15th Annual Folding@Home Holiday Season Race: Mark's Marauders win!

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks for useful information. I want to put 7850k for the exact reason, but the number doesn't look really appealing from power consumption perspective.
No, it’s not energy efficient at all. I’m currently pulling about 300watts in that system - the cpu overclock to 4.5 ghz combined with the gpu overclock really helps the ppd. Without the overclock I wasn’t hitting WU expiry.

• Wow
Reactions: ao_ika_red

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Thanks for keeping up the stats, biodoc!

This one will be close right to the end it looks like.
How I wish folding is bunkerable so we can see Stefan exercising his dark magic.
And happy new year to @Kiska ! I'm less than 3 hours behind you.

Mike_F

Jan 27, 2020
Sorry Mauraders. My network broke a couple of days ago leaving me dead in the water not able to download or upload.
December has been rough--a trashed 2070 and now this. Someone pick up the slack!
And happy New Year to all.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
How I wish folding is bunkerable so we can see Stefan exercising his dark magic.
I was asleep at the wheel during some past days. Thanks for waking me up. :-) Although actual magic was impossible for me to implement, I did at least come up with a cheap trick.

production_day.png

The final race stats:
Thank you for organizing this race, and for tracking all the user stats day after day!

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
Awesome job everyone. Moonshot Gang, we could have been called the Magnificent Seven………… after all it was 7 vs 13.

Thanks to everyone who joined in. I know a lot of you are moving on to bigger and better things, so good luck. Hopefully we will all be around to do it again next year.

So, now I’m going to trim it back, put it on autopilot, and resume my regular napping schedule.

Thanks @biodoc for doing the stats.

Happy New Year!

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Thanks for your hard work keeping the stats throughout the race, biodoc, and apologies for my late start (I really need to set something in my calendar, as most of my DC efforts are fire and forget these days). Oh, and congrats to that *ahem* other team. :D

Happy much-needed new year to all!

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Is it over? What a race! I believe if I was put into Moonshot, this race would be nail-biting until last second.
Anyway... I enjoyed it very much and thankfully the weather and fragile power line are quite cooperative.

Here's for MUCH BETTER new year! :beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug: