10-16-08 'Joe the Plumber' does not have plumbing license

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: Corbett
Haven't you learned yet? If you are against Obama, you are obviously in the pocket of McCain!

Same goes for Bush. Once against Bush, you guys completely lump someone as against the Republican party. I've saw if for the last 5.5 years and you know it.

No, no, no. This is different. Now we're talking about Democrats. You obviously can't apply the same standards.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: bamacre
... and then doesn't play by the rules and regulations, just like his big brothers on Wall Street.

Yup, rules and regulations in place to keep the little guy from competing with the big guys, who can more easily afford to follow the rules and regulations.

Unions ;)

He is not a union plumber...

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I don't rely on the fucking government

Maybe people shouldn't rely on the gov't.

Yep, that's about the level of discourse we're at here. Hey CAD, you don't you tell us about your $400,000 income, your supermodel wife, and how you did it all by yourself. Then you can call us all pussies and claim you can kick our asses.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dartworth
... and then doesn't play by the rules and regulations, just like his big brothers on Wall Street.

Yup, rules and regulations in place to keep the little guy from competing with the big guys, who can more easily afford to follow the rules and regulations.

Unions ;)

I know. I was commenting on bamacre's post about competition and the big boys locking out the little guy. It's exactly what Unions do - lock out the little guy by getting places to put lofty regulations in place so only the Union places can qualify. It happens in business as well(if a Union supporter gets to write the spec).

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Blackjack200
I don't rely on the fucking government

Maybe people shouldn't rely on the gov't.

Yep, that's about the level of discourse we're at here. Hey CAD, you don't you tell us about your $400,000 income, your supermodel wife, and how you did it all by yourself. Then you can call us all pussies and claim you can kick our asses.

lol, this isn't OT or L&R

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Pure douchebag.

His feeble analysis of Obama's tax plan makes me want to facepalm him back to grade school.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

Unions ;)

I know. I was commenting on bamacre's post about competition and the big boys locking out the little guy. It's exactly what Unions do - lock out the little guy by getting places to put lofty regulations in place so only the Union places can qualify. It happens in business as well(if a Union supporter gets to write the spec).

In the construction industry, large commercial and industrial, most of the "regulations" are in place for safety and quality.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Unions ;)

In the construction industry, large commercial and industrial, most of the "regulations" are in place for safety and quality.

:laugh: yeah... I know.... that's what it's been sold as(while some of it is true - not all is needed). Can I ask what you do? I am an automation engineer and we work in all sorts of industries and work with all types of contractors and bid specs. It's surprising to see how certain projects for the same end use(end customer) have different regulations/specs based on who the person who wrote the spec is(whether they are a union supporter or not).
Municipal work is some of the worst however...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Pure douchebag.

His feeble analysis of Obama's tax plan makes me want to facepalm him back to grade school.

Your feeble analysis of the clip should make you want to facepalm yourself back to grade school.

You have anything specific to discuss about what he said?

Someone quick, call Obama to interview CAD.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Pure douchebag.

Your feeble analysis of the clip should make you want to facepalm yourself back to grade school.

You have anything specific to discuss about what he said?

Someone quick, call Obama to interview CAD.

I'm not sure he'd do that, just like he wouldn't have talked to this guy if he'd known his views on taxation.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

:laugh: yeah... I know.... that's what it's been sold as(while some of it is true - not all is needed). Can I ask what you do? I am an automation engineer and we work in all sorts of industries and work with all types of contractors and bid specs. It's surprising to see how certain projects for the same end use(end customer) have different regulations/specs based on who the person who wrote the spec is(whether they are a union supporter or not).

I am a union pipefttier and a member of the United Association

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

figures...

I'll save you my rant about my latest run in with pipefitters... But... there are 3 types of people in the "West". Union believers, Union haters, and those who haven't yet dealt with them. Basically it's very difficult for anyone who has been in one or had to work with one to not be one way or the other. I personally would rather have a non-union tradesman on my projects. They tend to listen to instructions better, get the job done faster, and will actually ask to make sure they got everything done and done right.
...just my experience.

/ tangent...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Perknose
He "burns" my ass just like any other redistributionist does, however the reason I use "messiah" is because he has a cult following who will attempt to destroy anyone who dares question him.

The only wild-eyed, frothing at the mouth "cultist" here is you, CAD, and your "Fear and Smear De Magick Neeeegro" cult of the angry loser.

lol, the only ones who are angry losers are you people who have been raging the last 8 years. How dare anyone question 'The One'..... must be a plant... lets dig dig dig into his background while ignoring BHO's (you know -the actual Presidential candidate) background and history....

Meh.... follow like good little sheep if you must...

Meh, the sheep is you.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: owensdj
Sometimes I wonder if "Joe the Plumber" wasn't a plant in Obama's audience by the McCain campaign designed to give McCain some talking points in the debate?

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :p

;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: fallout man

lol, the only ones who are angry losers are you people who have been raging the last 8 years. How dare anyone question 'The One'..... must be a plant... lets dig dig dig into his background while ignoring BHO's (you know -the actual Presidential candidate) background and history....

McCain's the one who made an issue of him you hack. Why not try to explain why McCain thinks a man that would pay less taxes under Obama is a useful metaphor for McCain's tax plan?

Seriously. CADsortaBOY, take a step back. What are you trying to prove? People here have made up their minds already, and you're not witty enough to provide a stump-speech to turn them around.

Let us know how you really feel. No one but Butterbean buys your conspiracy-theory distraction shit at this point. Just let it out, man. It will be healthy for you.

Why are you still rooting for the elephant?

Hey look, it's another liar... go figure.

Please show me where I am supporting the elephant on the national ticket?

F'n moron apologists.

Originally posted by: Robor
:roll: Nothing but more lies. When are you people going to stop with the continued lies? I've posted time and time again yet you morons keep trying to claim I've voting for McCain/Republican party. You types obviously have your BHO blinders on a bit too tight...

Lies? Here's a mirror CAD. You claim you don't have a horse in this race yet you wallow through every anti-Obama thread adding fuel to the fire and divert in any thread that's anti-McCain. This is just one of many examples. In short, you're FOS.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

figures...

I'll save you my rant about my latest run in with pipefitters... But... there are 3 types of people in the "West". Union believers, Union haters, and those who haven't yet dealt with them. Basically it's very difficult for anyone who has been in one or had to work with one to not be one way or the other. I personally would rather have a non-union tradesman on my projects. They tend to listen to instructions better, get the job done faster, and will actually ask to make sure they got everything done and done right.
...just my experience.

/ tangent...

Not sure what you meant by "figures"...but thanks for sharing your experience.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

lol, the only ones who are angry losers are you people who have been raging the last 8 years.

The whole US lost for the last 8 years. Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

I haven't lost. Maybe I'm just part of the rational and realistic crowd that has actually worked on improving my own situation instead of relying on the gov't.... ;)

JFC you can be an elitist tool. I've been laid off 2x in the last 4 years and haven't taken a penny of unemployment. Be thankful you never had to worry where your next mortgage payment was coming from.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
Obama said that under his proposal taxes on any revenue from $250,000 on down would stay the same, but that amounts above that level would be subject to a 39 percent tax, instead of the current 36 percent rate.
Aren't ALL businesses taxed on profits and not revenue? Some clarification would be nice.

zOMG, 3% more?!? What a communist! :|

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

figures...

...just my experience.

/ tangent...

Not sure what you meant by "figures"...but thanks for sharing your experience.

Union members tend to believe in the "safety and quality" argument you used. That's why I said "figures".

/ renewed tangent

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

lol, the only ones who are angry losers are you people who have been raging the last 8 years.

The whole US lost for the last 8 years. Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

I haven't lost. Maybe I'm just part of the rational and realistic crowd that has actually worked on improving my own situation instead of relying on the gov't.... ;)

JFC you can be an elitist tool. I've been laid off 2x in the last 4 years and haven't taken a penny of unemployment. Be thankful you never had to worry where your next mortgage payment was coming from.

:roll:

good for you, but what does that have to do with blaming the gov't/bush? You being laid off 2x is Bush's fault(per engineer's 8years comment)?

If wanting people to take responsibility for their own situations is "elitist" then I guess I am guilty...

Oh, and btw, I have worried about my next mortgage payment/rent payment before. It was back when I just LET things happen to me and thought things happened to me. Luckily, I broke free from that BS way of thinking...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: her209
Obama said that under his proposal taxes on any revenue from $250,000 on down would stay the same, but that amounts above that level would be subject to a 39 percent tax, instead of the current 36 percent rate.
Aren't ALL businesses taxed on profits and not revenue? Some clarification would be nice.

zOMG, 3% more?!? What a communist! :|

Principles matter.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: fallout man

McCain's the one who made an issue of him you hack. Why not try to explain why McCain thinks a man that would pay less taxes under Obama is a useful metaphor for McCain's tax plan?

Seriously. CADsortaBOY, take a step back. What are you trying to prove? People here have made up their minds already, and you're not witty enough to provide a stump-speech to turn them around.

Let us know how you really feel. No one but Butterbean buys your conspiracy-theory distraction shit at this point. Just let it out, man. It will be healthy for you.

Why are you still rooting for the elephant?

Hey look, it's another liar... go figure.

Please show me where I am supporting the elephant on the national ticket?

F'n moron apologists.

:roll: Nothing but more lies. When are you people going to stop with the continued lies? I've posted time and time again yet you morons keep trying to claim I've voting for McCain/Republican party. You types obviously have your BHO blinders on a bit too tight...

Lies? Here's a mirror CAD. You claim you don't have a horse in this race yet you wallow through every anti-Obama thread adding fuel to the fire and divert in any thread that's anti-McCain. This is just one of many examples. In short, you're FOS.

Yep, lies. I am not and will not support McCain. Got it yet?

Again, for the moron BHO apologists - just because someone doesn't like BHO and what he stands for does not mean they are instantly for McCain. Sheesh... loosen your blinders already.