-line.

I read that they had a potential deal sending Wentz to the Bears but he was like no way. Not sure what his leverage was in this situation, but it was from a sports reporter.

Reactions: VashHT

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I'm hoping the Bills can sway JJ our way. We definitely need the help at pass rush. Also hoping we can pick up Najee Harris in the draft to help our running game.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Eagles have finalized their 2018 team as a one-hit wonder.

Most of the essentials from that team are gone.

Also, Wentz basically has no excuse if he lays an egg against the Texans and Jags.

Wentz can prove if he's MVP or if he's Jameis from another mother.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Wentz crashed his value so bad last season because there was a lot of STUPID coming from his mind that could not be ascribed to pressure.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Alex Smith shooting shots or just trying to preserve some things for posterity?

In an interview with GQ's Clay Skipper, Smith relayed that those in the building last year didn't believe he would play again.

"They never thought I was coming back," he said. "No one there. I did all my rehab outside of the building. They do ACLs and stuff like that. But walking in with what I had, it's like you got three eyes."

The normally politically correct Smith, who played in eight games, starting six, and won Comeback Player of the Year, said his return messed with the team's plan at quarterback.
"So there was a very small group of people that actually thought that I could do this," Smith said. "I think the rest of the world either doubted me, or they patronized me. 'Yeah, that's really nice that you're trying.' When I decided to come back, I definitely threw a wrench in the team's plan. They didn't see it, didn't want me there, didn't want me to be a part of it, didn't want me to be on the team, the roster, didn't want to give me a chance. Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in, I'm like the leftovers and I'm hurt and I'm this liability. Heck no, they didn't want me there. At that point, as you can imagine, everything I'd been through, I couldn't have cared less about all that. [laughs] Whether you like it or not, I'm giving this a go at this point."
Smith said he had to convince the staff that he could not only play but play at a high level.

"I mean, they tried to put me on PUP [Physically Unable to Perform] for two weeks, then they tried to high-arm me," he said. "I felt like I still hadn't had my fair shake at that point. I wanted to see if I could play quarterback and play football, and I feel like I hadn't been given that opportunity yet to find that out. It's like getting this close to the end line of a marathon, and they're telling you that you can't finish the race. It's like, (expletive) that. I'm finishing this thing. At least I'm going to see if I can. So, I'm thankful we worked through all that stuff but no, it wasn't like open arms coming back after two years. Like I said, new coaches, new faces, and I think I definitely surprised a lot of people that never thought I would even be trying it."