2013 Ford Fusion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PricklyPete, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

Looks good but the Hybrid's will only be made in Mexico....Booooooooo!

Would rather buy a Sonata (insert whatever car here) made in USA vs a Ford made in Mexico.

Too bad! :(

2. GoatMonkey

GoatMonkey Golden Member

I had a car that had just a regular sunroof with no shade. I can tell you that is a horrible way to go. I think any modern car has a sunshade that you can close, if it doesn't, don't buy it. I checked the Cadillac CTS at the car show, for example, it has a sunshade on the panoramic roof.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Lifer

Have you seen the gas prices lately?

4. Zenmervolt

Zenmervolt Supermoderator<br>The Garage<br>Elite member

It weighs in at 3,300 pounds. They can't have been too worried about saving weight.

ZV

5. PricklyPete

PricklyPete Lifer

That's too bad.

6. rcpratt

rcpratt Lifer

Saw a gorgeous blue one on the road today :wub:

Might have to reconsider my choice of black...

7. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

Specing out a hybrid version online. Wish I knew when the Energi versions would be out.

Anyone know where to look up info on the hybrid tech like how fast it can run on electric and how far?

#82 JTsyo, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  8. Pulsar

Pulsar Diamond Member

Isn't it interesting how people who would never buy the car use the oddest excuse to:

A. Not buy the car
    B. Try to make the company look bad

Yes, the hybrids aren't made here. They're made on the original assembly line in Mexico, because there isn't enough volume to justify moving it here.

ON the other hand, Ford has moved a very large chunk of the Fusion production back inside the US. They are also insourcing more, and have promised more small engine production to be started here too.

So if you want to buy a car 'made in the US', and you're going to use a small production volume hybrid as an example of why you aren't buying a Fusion, when in fact many of that model ARE made in the US... well... knock yourself out I suppose.

9. NAC

NAC Golden Member

It is a pretty good looking sedan. I'd have to see one in person next to an Optoma to decide which I like better. I do like the interior much better than other Fords.

BUT, I&#8217;m sure there won&#8217;t be a wagon version sold here, so this car ain&#8217;t for me.

10. RU482

RU482 Lifer

necro-post!!!!!!

11. anderbd

anderbd Member

Indeed, looks awesome! Wish it was entirely manufactured in the US though :-(

12. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

When do you expect reviews to be out? Dealer said they are expecting cars in the lot in about 2 weeks.

13. PhoKingGuy

PhoKingGuy Diamond Member

Dealer near me has two SE models already. Reviews are already out on some websites (autoblog/edmunds)

14. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

thanks for the heads up, wasn't there last week.

15. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

Still have yet to see one of these on the street.

16. PhoKingGuy

PhoKingGuy Diamond Member

I hadn't either, then I saw three of them today. Go figure.

All titanium models, thought that was interesting.

17. mb

mb Lifer

18. nerp

nerp Diamond Member

I feel like this design is suddenly going to be appearing on a Hyundai near you. Since everything they do is a rip off of someone else. . .

19. foghorn67

foghorn67 Lifer

20. Pulsar

Pulsar Diamond Member

Add in Kia. They're the same company.

Really, though, you see a ton of this everywhere. While the Koreans blatently do it, all the manufacturers do it if another manufacturer has a better styled vehicle.

Hell, look at Ford's new 'Escape'. It has Honda/Kia written all over it (and is just as hideous as those cars are).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#95 Pulsar, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  21. power_hour

power_hour Senior member

Ford Escape looks sweet. If I was in the market for one, that would be in my top 5 list. Only thing that bothers me about these Fords is they have horrible resale up here.

But this thread is about the Fusion and I still think its a great looker from the pics I have seen. Not sure about their new engine lineup but it sounds promising. I have yet to see one of these cars on the road. Not a single one. Weird.

22. KingstonU

KingstonU Golden Member

I much prefer the look of the 2011 Fusion, still nice but the 2011 really stood out. And the interior of this looks kinda blah. But the other aspects of it seem really appealing.

23. rcpratt

rcpratt Lifer

They're still trickling out slowly. As a daily commuter between downtown Detroit and the rich white suburbs, I start seeing the brand new company leases right away. I have seen, I believe, only four 2013 Fusions on the road so far. And by now I'm seeing four 2013 Escapes next to me on the road at any given time...I'm sure the Fusions will be like that in a month.

I'm not probably going to be holding off for at least a bit - the hybrid is only available in the SE model right now. Titanium hybrid becomes available in the spring...eying that one right now.

24. seepy83

seepy83 Platinum Member

It's about time for me to replace my car, and I just recently found out that I qualify for Ford x-plan pricing through my wife's employee benefit package. I drive past a dealer every day that has an AWD Titanium out on the front of its lot, and I'm very tempted to test drive it. But I'm torn between AWD or a Hybrid model. I know if I go on the lot without deciding between Titanium AWD or Hybrid first, I'll convince myself to get the Titanium. AWD is really nice for New England winters, but it makes much more sense economically to go with the hybrid (both in purchase price and fuel costs).

25. ElFenix

ElFenix Super Moderator and Elite Member
    Super Moderator

i've seen 1 fusion so far, white. looks bigger than i expected.