100,000 miles for AT

Page 172 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

neocpp

Jan 16, 2011
13.1. Missed my goal by 21 seconds. Did a 1:38:36. Dang it!. Personal best, though.

1:38:15 - Strange time to shoot for... backstory? Is it just because you wanted to average 7:30? good job on the PR though.

+8

drteming

May 9, 2005
1:38:15 - Strange time to shoot for... backstory? Is it just because you wanted to average 7:30? good job on the PR though

Yea, I wanted to average 7:30. I usually keep track of my pace with my Garmin watch. I charged it up the night before, and at 5am right before I left for the race, I switched on the watch and it beeped low battery! I ran with my old Timex, but I did the math wrong in my head. By the time I realized that I was behind, I wasn't able to make up the time.

The Garmin watch charges fine with the wall plug, but I charged it on a USB port on my computer. There are reports of the watch draining the battery if charged via a computer. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Hi everyone, I'm back. Logged my first miles here in Orlando tonight whilst wearing my new NB890s. Love the shoes.

neocpp

Jan 16, 2011
Yea, I wanted to average 7:30. I usually keep track of my pace with my Garmin watch. I charged it up the night before, and at 5am right before I left for the race, I switched on the watch and it beeped low battery! I ran with my old Timex, but I did the math wrong in my head. By the time I realized that I was behind, I wasn't able to make up the time.

The Garmin watch charges fine with the wall plug, but I charged it on a USB port on my computer. There are reports of the watch draining the battery if charged via a computer. Lesson learned.

Sounds like you'll definitely crush it next time then. I actually don't like racing with a watch because then I feel pressured to hit certain split times and panic a bit if I'm off. But I do like seeing the time at the finish so I can see how I did before getting the official results.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
+ 129 including a nice new 5-mile PR of 27:16. Still not in sub-16:00 5K shape but I feel like I'm close! Just need a few more solid weeks of training!