#1 pick Greg Oden out for the season

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery.

There are no guarantees with microfracture surgery so this statement is relatively useless at this point. Even stoudemire is projected to need another one in a few years.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Durant was a better choice. He has more drive/determination to be an all star. I read an article in ESPN Mag that had them each writing a paragraph about looking forward to the NBA (can't remember exact topic).

Anyways, Durant was all about his conditioning, how he wanted to make it since age 9, wants the ball in his hands, wants to be able to take on the best. Oden said basketball wasn't everything, that he wanted to come in and be the role player the team needed, and that he needed to be more aggressive.

If I were a GM I wouldn't pick a guy who had all the talent to be a monster but none of the drive, even if good centers come once in a blue moon. Gimme the 6'9" kid who wants it as bad as LeBron.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Imagine if he stayed in college. Let this be a lesson to all the young kids, staying in school is for losers!

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Durant is just pure talent. Watching him play in the Team USA scrimmage told me all I needed to know about the kid.

Feb 6, 2007
We (Portland) sure know how to pick em... Pretty sure if you ever find yourself the GM of the Trailblazers, you should always do the opposite of whatever your gut instinct is (Sam Bowie is going to be a SUPERSTAR!).

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Syringer
Imagine if he stayed in college. Let this be a lesson to all the young kids, staying in school is for losers!

This is a lesson Homer would teach Bart.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
:laugh:

Everyone was on the Oden bandwagon a few months ago. Now that he's out for the season, the Blazers should have gone with Durant.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
BAHAHAHA....bahahahahahaha. Now all the Durant fans in Portland can go "told ya so". Oh man. Why oh why did Portland go for the blue pill?

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
My friend just got a call from the Blazers to pay his deposit for season tickets on Wednesday... The news about Oden broke on Thursday...

He called back after hearing the news, and got the "Sorry all deposits are non-refundable, your tickets are on the way."

I wonder if they knew about the impending surgery and called up people that signed up for season tickets but had yet to pay the deposit?