2013 Ford Fusion

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
A friend spoke with the Ford dealer, and apparently, Fusions don't have the shading at the top of the windshield because the engineers thought it didn't need one. They think the angle of it somehow means it doesn't... who thought angles could stop the flippin' sun! :mad:

So, I'm tempted to start a MyFord Touch Compendium thread. I've just found so many different little things about how it works, or rather... how it doesn't. :p

• If you are using a USB device, you cannot start the car immediately upon opening the door. I've found that delaying pressing the ignition button by the time it takes to sit and put on my seat belt is enough. If you do it too quickly, MFT will index the device.
  • MFT has issues when it comes to two songs with the same title. For example, I have the song Invincible by Muse and Two Steps from Hell. If I say, "Play Invincible", it will always choose Muse without any prompt. If I say, "Play the song Invincible by Two Steps from Hell" (it's also the name of the album, so I have to specify), it will accept the command, but nothing happens.
I've probably noticed a few other specific issues, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. The only other prevailing issue is that sometimes the unit is just so slow or is lagged. It's really bad when it says, "Please choose...", but it doesn't display the choices until way after MFT complains that I haven't made a choice (2+ minute delay).