10,000 Cops to guard President Bush in Israel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Scouzer
Originally posted by: MrWizzard
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: mugs
That's about 1/4 of the NYPD - but the NYPD doesn't have to have a 100% success rate. ;)

wow, really? there are only 64,000 police officers in CANADA... talk about priorities!

Seriously.. maybe if they had more police they wouldn't need free health care!

Check our crime rate before you think that ;) much, much lower than yours.

That's because when there is a crime there is no police around to report it to. ;) Just cause it's not documented does not mean it didn't happen.

Canadians tend to trust the police quite a bit. I'd say the vast, vast majority of crimes are reported.

And most of the smaller ones that a cop should report aren't reported.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: narcotic
Originally posted by: Aharami
thats crazy. you know you're hated when you need that many cops to protect you

People outside of the U.S who would like to harm Bush don't really care for him as GWB, they hate him for being the president of what they see as their biggest enemy, and it could've been anyone else for that matter.
These very same people also hate Israel, and to manage harming a US president on Israeli soil is like Bin-Laden's wet dream, he gets a hardon just from the thought of what the consequences for that could be. This is why the Israelis go insane with this security operation spending millions on it and practically sealing off any country region GWB might be near, not because people at home don't like Bush...

This sounds right. It's what Bush stands for (as U.S. President - America; as G.W.B. - his dismantling of terrorist operations) rather than just his person that calls for such drastic security measures. Couple those things with the fact that he will be in Israel, the most hated nation by Muslims countries, and there is definitely a threat to the highest ranking official in U.S. government.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

People outside of the U.S who would like to harm Bush don't really care for him as GWB, they hate him for being the president of what they see as their biggest enemy, and it could've been anyone else for that matter.

This may be true for some of them, but there is VASTLY more hate for GWB than there has been for former US presidents. Other presidents may have been disliked overseas, but there wasn't nearly as much outright hatred.

Also note that before, it seemed that most people would say things like "The US" was bombing Serbia, "the US" was fighting all sorts of dirty wars in Latin America...now it's more "Bush" is invading Iraq, "Bush" isn't signing Kyoto...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
God, I pray that nothing happens to Bush...that would leave Dick Cheney in power! :shocked:
Not that it would be any diiferent, he's probably the one calling the shots anyway.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
<Faux News>
President's Bush visit to Israel was a resounding success, and it shows that we have won the war on terror as ten thousand supporters...
</Faux News>

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006

No, you know you're going to a barbaric and crazy ass area in the world that has met an enemy that will not buckle to its terror, and feels the pangs of wrath and envy.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: TehMac

No, you know you're going to a barbaric and crazy ass area in the world that has met an enemy that will not buckle to its terror, and feels the pangs of wrath and envy.

lol, hey there Mr. President!

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: jagec

This may be true for some of them, but there is VASTLY more hate for GWB than there has been for former US presidents. Other presidents may have been disliked overseas, but there wasn't nearly as much outright hatred.

Also note that before, it seemed that most people would say things like "The US" was bombing Serbia, "the US" was fighting all sorts of dirty wars in Latin America...now it's more "Bush" is invading Iraq, "Bush" isn't signing Kyoto...

I can agree with this. With you guys as our neighbours, you of course do stuff that piss us off. In the past it used be "damn Americans" or something to that effect. Now adays, it's more like "fucking moron Bush" or "typical Bush" or something to that effect.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: JC86
Originally posted by: oogabooga
Originally posted by: jjsole
They seem to care about him a helluva lot more than we do. :D

:D :thumbsup: haha

Like him or not, he's still our president/commander in chief and I seriously doubt any real american would want him dead.

Regardless of whatever your position on any political figures/issue I think anyone would be able to identify a joke and well... laugh if they thought it's funny?

Also, I believe there at any time for any President there is a group of so-called 'real Americans' who would want a president dead. I am not one of them at any time and you know nothing of my opinion of Bush.

NoShangriLa

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2006
That's about 1/4 of the NYPD - but the NYPD doesn't have to have a 100% success rate. ;)

wow, really? there are only 64,000 police officers in CANADA... talk about priorities!
Would it make you more pleased if Canada have much greater police force to monitor our citizens like they way Germany did with their Nazi police & SS force?

Wouldn't it be better that they meet some where that is more friendly to the US?

[add] Oops! my bad didn't realize it was sarcasm.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah, Israel is pretty ruthless. But GWB hasn't exactly been standing up to them.:confused:

Originally posted by: NoShangriLa

Would it make you more pleased if Canada have much greater police force to monitor our citizens like they way Germany did with their Nazi police & SS force?

OMGWTFGodwin!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: SSSnail
<Faux News>
President's Bush visit to Israel was a resounding success, and it shows that we have won the war on terror as ten thousand supporters...
</Faux News>

:laugh:

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: jagec

Yeah, Israel is pretty ruthless. But GWB hasn't exactly been standing up to them.:confused:

I said area...you know, the Middle East, it tends to be an area. ;)

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
For the amount of money we've given Isreal, it's the least they could do.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
That's 1 cop for every 10,000 people who hate the man, in that respect the security force seems lax.
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
If he somehow got assassinated, it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the same cops hired to guard him that did it. :shocked:
That was my thinking, too.

"First recruitment question: Are you applying to guard President Bush so that you can kill him? Yes/No."

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000

The population of the tri-state area is GREATER than Canada's. MILLIONS of people to go NY every day to work.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
why the hell are american flags going up? this is insane...no wonder they need so many cops, look what he/we are doing. i would be pissed off if some jackass came to america and started hanging up iraqi flags and washing my walls. bitch, stay out of my country and my problems.

personally, i wouldn't be surprised if a big ass plane flies right up his ass.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: JC86
Originally posted by: oogabooga
Originally posted by: jjsole
They seem to care about him a helluva lot more than we do. :D

:D :thumbsup: haha

Like him or not, he's still our president/commander in chief and I seriously doubt any real american would want him dead.

Exactly. As much as I don't care for the guy when it comes to some of his politicking I still don't wish death on him. For now, he's a symbol of our country. That's gonna change soon enough, so let's not wish for it prematurely and in a manner that would raise a ruckus here at home.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Journer
why the hell are american flags going up? this is insane...no wonder they need so many cops, look what he/we are doing. i would be pissed off if some jackass came to america and started hanging up iraqi flags and washing my walls. bitch, stay out of my country and my problems.

I'd be pissed if Mexican flags were going up in our country. If they did, we could hire ex-vets to tear them down and then whine about freedom of expression!

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jeff7
That's 1 cop for every 10,000 people who hate the man, in that respect the security force seems lax.
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
If he somehow got assassinated, it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the same cops hired to guard him that did it. :shocked:
That was my thinking, too.

"First recruitment question: Are you applying to guard President Bush so that you can kill him? Yes/No."

As much as I don't like him, I wouldn't want to see him get Bhutto'd.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Perhaps you don't understand what a union is. They WANT us there. Big difference.

NoShangriLa

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2006
Originally posted by: spidey07

Perhaps you don't understand what a union is. They WANT us there. Big difference.
Yup, and to give them more money.
And, to buy more votes for the republican.