Israel: We Are At War

Page 169 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Pro-Israel America politicians will be using law enforcement now to stop the very much peaceful protests in America? You have some assholes like this guy Tom Cotton and other ones saying very bad things about the anti-Israel protestors.

I have seen the two Republican assholes, Cotton and Hawley, who wish to use US security force to remove the protestors:

Also, Mike Johnson, also Republican, shares the same views:

Will we see more US politicians do this move? Let us see because Israel is number one ally of America.

Reactions: Shervan360

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Pro-Israel America politicians will be using law enforcement now to stop the very much peaceful protests in America? You have some assholes like this guy Tom Cotton and other ones saying very bad things about the anti-Israel protestors.

I have seen the two Republican assholes, Cotton and Hawley, who wish to use US security force to remove the protestors:

Also, Mike Johnson, also Republican, shares the same views:

Will we see more US politicians do this move? Let us see because Israel is number one ally of America.
man, i can't think of any other time when the national guard got called in against college students... no sir. never happened before. what's the worst that could possibly happen?

fucking A these people are dumb as hell. and worse, dangerous as hell.

Reactions: Dave_5k and Pohemi

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
This is simply to show the US policy. The US people have been not very happy with this policy so are protesting but the ruling class is not happy with this. Of course I am sure people are very fine with security forces stopping protests because that side is not same as their side. From the protests I have seen, especially the NYC ones, they are behaving very nicely. No issues, just brave American young and other people trying to show their voice.

I am thinking by doing these things, these idiot US politicians will make these protests bigger and creating more issues. But this is just a way for US politicians to show Israel that they are with it, no matter how many people Israel kills.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
A friend of mine works at Columbia at a director level. Morale is quite low and she thinks the University president is insane. Calling the cops on peaceful protesters. She said there's been no violence.

Reactions: KMFJD and Pohemi

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
A friend of mine works at Columbia at a director level. Morale is quite low and she thinks the University president is insane. Calling the cops on peaceful protesters. She said there's been no violence.
Which universities have people chanting death to Israel? Similar to the George Floyd protests, if it’s been hijacked by bad actors, the organizers should end the protest to avoid being associated with these Hamas wannabes.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Which universities have people chanting death to Israel? Similar to the George Floyd protests, if it’s been hijacked by bad actors, the organizers should end the protest to avoid being associated with these Hamas wannabes.
Israel is a genocidal ethnic cleansing apartheid state.

Let me know if they start chanting kill all the Jews then you can arrest them.

Did you eat your Zionist Cheerios this morning?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Israel is a genocidal ethnic cleansing apartheid state.

Let me know if they start chanting kill all the Jews then you can arrest them.

Did you eat your Zionist Cheerios this morning?
Not siding with Israel either but the crowds calling for death to Israel isn’t helping the image of these protests

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Not siding with Israel either but the crowds calling for death to Israel isn’t helping the image of these protests
I haven't heard of the Columbia students having mass chants like that, but if it makes you feel better, go for it. But these days, I will say, many people consider anything anti Israel's current and long-standing oppression of the Palestinians to be anti-Semitic.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
If people want to think arresting peaceful organized protesting because some protestors here or there say things that aren't great, that's pathetic. Overall the protests have been peaceful from what I've read, just some individual protestors saying some messed up things, but this pro-Israel lobby in this country is bonkers. Fuck Israel.

Reactions: KMFJD

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I haven't heard of the Columbia students having mass chants like that, but if it makes you feel better, go for it. But these days, I will say, many people consider anything anti Israel's current and long-standing oppression of the Palestinians to be anti-Semitic.
Sigh that’s why I said which universities had people protesting that

Reactions: Pens1566

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Sigh that’s why I said which universities had people protesting that
Sure please point out the universities that had large protests organized around chanting anti-Semitic things. I mean the burden of proof is on you if you want to make these claims.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
A lot of the protesters are Jewish themselves including some of the organizers. Many faculty members are in support of the protesters.. Things that are not reported in the MSM which is trying to smear them as antisemitic or Hammas supporters.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

They are scared of what happened to Harvard's president and loss of donations.
But calling police on peaceful college protests is insane. I thought that's what college was about.
Wtf is going on in Texas? Being opposed to Israel's actions is antisemitic? I hope this at least sparks a debate of what antismitec means.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
They are scared of what happened to Harvard's president and loss of donations.
But calling police on peaceful college protests is insane. I thought that's what college was about.
Wtf is going on in Texas? Being opposed to Israel's actions is antisemitic? I hope this at least sparks a debate of what antismitec means.
21st century McCarthyism.

Reactions: KMFJD

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Anyone remember the last time the national guard was called in to deal with student protesters?

GettyImages-90256495-1000x672.jpg

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Every story I have heard about the situation at Columbia says hateful speech like that is happening OUTSIDE the campus and is NOT part of the campus protest group that was arrested. Several Jewish campus groups were/are part of the group that had the encampment. They even celebrated Passover in the encampment.

TLDR - it’s almost graduation time and they needed the lawn cleared.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Meanwhile at the protests at UT

seems the police are being called to disperse these peaceful protests against israeli actions against Palestinians all over the place, saw cops roughing up students in Columbia, USC as well
How dare those long hairs protest when brave Israeli soldiers are shooting up aid workers and people trying to get food. The never silent fascist minority won't tolerate such free speech.

Also protesting on behalf of dead Gaza civilians is the same as being a Nazi running a concentration camp or so I've heard from same never silent fascist minority.

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Wtf is going on in Texas? Being opposed to Israel's actions is antisemitic?

That is the official Israeli line.

I heard the same thing in the UK from a Jewish person being interviewed the other day (ie. not some random caller) on BBC Radio 2 that pro-Palestine protesters are nothing but a bunch of Jew-haters and that all such marches should be banned.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
The MSM has stooped down to Fox News level of outright BS and embracing Zionist lies and smears its gotten ridiculous. Good thing independent outlets have come a long way in presenting the other side of the story from those who matter most.

Very moving.

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
The MSM has stooped down to Fox News level of outright BS and embracing Zionist lies and smears its gotten ridiculous. Good thing independent outlets have come a long way in presenting the other side of the story from those who matter most.

Very moving.

Unfortunately, people like him are branded as kapos.

Reactions: Pohemi and amenx

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Netanyahu statement on the campus protests. If anyone paying attention to events of the last several months, does not see these as the most egregious, cringe inducing lies and gas-lighting they've ever heard, they are far too gone for it to matter.

Reactions: Pohemi

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Odd that you don't have the same admiration for Americans opposing Russia's genocide. I wonder why?

I don't support intervening militarily in either conflict. Ukraine had a peace agreement on the table a few years ago and America/Britain intervened. Tens of thousands of Ukraine's best young men are now dead because of that. Most people now agree that Ukraine will get a negotiated treaty that is WORSE than the one they didn't sign at the beginning of the war. They have run out of young men for the meatgrinder and each day that passes their negotiating position becomes weaker. John Mearsheimer (a god tier analyst) predicted all of this when the war started. America's intervention cost lives and the war loans they saddled Ukraine with have compromised any kind of future the Ukrainians might have. Remember that it was war debt from WWI that contributed to the rise of Nazis. America's interest in both Ukraine and Israel should be to limit the conflicts and prevent them from flaring up to regional or even world wars. It should be a non-partisan negotiator, not a partisan participant.

China's foreign policy appears to far more effective than America's. They are happy to allow America to waste resources in needless wars while they take over world trade. BRICS has surpassed the G7 and in a few decades it will probably be an order of magnitude larger. The ramifications of that cannot be overstated. Empires generally do not fall absent massive wars of utter destruction. The threat of nuclear annihilation is real and I believe it will become more real as America loses more and more economic power to BRICS. I don't see any way that American elites give up global supremacy without engaging in war. I have seen Chinese media talk about this very thing and they are very worried about what America will do as they lose power.

Reactions: amenx