2019 NFL offseason and draft thread *OBJ traded to CLE!*

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
With that reaction I hope they trade him and he wins a couple of rings.

New York fans are probably only superseded by Philly fans as "the worst" ...though to be fair, Philly fans really just seem to reserve their worst for other teams, their fans, and random cultural icons--not their own teams.

This is how New York fans reacted to the Porzingis pick. Then they fell in love. ...well, maybe not any more.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
If Daniel Jones turns out to be a good NFL QB a lot of "reporters" and "pundits" should lose their jobs.

But, as with market reporters, that never happens. In those jobs you're allowed to not only be wrong, but be wrong with prejudice.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
New York fans are probably only superseded by Philly fans as "the worst" ...though to be fair, Philly fans really just seem to reserve their worst for other teams, their fans, and random cultural icons--not their own teams.

This is how New York fans reacted to the Porzingis pick. Then they fell in love. ...well, maybe not any more.
I guess I'm just a softy, I don't like fans booing unless the players do something really terrible like try to hurt someone.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Did Roger Goodell give the Browns cheat codes or something? How the hell does the league let them trade for OBJ, pay Hunt chump change to be a pro-bowl level backup, now let them draft top CB Greedy Williams halfway into the 2nd round?

Reactions: brianmanahan

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
It's funny, yesterday I thought Lock was a lock for Denver, but he wasn't. Today, somehow, he was still undrafted, and I thought Denver was avoiding quarterbacks. So, naturally, they traded up and drafted Lock. :confused:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
It's funny, yesterday I thought Lock was a lock for Denver, but he wasn't. Today, somehow, he was still undrafted, and I thought Denver was avoiding quarterbacks. So, naturally, they traded up and drafted Lock. :confused:
Greater minds.....

Actuaries and shit.:)

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Wow, how about Tyreek hill bullshit, the audio has him looking like a complete loser. His 3yr old son has a broken arm apparently caused by Hill as "discipline", I think he's played his last NFL snap.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Wow, how about Tyreek hill bullshit, the audio has him looking like a complete loser. His 3yr old son has a broken arm apparently caused by Hill as "discipline", I think he's played his last NFL snap.
Yeah, don't fuck with children. Intolerable.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yeah, don't fuck with children. Intolerable.
Yea, what kind of F-ing monster thinks it proper to enact brutal physical punishment on a damm 3 yr old. Both Hill and his finance have lost custody of the kid and rightfully so. He already plead guilty in 2016 of domestic abuse and did a lot of community service plus agreed to do anger management counseling which obviously failed. He was set to get a monster contract too, possibly the best paid WR in NFL, not anymore, he'll be cooking burgers soon, (if he avoids jail).

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yea, what kind of F-ing monster thinks it proper to enact brutal physical punishment on a damm 3 yr old. Both Hill and his finance have lost custody of the kid and rightfully so. He already plead guilty in 2016 of domestic abuse and did a lot of community service plus agreed to do anger management counseling which obviously failed. He was set to get a monster contract too, possibly the best paid WR in NFL, not anymore, he'll be cooking burgers soon, (if he avoids jail).

what the hell is up with those KC dudes? Could be such a monster team but damn, just can't stop themselves from beating up people.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
what the hell is up with those KC dudes? Could be such a monster team but damn, just can't stop themselves from beating up people.
Hill slipped all the way to the 5th round a few years ago, his talent level is obviiously well above that, but he had a conviction for punching his then pregnant GF in the stomach. From KC's perspective they got a talented receiver for 3 years on a rookie contract, all teams love then rookie contracts!.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
1rDvutc.jpg

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
When Tyreek Hill's son gets older could he still get child support from Hill if Hill permanently loses custody?

Mar 11, 2004
If Daniel Jones turns out to be a good NFL QB a lot of "reporters" and "pundits" should lose their jobs.

But, as with market reporters, that never happens. In those jobs you're allowed to not only be wrong, but be wrong with prejudice.

Why? Should everyone that passed on Brady and didn't think he'd be shit lose their jobs? You know who that would include? Bill Belichick (who passed on Brady for 5 rounds and didn't consider him much more than a backup at the time, I think he was considered camp fodder and doubted he'd even make the roster).

You're bitching about people being wrong and acting like its some unforgivable sin? So if you're wrong should you STFU for the entire rest of your life? After all, you were wrong one time!!!!!! :rolleyes: If you're reading/watching sports media persons purely for them being correct or not about stuff that will takes years in the future to actually know, then I don't even know what to say. Especially since probably half those people have jobs because they deliberately stir up emotions (you know that, right?). I'm guessing you're the type that listens to AM sports radio, bitching incessantly but not missing a show?

You could've at least picked a non stupid situation to pick on sports media about. Like how the media "Are the Patriots dead?" a few years ago. Or hell how they kinda shut up about the Pats (but clearly wanted to say that they're not impressive) last year, while they tried to fluff Luck and the Colts (or even more lulzy the fucking Chargers with Philip Rivers). Or basically anything to do with Peter King.

Did Roger Goodell give the Browns cheat codes or something? How the hell does the league let them trade for OBJ, pay Hunt chump change to be a pro-bowl level backup, now let them draft top CB Greedy Williams halfway into the 2nd round?

Who cares, its the fucking Browns. They probably won't win their own division, and then will be hiring new coach/front office after this season only to start the whole shitshow over again next year. Or even worse, they won't do that even though its clear they should, and then they'll do it after game 3 the following year.

Oh please, aren't you a 49ers and NativeAmericanSlurs fan? How many 49ers got in trouble for awhile there? Shit, I think Aldon Smith alone had more arrests than most other teams did. And then didn't they finally cut the one guy only for the NativeAmericanSlurs (who had full knowledge of what he was accused of) to sign him? And I'm not even talking about Adrian Peterson. And those aren't the only ones. Not that it excuses it, but no idea why people act like the Chiefs are full of people like that while other teams have as many.

http://nflarrest.com/

While I think Hill seems to be a piece of shit, let's not even pretend like the Chiefs are the only team that should be answering a LOT of questions about the conduct of their players while the teams were pissing themselves over players kneeling for the anthem.

Honestly at this point only fucking morons are fans of the actual NFL teams and not the players. I hate to say it but I almost kinda get the Alex Smith fans (not really, they're goddamned morons still, I mean, seriously, Alex Smith? Hahahahahaha). Mahomes is the only reason I watched the NFL last year. He was worth it. Hill seems to be a hell of a player but too bad he's so f'ed in the head otherwise. If Mahomes turns out to be a similar idiot, then I'll just stop giving a shit about the NFL because the NFL (and its fans) don't actually give a shit about this stuff while trying to act like they do (but constantly showing how full of shit they really are).

When Tyreek Hill's son gets older could he still get child support from Hill if Hill permanently loses custody?

Er, what? Gets older? Do you mean just at any point if Hill loses custody? And uh, yeah. Does being able to get out of child support by harming your child make any sense to you? Think that might would be just a little tiny bit problematic?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm sure most of you already heard, but Redskins lost Reuben Foster on the 3rd play of OTA's, his first play of OTA's.

As usual, my avatar is perfectly fitting for this shit organization.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I'm sure most of you already heard, but Redskins lost Reuben Foster on the 3rd play of OTA's, his first play of OTA's.

As usual, my avatar is perfectly fitting for this shit organization.
Skins got him on waivers so it's not like much was invested, was released for his 2nd domestic violence charge in a year (magically dropped due to lack of evidence)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why? Should everyone that passed on Brady and didn't think he'd be shit lose their jobs? You know who that would include? Bill Belichick (who passed on Brady for 5 rounds and didn't consider him much more than a backup at the time, I think he was considered camp fodder and doubted he'd even make the roster).

You're bitching about people being wrong and acting like its some unforgivable sin? So if you're wrong should you STFU for the entire rest of your life? After all, you were wrong one time!!!!!! :rolleyes: If you're reading/watching sports media persons purely for them being correct or not about stuff that will takes years in the future to actually know, then I don't even know what to say. Especially since probably half those people have jobs because they deliberately stir up emotions (you know that, right?). I'm guessing you're the type that listens to AM sports radio, bitching incessantly but not missing a show?

You could've at least picked a non stupid situation to pick on sports media about. Like how the media "Are the Patriots dead?" a few years ago. Or hell how they kinda shut up about the Pats (but clearly wanted to say that they're not impressive) last year, while they tried to fluff Luck and the Colts (or even more lulzy the fucking Chargers with Philip Rivers). Or basically anything to do with Peter King.

Who cares, its the fucking Browns. They probably won't win their own division, and then will be hiring new coach/front office after this season only to start the whole shitshow over again next year. Or even worse, they won't do that even though its clear they should, and then they'll do it after game 3 the following year.

Oh please, aren't you a 49ers and NativeAmericanSlurs fan? How many 49ers got in trouble for awhile there? Shit, I think Aldon Smith alone had more arrests than most other teams did. And then didn't they finally cut the one guy only for the NativeAmericanSlurs (who had full knowledge of what he was accused of) to sign him? And I'm not even talking about Adrian Peterson. And those aren't the only ones. Not that it excuses it, but no idea why people act like the Chiefs are full of people like that while other teams have as many.

http://nflarrest.com/

While I think Hill seems to be a piece of shit, let's not even pretend like the Chiefs are the only team that should be answering a LOT of questions about the conduct of their players while the teams were pissing themselves over players kneeling for the anthem.

Honestly at this point only fucking morons are fans of the actual NFL teams and not the players. I hate to say it but I almost kinda get the Alex Smith fans (not really, they're goddamned morons still, I mean, seriously, Alex Smith? Hahahahahaha). Mahomes is the only reason I watched the NFL last year. He was worth it. Hill seems to be a hell of a player but too bad he's so f'ed in the head otherwise. If Mahomes turns out to be a similar idiot, then I'll just stop giving a shit about the NFL because the NFL (and its fans) don't actually give a shit about this stuff while trying to act like they do (but constantly showing how full of shit they really are).

Er, what? Gets older? Do you mean just at any point if Hill loses custody? And uh, yeah. Does being able to get out of child support by harming your child make any sense to you? Think that might would be just a little tiny bit problematic?

settle down, Francis. I agree that being fans of pro teams is fundamentally stupid. I follow the team that I grew up with for the most part, but otherwise I will pull for a team because of players. I'm a Russell Wilson fan because of college, same with Rivers and Holt and well, I'll pull for anyone and their teams that went to my school and weren't dirtbags. I hate Pete Carroll but I pull for the Seahawks because of Wilson. etc.