*** 2016 NBA Playoff thread ***

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
LOL what? last year in the finals the Warriors had a full squad, and still lost 2 games and almost a 3rd to the Cavs who were missing their 2nd and 3rd best players. They should have swept the Cavs with those 2 injuries, but it was still a very competitive series. For most of the series, it was literally Lebron and the practice squad, they shouldn't have won a single game. WITH Curry they'll struggle to beat the Cavs in the finals this year. If he's out, there's no way in hell they could beat them any more than the Cavs couldn't beat them last year without Love & Irving. even if GSW's at 100% the Cavs should smash them. You're giving GSW's bench way too much credit. They better hope Irving & Love get injured again, imho even if 1 of those 2 got injured again. James + either 1 of them would be a coin flip in the finals against Golden state.

I don't want to look past Portland/LAC and San Antonio but everybody here in the Bay Area is hoping for a GSW/Cleveland rematch with both teams 100% healthy.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Charlotte?...for realz?...damn, that's some good stuff. :thumbsup:

this is what happens when you name change and no one is now laffing at your team name any more.
bobcats? lulz

Last edited:

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
OKC has weak spots, you frustrate wastebrook and he loses his game, then you just have to take create of Durant. But they have been playing very aggressive and physical game, that can take Spurs down, they choke pretty bad when pushed out of their comfort zone

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
OKC has weak spots, you frustrate wastebrook and he loses his game, then you just have to take create of Durant. But they have been playing very aggressive and physical game, that can take Spurs down, they choke pretty bad when pushed out of their comfort zone

I think Leonard will lock down either Durant or Westbrook, so it's going to be all on the other, which I don't think they can do against SA in a series.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't want to look past Portland/LAC and San Antonio but everybody here in the Bay Area is hoping for a GSW/Cleveland rematch with both teams 100% healthy.

Unless a lot has changed since last year, both teams @ 100% would be disastrous for GSW fans. I still have visions of Bellanova, an unknown who hardly had play time all season playing against Curry like a 3 time All Star. Sure it was only 1 game, but wtf man. GSW's clearly playing a lot better this year, but the Cavs @ 100% should sun them pretty badly in a best of 7.

This is basketball and anything could happen, but they semi struggled against maybe the most crippled team in the finals ever last year.

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Bellanova? :D

I had to Google, could have swore that was his name. Dellavedova, my bad. Just goes to show how insane it was he outplayed the league MVP for a single game. Who actually knew his name before that game? I'm a huge bball fan and couldn't remember it for shit lol.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Blazers beat the Clippers 106-103.

On to face the Warriors.

(Hoping Portland beats the Warriors,and wins their second NBA championship since 1977..)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I had to Google, could have swore that was his name. Dellavedova, my bad. Just goes to show how insane it was he outplayed the league MVP for a single game. Who actually knew his name before that game? I'm a huge bball fan and couldn't remember it for shit lol.

more evidence of parity! :D

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
SA is a lot better than I think people give them credit for. There has been a lot of talk about GS and people sleeping on SA.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Pop knows very well how to push Westbrook's buttons, once you do that he just takes the entire OKC down... Durant knows very well to stay out of the debacle and not become a collateral damage. Its has happened again and again, will see more of that during this series.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Pop knows very well how to push Westbrook's buttons, once you do that he just takes the entire OKC down... Durant knows very well to stay out of the debacle and not become a collateral damage. Its has happened again and again, will see more of that during this series.

That is part of the game though right? OKC... they should be able to counter anything with two superstars. For the Spurs... the tandem of Kawaii and Aldridge is shaping up to be quite a force.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
That is part of the game though right? OKC... they should be able to counter anything with two superstars. For the Spurs... the tandem of Kawaii and Aldridge is shaping up to be quite a force.

Right, but that the point, Westbrook is not a superstar, you might be physically strong and have a great game but if you a mentally weak, its of no use.

I am a Spurs fan, live in SA, have been watching then for ever. What we saw yesterday might be a masterpiece but as even the player themselves said, its just one game. I have seen Spurs choke far too many times at critical moments to have have faith in them. This year the are great at home but the mediocrity on road is strong. OKC, Spurs might take it in 4-1 game, but in a long term, last night's game doesn't mean much, they were shooting fish in a barrel with a shotgun

Last edited:

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Spurs are mocking Thunders... I don't believe that are actually loosing, just messing with the thunders