*** 2016 NBA Playoff thread ***

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Warriors fall to Rockets in game 3 ... Once again its proved, Warriors are nothing without Lance Armstrong

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Warriors fall to Rockets in game 3 ... Once again its proved, Warriors are nothing without Lance Armstrong

You think he's doped? But he's so fragile.

Anyways, Warriors are incredibly stacked. They pushed the Rockets to the end. That's a little embarrassing imo.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
You think he's doped? But he's so fragile.

Anyways, Warriors are incredibly stacked. They pushed the Rockets to the end. That's a little embarrassing imo.

embarrassing for who? I guess you mean for the Warriors... don't forget we are comparing "all time best" NBA team with a team that almost didn't make playoffs

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
embarrassing for who? I guess you mean for the Warriors... don't forget we are comparing "all time best" NBA team with a team that almost didn't make playoffs

You're right. It's embarrassing for both in a way. The warriors are really stupidly stacked deep. And at halftime Chaz Barkley was saying Rockets go down for the count by 10. lol

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
You're right. It's embarrassing for both in a way. The warriors are really stupidly stacked deep. And at halftime Chaz Barkley was saying Rockets go down for the count by 10. lol

Barkley is a boisterous dirt bag, mindless attention whore with a mouthpiece... he does not represent Houston...

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
NBA gigged the game pretty bad against Dallas today, wonder why...

And when did OKC become this rowdy? Its used to be a team of good sports men, what they did in the last 2 games is pretty sad. Wastecrook was always a sore point in the team but it seems that have picked up a few more bad apples along the way.

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Curry out 2 weeks with a sprained MCL.

RIP, Warriors.
It's at least two weeks. Supposedly bookmakers still have the Dubs as favorites to get pass the Clippers without Steph Curry. The Dubs are deep as fuck but I'm not as confident without Curry on the court.

With what we currently know, the Spurs have moved ahead as far as title favorites. The Dubs essentially have no real chance if Curry doesn't play in the conference finals (if they make it that far). My guess is that 2 weeks is a little optimistic, but he could return just in time to save the season.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
It's at least two weeks. Supposedly bookmakers still have the Dubs as favorites to get pass the Clippers without Steph Curry. The Dubs are deep as fuck but I'm not as confident without Curry on the court.

With what we currently know, the Spurs have moved ahead as far as title favorites. The Dubs essentially have no real chance if Curry doesn't play in the conference finals (if they make it that far). My guess is that 2 weeks is a little optimistic, but he could return just in time to save the season.

Not a Clipper fan at all but I have season tickets. It would be awesome if they could get past the Warriors so I can have tickets to the WCF.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Curry out 2 weeks with a sprained MCL.

RIP, Warriors.

The biggest issue is not how quickly he can come back, but how quickly he should come back. If his mcl is not near fully healed, he's vulnerable to injuring it again with potentially greater structural damage due to compromised mcl support. People have watched DRose's fall from the top, and that is the last thing the Warriors should want to happen, regardless of how great a season they had this year.

Regardless, I can see the Warriors getting past the Clips without Curry.

Last edited:

HendrixFan

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2001
I'd be shocked to see Curry return in 2 weeks. As mentioned above, it is at least 2 weeks but probably more. In 2 weeks he will be re-evaluated.

The Warriors are a deep team but losing your best player hurts anyone, and Curry is the fulcrum of the offense. The Cavs were on an incredible run last season up until they lost Love and Kyrie. The entire offense had to be rearranged on the fly.

Curry opens up the offense in a way nobody else can, and really challenges any notion of defensive spacing and rotation. Livingston is not a comparable substitute in style of play much less ability. This shortens the bench too. Houston doesn't care to take advantage of this change but don't think the same will be true of the clippers or spurs.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Livingston would have matured into a great guard had he not been injured so early when with the Clips. But yea, he is the opposite style player to Curry, being a midrange slasher. Their depth charts look real slim on true PGs. That's kinda whacked given Curry's injury history.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Holy Carp. CP3 is out, metacarpal fracture in his right hand. Portland wins, series now tied 2-2. Clippers are accumulating injuries.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
With CP3 out, even if the Clippers survive against Portland, they won't advance. =( So much injuries.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Just when the window got bigger for the Clips, the door closed. Sucks for them.

So far it's a pretty amazing first round. I can't remember seeing this many 2-2 series (4 of 8 matchups.)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Just when the window got bigger for the Clips, the door closed. Sucks for them.

So far it's a pretty amazing first round. I can't remember seeing this many 2-2 series (4 of 8 matchups.)

Parity is high in this era and we are seeing that play out.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Oh wow, just saw the news on paul...west is beating itself at this point.

Jun 18, 2000
Spurs and Warriors are the only two teams I could see getting to the finals without their best player. Both are coached well and have deep benches. The Cavs could beat anybody at full strength, but without LeBron they probably wouldn't get out of the first round.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Oh wow, just saw the news on paul...west is beating itself at this point.

Agreed, OKC was out for blood too with Dallas, lucky no one got hurt. Hope it stays that way with the Spurs, hope OKC does not try the take out kawhi or something...