100,000 miles for AT

Page 240 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
+7.22 miles. Was 77 degrees with 90% humidity. So humid in fact I had to stop 3 times to clean my glasses off because they kept fogging over.

RedFiveSW

Jul 24, 2009
Rain last night after the monsoon passed. Not as humid as 90%, but more than I am used to living in the desert.

+ 7 over the last two runs

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
5.4 miles, was supposed to be a shakeout run from yesterday's efforts, but I was able to keep a really good (for me) pace. I'm very pleased with where my running fitness is right now.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
14.1 miles on a trail called the Crooked Lake/Potawatomi trail. Longest run I've ever done. Just so happens most of this trail is used for an ultra I want to run next year. Fairly technical for a Michigan trail, lots of roots, sand, coarse gravel, loose rock and poor footing. Few of the hills are more like small cliffs, too steep to run gotta walk/use your hands. The humidity was again awful. I ran it like an ultra as well and kept my pace where I'd want it for a 50 mile run...2hr 37 minutes was my finishing time.

Lessons learned was basically that I need to carry a small jar of vaseline cuz I ended up chapped betweem the legs and had a hot spot on my right foot.

Last edited:

drteming

May 9, 2005
Involuntary one week off due to getting slammed at work. Finally off-call today. 6.2 miles in 94% humidity. Felt like I was swimming :p

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
+7
+8
+14
+6

Congrats to Trauma on hitting a new PR distance. I remember the first time I did double digits (10 miles). I thought it was such a big deal, and now I try to do 10+ every week! :) It's amazing how one's perspective changes over time.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
+7
+8
+14
+6

Congrats to Trauma on hitting a new PR distance. I remember the first time I did double digits (10 miles). I thought it was such a big deal, and now I try to do 10+ every week! :) It's amazing how one's perspective changes over time.

Thanks.

Just for a little perspective for you Jan 4th of this year is when I started running. Could barely do a half mile on a track before I was too winded. Almost exactly 9 months later I can do a 14 mile training run on a moderately technical hilly trail and basically only walk the uphills and not only that but negative split the last 3 miles (29:41) vs first 3 miles (31:23)

I'm loving the fact that I continue to push myself to do things I never thought I could. It is a great personal feeling.

Last edited:

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Thanks.

Just for a little perspective for you Jan 4th of this year is when I started running. Could barely do a half mile on a track before I was too winded. Almost exactly 9 months later I can do a 14 mile training run on a moderately technical hilly trail and basically only walk the uphills and not only that but negative split the last 3 miles (29:41) vs first 3 miles (31:23)

I'm loving the fact that I continue to push myself to do things I never thought I could. It is a great personal feeling.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great to hear stories like that. About 2 years ago, when I started running more seriously, in large part to do something about my weight, I NEVER would've guessed I'd do the times or distances I'm capable of now.

Keep chasing amazing. You have no idea how far you can go.