17th Folding@Home Holiday Race: The race is over and Mark's Marauders win.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Looking at my production it does not look like I will hit 4M PPD maybe half that. I went to the link https://folding.lar.systems/gpu_ppd/overall_ranks and looked around but all those numbers seem awfully high to what I am getting. Sorry maybe cut me to 2M PPD.
I'll keep an eye on your production over the next couple of days and make an adjustment to the teams if necessary. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Reactions: The Hive

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I'll keep an eye on your production over the next couple of days and make an adjustment to the teams if necessary. Thanks for the heads up! :)
Mine says 72m over the last 24 hr, Be prepared to lower mine ??

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Is there a way to monitor all your computer at once in f@h like BAM for boinc?
You can use FAHControl but you have to set up access to your remote computers.

Reactions: The Hive and Ken g6

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
I have diddled with my stuff as much as I'm going to, and fired up my main rigs @biodoc, there should be some real numbers for you to plug into the spreadsheet by tomorrow am.

Reactions: biodoc

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
We have a conflict with the first PrimeGrid challenge which apparently will be held January 22-25. I'm thinking we should consider ending the F@H holiday race on January 21, 12:00 UTC. This will allow people to run in both challenges if they desire to do so. It will also make it easier for me to keep the teams balanced in the F@H challenge. What do you think?

Reactions: crashtech and Pokey

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Windows mostly, a skooch more on Linux.
What's a skooch? lol, a Brit here ;)

We have a conflict with the first PrimeGrid challenge which apparently will be held January 22-25. I'm thinking we should consider ending the F@H holiday race on January 21, 12:00 UTC. This will allow people to run in both challenges if they desire to do so. It will also make it easier for me to keep the teams balanced in the F@H challenge. What do you think?
With the higher electricity costs this year (just over double!), that sounds fine to me.
Btw, I ran a couple of WUs yesterday, and got a ppd of about 3.5 mil and 3 mill.

Reactions: cellarnoise

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
Brief shout out to Tony: I trust you are still on the other side of the mountain somewhere, and well. Looks like we are on the same team this year.

Alright Moonshiners,…….. er ,
……. Moonshot’ers, let’s see what we can do.

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Brief shout out to Tony: I trust you are still on the other side of the mountain somewhere, and well. Looks like we are on the same team this year.

Alright Moonshiners,…….. er ,
……. Moonshot’ers, let’s see what we can do.

Ignore!!! Last? Idiot post of 2022! Maybe!

Last edited:

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
I'm bidding on 4090s!!! Everything I can find at $1,000 that seems like it might be legit! Just to help the cause!

So far nothing that seems legit 😕! ;)

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
The race has started! I collected "starting points" for each race participant at 12:00 UTC and will try to post stats every 12 hours.
So this started noon UTC, not midnight, right ? so we are 12 hours in ?