2017 NBA Playoffs

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The way this is going, ah if only they could have held onto the lead last game.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
wow these refs sucking tonight. Gave Love a fragrant for a block attempt and nothing for someone tossing a below the belt punch.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
LeBron has long carried a heavy minutes burden in the playoffs, but it's been especially bad for the past few years. I've always contended that his gas tank isn't the best; sure he can play the 45 minutes but the last 5 or so are usually sub-optimal. Although the team's +/- tanks when LeBron is out, I feel it's still a sign of bad coaching to not steal a couple extra minutes of rest for him throughout the game. Game 3 they probably felt like they had no choice because it was a must-win situation. LeBron and Kyrie Irving are not leaving the game when they are lighting it up for 3 quarters, and there's almost no margin for error.

Having said that, KD's clutch transition 3 wasn't the nail in the coffin. It put the Dubs up by just 1 point, and then Kyrie had the poor 1-on-1 possession. I realize that ISO is the Cavs' M.O. with LeBron and Kyrie, but I'd much rather live with Kyle Korver missing a very make-able shot than with hero balling gone bad. To be fair, Irving had driven to the rim time and time again in the 3rd quarter and dazzled with his scoring ability. So you trust him in that situation. But I still want a head coach to put his team in a better situation to win than simply asking "go get a basket for us" against an elite defender.

His gas tanks good imho, he's 6'8 like 265-275lbs, I don't know if anyone his size could play as physical as he does and not get tired. That's a ton of muscle and size to keep supplying oxygen to. And it doesn't help that in a series like this he has to pretty much play the entire game and play it at at 100%.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Irving shot 60% of 3 pointers? Wow.

With the exception of Durant, the Warriors did not have the killer <let end it tonight> mentality for tonight game.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yup. 6-10. That's insane. And they weren't easy ones. Some of them were waaaay out there.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I'm glad they finally made it a series but unfortunately the addition of Durant is just too much for any team to overcome to win the series.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Ok, so I was wrong. They came out hot, I didn't think they'd keep it up. Thought GS would come back in the 2nd half. But as Perkins said in the half time show, it takes a record breaking performance to beat GS? Doesn't look good. If they had won game three, it would be exciting. As it is, just a formality still I think. GS still scored a lot of points. Durant was really the only player to have a good game though. As usual he is the best player on GS.

This is the worst finals reffing in a long time that I have seen. Only the complete hosing of the King was worse. Flagrant on Love when he was actually trying to go for the ball, yet none for Green when he elbowed Iman in the temple, or when he hammed another player on the head. No flagrant. Green should have been tossed, and out for game 5, just like last year. An obvious back court violation on Kyrie, no call. It was so obvious. Durant talking shit to a bench player of the Cavs, he responds to Durant, gets called for a tech. Wtf is that bullshit? Absolute garbage reffing on both sides.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah this was not the Cleveland team of the last three games. Respect to them for playing with heart in an elimination game and not accepting the sweep. I got no idea what to expect from here on out. They dug out of a hole last year... But the addition of Durant? I don't think they have a big enough shovel.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Gs didnt do as well at 3 pointers as they usually do, then the Cavs did better at them, that was pretty much it, aside of the shitty reffing.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Gs didnt do as well at 3 pointers as they usually do, then the Cavs did better at them, that was pretty much it, aside of the shitty reffing.
They didn't just do better they set a record. That was some crazy scoring. I don't expect to see that again in this series. They were just hitting everything.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
People like me just thought it was Green. The box score during halftime had it on Kerr.

A technical foul in the first quarter that official John Goble called on Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr was incorrectly recorded by the official scorer as being on Green. It was announced as being on Green, and it remained in the official box score that way. The mistake was not corrected.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
They didn't just do better they set a record. That was some crazy scoring. I don't expect to see that again in this series. They were just hitting everything.

Yes, I know they did, it was pretty amazing to watch. Oh look, I am 35 feet away, SWOOSH.