2012 Steam Holiday Sale! DEAD!

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
im tempted for I AM ALIVE

any opinion?

I Am Alive can be super challenging and it has some issues, but it's a good looking game and I played through it and enjoyed myself. I recommend it with the caveat that it's not perfect by any stretch, is a fairly short experience, and falls apart pretty badlyat the end.

Having said that, it's definitely worth $5 IMO. I bought it on the PS3 when it came out there, then again on the PC because I liked enough to want to play through again.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
i have played a bit of first encounter, played several times 2nd encounter, played SS3 and i got the DLC this sale and i played a bit, and played serious sam 2 too

From the old games, 2nd encounter is the best one... GREAT GAME... the coop is super fun
and if you like crazy, bizarre things in your games, its great.
Like running a bit off the map to a spot with an armor. When you pick it up a message shows up "YOU FOUND A SECRET ARMOR" and as soon as you read that a rock comes down from the mountain and, if it is your first time getting it, crush you and take all your recently picked up armor. Or rooms with weird physics in witch the room spins, or everyone bounces. I loved it

SS3 its a bit more mature, but it still has lots of enemies, some big ones, crazy weapons and coop all the way from the start to the end and funny dialogues and parts. And the graphics are surprisingly good for such an "unknown" game

you can go bad... just buy it, i recommend it

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Serious Sam is a real man's game. You will grow hair on your chest.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Hey look! It's Bastion, Civ V, and Tropico 4 all on sale for the millionth time! Yay for variety!

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
There's only so many games to put on sale that people care about lol. Plus with the increased frequency in sales and the saturation of people's catalogue's it's bound to have less and less for most people each time.

I've bought lfewer and fewer games from each subsequent Steam sale, but I still enjoy them.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
There are a lot of games I'd love to go on a deeper discount. Some wont happen probably due to the publisher/dev but others would.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the Sam & Max Complete Pack and Back to the Future (I've been waiting for both of these). Also Fallout series hasn't been a deal yet which is odd. I'd love to See the Lost Planet games go on sale but Capcom is so damn weird, we might see a deal on them when the third comes out, I'd also like to get Settlers 7.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Hmmm, I'd forgotten about the Lost Planet Games...I want to play those but I've never seen them on deep discounts. $7.50 for the first one is not too shabby considering it's Capcom.

Also, I really want to get Quake 4 in Steam but there's no way I'm paying more than $5 for it.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i bought shogun 2 and fall of the samurai last night, and only shogun 2 shows up in my library list. does fall of the samurai show up as an option when launching shogun 2?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
i bought shogun 2 and fall of the samurai last night, and only shogun 2 shows up in my library list. does fall of the samurai show up as an option when launching shogun 2?

Fall of the Samurai is treated as DLC. It will be there when you launch it. You can right click on Shogun 2 and go to properties then click on the DLC tab and show FotS there along with any other DLC you own for the game.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Fall of the Samurai is treated as DLC. It will be there when you launch it. You can right click on Shogun 2 and go to properties then click on the DLC tab and show FotS there along with any other DLC you own for the game.

I was wondering how to find out what DLC I owned for a particular title in Steam. Thanks!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

ah ok thanks

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Is the SS3 DLC worth a damn, or should I just get the game itself?

KT