2021 NFL offseason: The most dramatic soap opera of an offseason

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
And Fitzpatrick to WFT.

I like the move a lot. It is very cheap too at $10 million.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It's been confirmed Andy Dalton to Chicago

Jamal Williams signed with the Lions, they also traded for Michael Brockers

Patriots have spent a boat load of money on TE's

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Some steamy news about Deshaun Watson coming out last week.

Allegedly, he has a (recent?) erotic bodyrub addiction and never heard of googling "erotic massage 'x locale'" or not using Instagram to DM people for services.

With regards to case filings, Texas is an extraordinarily open state. I, or anyone else, can get the unofficial PDFs to read them for myself.

I'm not sure exactly what to believe because even with the sheer numbers of allegations, there could be some hidden gamesmanship on by the lawyer on behalf of the Texans.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
And Fitzpatrick to WFT.

I like the move a lot. It is very cheap too at $10 million.
I'm very high on Heinicke as the man but the guy is made of glass like Malcolm Kelly.

Fitzpatrick will be a lot of fun but one must never get too high; he's Rex Grossman with a more fun personality and a vibe of a "most interesting man in the football world" that can seduce you.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Some steamy news about Deshaun Watson coming out last week.

Allegedly, he has a (recent?) erotic bodyrub addiction and never heard of googling "erotic massage 'x locale'" or not using Instagram to DM people for services.

With regards to case filings, Texas is an extraordinarily open state. I, or anyone else, can get the unofficial PDFs to read them for myself.

I'm not sure exactly what to believe because even with the sheer numbers of allegations, there could be some hidden gamesmanship on by the lawyer on behalf of the Texans.
Almost certainly some open gamesmanship by the lawyer, but when there's this much smoke, it'd be pretty damn hard for there not to be a fire. SI.com published an article recently from an anonymous masseuse who isn't part of any of the litigation and it corroborates some elements of the complaints.

I'm no NFL junkie, but I'm baffled. Trade 3 picks for Sam Darnold so that you can flip Teddy Bridgewater for some other picks? Is this even a lateral move?

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Almost certainly some open gamesmanship by the lawyer, but when there's this much smoke, it'd be pretty damn hard for there not to be a fire. SI.com published an article recently from an anonymous masseuse who isn't part of any of the litigation and it corroborates some elements of the complaints.
I think it's now established that Watson loves himself some light touch relaxation from numerous ladies; Swedish is superficial and pretty much has no long term benefits. It's just a matter of consent or not.

The SI article sounds believable; it's just a little weird on how they found who to interview.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, now the Watson tug wars have really begun.

Watson might be just the one athlete who doesn't mind getting humiliated as long he takes the other side down with him? Well, to be fair, he did grow up without a plethora of resources, so he might have developed a nickel-and-dime approach to life.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Alex Smith retires from NFL

GettyImages-1229280860-e1618847172571.jpg

Giants will take a bag of slightly used footballs for Daniel Jones! :p

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Not surprised. They were done the moment Love was drafted. Everything else was politic-speak. But the environment makes so if a new toy is in, the new toy will be used.
I'm still scratching my head at the Love pick honestly.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I'm still scratching my head at the Love pick honestly.
Rodgers' stats from 2017-2019 were below his ultra-high standards. The Packers thought they were being prescient by planning 3 years ahead (as they had done when drafting Rodgers in 2005). In an unplanned way, it actually worked as Rodgers came out and posted a FY MVP season. Unfortunately the Packers underestimated the animosity they created by not only picking Love, but also by not drafting any skill positions for the offense.

If I was Packers GM, so much of last year's squad is returning that I would just try to run it back for one more season unless the Seahawks are offering a QB1 for QB1 swap.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Trevor Lawrence gives me the same reaction as Adam Driver. Damn, what an ugly face for a face of a franchise.

Reactions: zinfamous

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well shit. The Giants lost out on one of the top 3 WR and managed to get a nice trade out of it. I'm happy so far, let's see what they do at 20.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
When Cam's body breaks down around week 8, a new QB will take the rusted and broken throne at New England.