Rant The unfortunately necessary RFK Jr. thread

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

RFK might be nuttier than an entire Planters Peanuts factory if he thinks he really has a shot -- is he truly that naive, or, is he in reality working on behalf of the Republicans.
It's either both or just the second one, but it's going to backfire because these days, if you are above room temperature IQ, you are voting straight D ticket unless you already hate Democrats to your core. If you hate Democrats and there is no third party, you'll rationalize why you have to vote for Trump come election day even if you hate him, because you know deep down you can never vote for a Democrat. At least Trump doesn't eat babies like every single Democrat does.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
People were wondering whether RFK would siphon Biden or Trump supporters. Well, look at the VP. There you go, it's official. Nicole will hardly resonate with anyone throughout the midwest and south. It's almost as if RFK is intentionally trying to torpedo Biden.

I've been open about my support for a Manchin presidency even though everyone thinks I'm insane, but at least Manchin had the good sense to ultimately be like naw bro if I don't have a legit chance then fuck it.

RFK might be nuttier than an entire Planters Peanuts factory if he thinks he really has a shot -- is he truly that naive, or, is he in reality working on behalf of the Republicans.

The VP pick is/was more about $$$. She funded his super bowl commercial, and is likely paying the steep fees to get him on the ballot in various states.

Also, Manchin makes a box of hammers look like a Rhodes Scholar. He's just north of Tuberville's IQ if he's lucky.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
The VP pick is/was more about $$$. She funded his super bowl commercial, and is likely paying the steep fees to get him on the ballot in various states.

Also, Manchin makes a box of hammers look like a Rhodes Scholar. He's just north of Tuberville's IQ if he's lucky.
At first I was wondering why he picked her, beyond the $$$'s, her causes seemed fairly normal, at least by the superficial description. But during her speech at the VP announcement, she was talking about how many of illnesses that people suffer today are caused by a cabal (my word) of large corporations and the government working together. She didn't mention vaccines specifically (if you notice RFK Jr doesn't either now that he started his presidential run) but she did bring up autism.

Another example of how money doesn't make you immune from the cray-cray. It just makes it worse.

*edit for typo

Last edited:
Reactions: GodisanAtheist

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
For an example of the difference between RFK and RFK, Jr. below is a link to an impromptu speech RFK gave on the night of Martin Luther King's killing. RFK was scheduled for a campaign rally in Indianapolis. Instead and over the strenously objections of police and his staff, he went to the inner city of Indianapolis and gave this statement. Those of you who were around then will remember that nearly every city in the US erupted in rioting that night. Indianapolis did not.

When posting in this thread please be sure to refer to RFK, Jr as such rather than inadvertently slandering RFK.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hopefully so. I think his run overall is actually was a plan to suck Democrat votes, as is No Labels. It remains to be seen where the anti-vax loon vote ends up, might split down the middle.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
For an example of the difference between RFK and RFK, Jr. below is a link to an impromptu speech RFK gave on the night of Martin Luther King's killing. RFK was scheduled for a campaign rally in Indianapolis. Instead and over the strenously objections of police and his staff, he went to the inner city of Indianapolis and gave this statement. Those of you who were around then will remember that nearly every city in the US erupted in rioting that night. Indianapolis did not.

When posting in this thread please be sure to refer to RFK, Jr as such rather than inadvertently slandering RFK.

- Holy shit they really don't make em like they used to...

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005

I think he would have been a good president and this speech and his insistence on giving it is an example of why.

Boston was able to avoid most of the rioting and problems the night after MLK died thanks to a performance by James Brown, a short but meaningful speech by Mayor Kevin White, the willingness and quick work of WGBH, and the negotiating skills of a young councilman named Tom Atkins.

The broadcast of Brown’s concert had the exact effect it was intended to, as Boston saw less crime that night than would be expected on a perfectly normal Friday in April.

Kevin White's speech:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Who knows? I'll venture why I think he might have been. He would have tried to get us out of 'Nam far earlier. Late in the game, he got religion at the plight of the very poorest of black folk.

I credit him and his brother with getting us through the Cuban missile crisis.

He was always passionate and dogged about whatever he did, from HUAC (oops!) through being the Atty General. I think his heart was in the right place more than JFK's was, so, with Dem majorities still then in both houses, he would have been at the very least as good or better a President than any other pol with a credible shot at the nomination in '68.
GF told me maybe a couple months before RFK was shot dead, "they're gonna kill him too." Yep.

Reactions: Perknose

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
GF told me maybe a couple months before RFK was shot dead, "they're gonna kill him too." Yep.

Who Killed Bobby?: The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy Hardcover – June 3, 2008​

by Shane O'Sullivan (Author)

A favorite reader review at Amazon (25 recommendation clicks):

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet a second decidedly "magic" bullet kills a Kennedy while the police & CIA provide the coverup
Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2017
Verified Purchase
Oddly, I had studied the assassinations of both JFK and MLK in much more detail than Bobby's prior to this book, somehow ignoring the option to take another look at what we know. I was 16 years old when Bobby was killed and remember the sense of despair I felt as his death was added to those of JFK, Malcolm and MLK. This book brought back memories of how TV reports at the time involved convoluted attempts to show how Bobby must have completed some kind of pirouette to allow his assassin to shoot him in the back of the head, while standing "in front of him." Of course what those TV reports omitted was that the kill shot was delivered from 1 to 1 1/2 INCHES from Bobby's head, an impossible shot for Shirhan to complete according to ALL witnesses. This book is a worthwhile addition to the ever increasing library of investigative histories that show official government involvement in the assassinations and their coverups of the entire elite level of progressive leadership in the U.S. within a five year period in the 1960's. For anyone who is only recently contemplating whether our nation might just now be moving "toward fascism" this book should offer a bit of a reality check on that timeline. Other books worth reading are "JFK and the Unspeakable: why he died and why it matters," and "The Plot to Kill King: The Truth Behind the Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr." Many courageous people have devoted their lives to investigate and help us understand these assassinations. The least any American citizen can do is to read & educate themselves, and to contemplate the ramifications of what we now know about these very public murders of our last truly progressive leaders.

Last edited:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Who Killed Bobby?: The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy Hardcover – June 3, 2008​

by Shane O'Sullivan (Author)

""O'Sullivan tries and succeeds in informing us about the failure of law enforcement in solving this crime, due to destruction of crucial evidence and prematurely ending the investigation."

I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist, but I've always had severe questions regarding RFK's assassination.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Fucking hilarious listening to Hannity trying to talk his viewers to not vote for RFK jr

With enemies like Hannity, who needs friends? or something like that...

Hannity: “NO, you’re OUR crazies, don’t listen to RFK! Wait, that came out wrong, let me rephrase, uh, just because we say the same thing doesn’t mean he’s one of us, he’s just a lunatic, oh wait, that doesn’t work either. Ummm. He doesn’t believe in Trump, and we all believe in Trump, RIGHT?, oh shit! he just said Biden is worse than Trump, what’s left… um… He’s coming for your guns, like all the liberals (gets handed paper) HE SAID THAT GUN CONTROL CANNOT MEANINGFULLY REDUCE GUN VIOLENCE? WAS THIS GUY WAS ALWAYS A SECRET REPUBLICAN ?!!??! Screw this, I’m out!”

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
RFK’s called the Jan6 people "activists" Now his campaign has walked back calling the Jan 6th folks “activists.”

Now he is walking back the walkback....

So much walking back! He’s sure to get his 15K steps today! It seems evident he’s not in charge of his campaign. So who is?

“I have not examined the evidence in detail,” Kennedy said in his Friday statement...

Translation - “I am just talking out of my ass based on nothing”

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Oh, and now RFK jr is repeating Russian propaganda in declaring that there is no war in Ukraine and Putin is just trying to get rid of the Nazis.

I'm now wondering What’s the actual difference between RFK Jr. and Trump?

1. He "probably" still cares about the environment more than Trump.
2. RFK jr. has bigger hands. All the more useful for collecting all that grift.

• Wow
Reactions: Thump553

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Oh, and now RFK jr is repeating Russian propaganda in declaring that there is no war in Ukraine and Putin is just trying to get rid of the Nazis.

I'm now wondering What’s the actual difference between RFK Jr. and Trump?

1. He "probably" still cares about the environment more than Trump.
2. RFK jr. has bigger hands. All the more useful for collecting all that grift.
RFK jr. supports a woman's right to choose, sometimes, maybe, if its convenient. (He previously supported a 15 week ban). Although he sounds almost as confused on the subject as the proud "I did that" Roe-killing Trump, that now refuses to mention abortion, while planning to ban it nationally.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
RFK jr. supports a woman's right to choose, sometimes, maybe, if its convenient. (He previously supported a 15 week ban). Although he sounds almost as confused on the subject as the proud "I did that" Roe-killing Trump, that now refuses to mention abortion, while planning to ban it nationally.
Trump is for doing anything, ANYTHING, ANYTHING, that will get him elected. It's his only hope. He's the most desperate presidential candidate ever.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It's funny because antivaxxers used to be split between right wing religious nuts and left leaning I only eat organic types but thankfully Trump has mostly made antivax conspiracy theories a rightwing ideology. One of the few good things he has done showing how retarded antivaxx skepticism is by embracing it.

I think the "liberal" organic-food, new-agey types have _always_ been latently right-wing. I've always thought that. Never trust a hippy. The actual historical Nazis, for example, were full of such cranks.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump is for doing anything, ANYTHING, ANYTHING, that will get him elected. It's his only hope. He's the most desperate presidential candidate ever.
Exactly - Trump couldn't care less about abortion policy. He has no fixed principles outside of his own personal interest and maybe racism (he really does seem to be a committed, lifelong racist).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I think the "liberal" organic-food, new-agey types have _always_ been latently right-wing. I've always thought that. Never trust a hippy. The actual historical Nazis, for example, were full of such cranks.
I bet half a good chunk of Trump voters and crazy cons were hippies. Remember, don't trust the government was high on the list. I know of a couple ex-junkies in the heart of the culture that found god and you know with the whole ball of wax. Some people could never handle edge city.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I think there is some level of "horseshoe theory" going on with the RFK Jr wing-nuttery. His loudest/latest bits (anti-vaxx, J6 curious) are way more RWNJ than leftist though.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Including Hitler lol, that guy was a freak about his vegetarian diet supposedly

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Shooting Kennedy's is an American tradition.

Especially ones with presidential aspirations. :colbert:

I grew up in western Mass during the 50s and early 60s...and was well aware of the love for JFK and RFK. While I don't think JFK was the best president ever...I think he was better than most who followed him.
His brother Bobby was WAAAAAAY liberal...even as a teenager I thought he was too far to the left, but I still think he'd have been better that Tricky Dick.
RFK Jr. is the first Kennedy that I couldn't possibly care less if he was assassinated.