2019 Formula Boinc Sprints

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
And the project that has been announced is...

MOD_PYTHON ERROR

Again.

Please continue your normal SETI work until further notice. ;)

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
And the project that has been announced is...

MOD_PYTHON ERROR

Again.

Please continue your normal SETI work until further notice. ;)
Dammit, I prepped by flushing SETI out of all my queues, since I'm keen on FB. Sigh.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
This is the longest delay that I can remember, I wonder what's going on? Is FB on its way out?

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Maybe Sebastien will announce the project at the start to avoid bunkering on a "fragile" project server. Or perhaps he's on Holiday. :)

At this point, yafu would be a good choice.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Don't tell anybody, but I am currently bunkering POGS, Leiden Classical, and Xansons for COD. In all likelihood, the sprint project will be one of these.

• Haha
Reactions: ao_ika_red

Ken g6

Dec 11, 1999
I'll work on RNA World. You can't create an account there anymore, but I still have Tony's account on the computer he sold me. ;)

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Well, well, this is an interesting development. I wonder what project race/aggregation could capture our interest instead of Formula BOINC?

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, I fear this sprint is cancelled due to a technical difficulty.:eek:
Hopefully next week will be back to normal.:rolleyes:

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I hope Sebastien hasn't gone past his due date and expired...........

LAF/Sebastian....although you are our 'enemy' (*most immediate competitor), we love/respect you and hope you are well!!!

NOW PICK A FREAKING PROJECT!!! Even if you're dead! The Sprints must continue!!!!......err. sorry, having trouble with Mr. Hide speaking....

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
So......ODLK it is perhaps? Which one is that? Lemme see...ah, this one: https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/ ((blame marsinph of BOINC.BE (Belgium) if this is incorrect))

Why not? Switching now, even if no points for the Sprint, because of the written intent of FB in general, (which I can't quote since the whole site is down), but something along the lines of bringing attention to smaller projects. :)

EDIT: It seems this project has 3 types of tasks...has it always been so?

Last edited:

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I do believe the ODLK project admin Natalia was expecting to be the topic of this Sprint: She posted the Python error, then asked "What is that supposed to mean? ODLK accidentally not in Sprint now?"

She goes on to say (sorry for the rough English from Google translate):

Code:
I think that one of the projects (ODLK or ODLK1) is now in Sprint, but many still confuse these projects and are going to consider the wrong project :)
Or maybe not a single project is in Sprint, just such a coincidence is a simultaneous increase in activity in both projects.

In the ODLK1 project, the tasks also end. How would Progger not overslept :)

And the Formula Boinc site still does not open for me.

edit: Darn it, nevermind, after further translating from French to Russian to Klingon to English, she says no no no, she only went to FB's site to see what the Sprint was, just like everyone else....or is she just being Russian, and trying to not let the cat out of the bag? Hmmmmm. I don't think we will ever know. Hope Sebastian is alright... and learns to share responsibility....

Last edited:

Ken g6

Dec 11, 1999
Well...

The good news is the FB site came back. :)

The better news is the sprint project wasn't any of the ones we didn't pick. ;)

The bad news is the site still says "Project to be determined" for the last sprint. So I guess we really did skip that sprint.

Reactions: biodoc and Modular