2014 Gasoline Price Forecast

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
towards $4

$3.69 is not $3

You should try one of the online schools advertised here in Indy all the time, you need basic math learning.

$3.48 (what I paid) is not "towards" $4 you retard. What's your excuse going to be when it drops again -- you know, the drops you NEVER report?

And don't speak to me about math learning - unlike you, I have an actual degree and I also remember one of your epic self-ownage threads where you claimed a guy working two jobs (one at $10/hr and the other at $7/hr) made $17/hr. :biggrin:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by cabri
$3.38 I465/US421
$3.54 I465/Meridian
$3.38-$3.59 86th St

Do you need everything spoon fed to you.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! McOWNED yet again.

Does that nutjob live here? I don't think so.

You do however.

I challenge your ass to come here and take me to a station on the Northwest side showing less than $3.50 on a posted sign.

Not Cosco or any of the other member only discount bullshits.

A posted sign.

$50 cold hard of my working money cash.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Rockets and Parachutes, even your paid Thugs like Gas Buddy describe the swings that way.

Oh for math I don't know if your state has it like Indiana but you should go online and take a basic math course since you are so confused.

So, you do admit the price drops quite a bit. Great! Now we're getting somewhere.

As for my math skills, true, I never got past Trig and basic Calc, but I manage, unlike others who seem unable to tell the difference between 3.60 and $4, $5, $10 or any other gloom and doom price that hasn't taken hold yet.

"Towards $4" LOL! $3.69 is towards $4, sure, and it's also towards $5, $100, $1000.

But why aren't you over $4 NOW? This thread is 8 months old and you were proclaiming gas would be over $4 months and months ago, even with the almost clockwork like two week price increase alerts.....".50 increase today", ".30 increase today", "jumped .40 today", over and over, every two weeks or so, like clockwork.

Yet, not one damned peep about "the price dropped .20 over the last week." No, that'd be too honest to expect that from you, esp. given your history.

TheSandman21

May 14, 2011
Too bad I was asleep earlier. I could have made $50. Still could if you opened it up to the entire Westside....:biggrin:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
So, you do admit the price drops quite a bit. Great! Now we're getting somewhere.

As for my math skills, true, I never got past Trig and basic Calc, but I manage, unlike others who seem unable to tell the difference between 3.60 and $4, $5, $10 or any other gloom and doom price that hasn't taken hold yet.

"Towards $4" LOL! $3.69 is towards $4, sure, and it's also towards $5, $100, $1000.

But why aren't you over $4 NOW? This thread is 8 months old and you were proclaiming gas would be over $4 months and months ago, even with the almost clockwork like two week price increase alerts.....".50 increase today", ".30 increase today", "jumped .40 today", over and over, every two weeks or so, like clockwork.

Yet, not one damned peep about "the price dropped .20 over the last week." No, that'd be too honest to expect that from you, esp. given your history.

Because the price did not drop .20 over the last week.

Never does here. Only in places like where you live.

They tend to keep the price lower for the south and the ghettos.

Wonder why that is.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
China, Polar Vortex's and pipeline bottlenecks oh my

Just follow the gold brick road to the Oil & gas Thugs profits

9-5-2014

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environmen...-new-oil.-So-why-are-gas-prices-still-so-high

US is awash in new oil. So why are gas prices still so high?

The supply of oil and natural gas is booming in the US, but gas prices and electricity costs remain high.

With oil and natural gas production soaring in the US, consumers might expect lower prices at the pump and on their electric bills.

But that’s not happening.

The summer driving season was the fourth most expensive on record, and residential electricity costs ballooned in the first half of 2014.

Meanwhile, US oil and natural gas production surges, fueled by innovative drilling in states like Texas, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. Today, the US is the world’s largest producer of natural gas, and oil production rivals energy giants like Russia and Saudi Arabia.

So why are American consumers paying more, even as the supply of American fuel expands? Unquenchable global demand is the problem, analysts say, along with inclement weather and infrastructure bottlenecks that have prevented burgeoning energy stores from reaching consumers.

“As along as global demand remains strong, we’re going to see gas prices in the US remain relatively expensive,” says Michael Green, spokesperson for automotive group AAA, in a telephone interview Thursday. “Places like China have really increased the amount of petroleum they use.”

“If we hadn’t had this boom in North American production, we’d see much higher prices,” Mr. Green says, adding that when prices drop domestically, gasoline producers look to foreign markets. “If you’re a refinery you can still sell gas overseas, so there’s a floor to how low prices can go in the US.”

AAA’s latest gas report indicates that the average gas price this summer was $3.58 per gallon, making it the fourth most expensive summer on record.

Americans are paying high prices in their homes as well. Residential electricity costs in the first half of 2014 averaged 12.3 cents per kilowatt hour – a 3.2 percent increase from the same period last year

Much of the rise in electricity prices earlier this year was due to effects of a polar vortex that drove up power and heating demand earlier this year. Meanwhile, pipeline bottlenecks constrain natural gas supply, adding further upward pressure to electricity prices.

TheSandman21

May 14, 2011
Really?

Where are you on the west side where it is less than $3.50?

I will meet you there Saturday with $50 in hand.

Sadly, they raised their prices this morning. Without photographic proof, I can't take your $50 in good faith. :)

However, I can tell you that as late as last night, both the Circle K at Washington and High School (the same station I previously reported raising their prices over 48 hours after everyone else prior to Labor Day weekend), and the Phillips 66 at Girls School and Morris were both at $3.41 a gallon.

Down here, you can generally fill up at the Thornton's on Washington, or either of the Walmart gas stations in Avon or Plainfield later than other stations and not have to pay the post-price hike premium, no rewards cards or points needed. Some of the other W Washington Street stations not named Speedway outside the loop can also be caught later than other stations, but ymmv. They are pretty inconsistent on late they raise their prices, while Thorntons and Walmart (and now apparently Circle K) are pretty consistently the last ones.

Now if you need anything in Zionsville today, it looks like you can still get gas for $3.39 at Meijer. :)

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Because the price did not drop .20 over the last week.

Never does here. Only in places like where you live.

They tend to keep the price lower for the south and the ghettos.

Wonder why that is.

"Cause they want to piss you off? LOL!

And you're saying the prices don't drift downward over a week/two week period? That the price swings really aren't real and that instead your prices are simply on a constant upward climb, .30 increase after .30 increase after .50 increase?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Sadly, they raised their prices this morning. Without photographic proof, I can't take your $50 in good faith. :)

However, I can tell you that as late as last night, both the Circle K at Washington and High School (the same station I previously reported raising their prices over 48 hours after everyone else prior to Labor Day weekend), and the Phillips 66 at Girls School and Morris were both at $3.41 a gallon.

Down here, you can generally fill up at the Thornton's on Washington, or either of the Walmart gas stations in Avon or Plainfield later than other stations and not have to pay the post-price hike premium, no rewards cards or points needed. Some of the other W Washington Street stations not named Speedway outside the loop can also be caught later than other stations, but ymmv. They are pretty inconsistent on late they raise their prices, while Thorntons and Walmart (and now apparently Circle K) are pretty consistently the last ones.

Now if you need anything in Zionsville today, it looks like you can still get gas for $3.39 at Meijer. :)

Very good reporting of the area not like IndyColtAsshole.
Nice to have a local back me up. :thumbsup:
You certainly get around the west side of Indy from south to North.
Fedex driver or something? That new Fedex Distribution hub is near that new Meijer.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
"Cause they want to piss you off? LOL!

And you're saying the prices don't drift downward over a week/two week period? That the price swings really aren't real and that instead your prices are simply on a constant upward climb, .30 increase after .30 increase after .50 increase?

If you want to call a whopping 3 cent drop 30 cents go ahead.

Friday a couple of stations dropped a penny.

Last night a couple of more.

Whooo hooo, according to you they are now real cheap. :rolleyes:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
The Oil Thugs are starting to stow away oil again.

9-8-2014

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-u...-211926640.html;_ylt=AwrSbDZvjA5U1SMAscZXNyoA

With oil under $100, China trader books world's largest ship to store crude

A Chinese trading firm has booked the world's largest super-tanker to store crude at sea, adding to a growing flotilla of vessels used for floating storage as benchmark oil prices slip below $100 a barrel.

The booking is the latest sign that soaring oil supplies and tumbling prices are prompting traders to store crude in volumes not seen since the financial crisis more than five years ago. Analysts estimate more than 50 million barrels of oil may already be placed in storage.

STORAGE PLAY

Storing crude has reemerged as a trading play due to a significant shift in the oil market in the last few months. As weak demand and strong supplies have weighed on prices for delivery in the near future, contracts for later delivery have risen to a premium.

This market structure, known in the industry as contango, allows traders to lock-in profit by buying oil now and selling it forward for later delivery, as long as the costs of storage are low enough.

Since late July shipping fixtures show that oil traders, including international majors like BP, Chevron and independent Swiss-based commodity traders like Mercuria, have been moving oil into a storage site in South Africa or into tankers off Asia.

In 2009 as many as 200 million barrels of oil were put into storage as demand collapsed during the recession.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Very good reporting of the area not like IndyColtAsshole.

Off your meds again? Sniffing too many fumes of your imaginary $4/gal gas?

Nice to have a local back me up. :thumbsup:
You certainly get around the west side of Indy from south to North.
Fedex driver or something? That new Fedex Distribution hub is near that new Meijer.
Gas was being reported under $3.50/gallon all over Indy today (looked at 8:15 AM; N, NE, NW and South). The closest stations to me are on an interstate and are obviously higher priced but have seen a five cent drop since Sunday, the last time I looked. I don't see you reporting these drops.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Gas was being reported under $3.50/gallon all over Indy today (looked at 8:15 AM; N, NE, NW and South). The closest stations to me are on an interstate and are obviously higher priced but have seen a five cent drop since Sunday, the last time I looked. I don't see you reporting these drops.

Don't you know, you're supposed to ignore the prices under $3.50/gal and concentrate on the prices over to $3.60/gal.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
If you want to call a whopping 3 cent drop 30 cents go ahead.

Friday a couple of stations dropped a penny.

Last night a couple of more.

Whooo hooo, according to you they are now real cheap. :rolleyes:

GasBuddy (which he hates unless it agrees with him) is showing a very heavy concentration along the northern side of the loop from I70 to I69 from $3.44-$3.49

On the west side of the city, it shows below $3.40

So you are down between $0.5 and $0.10 already in 2-3 days.

You have complained about 3-4 $0.30 increases; so how come the prices are still in the same range?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Awwww such a good little Oil Thug supporter you are.

Do they give you cookies and milk every night before you go to bed?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Awwww such a good little Oil Thug supporter you are.

Do they give you cookies and milk every night before you go to bed?

Since you are against high gas prices why is it that news about them getting lower seems to enrage you so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.