Israel: We Are At War

Page 170 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't support intervening militarily in either conflict. Ukraine had a peace agreement on the table a few years ago and America/Britain intervened. Tens of thousands of Ukraine's best young men are now dead because of that. Most people now agree that Ukraine will get a negotiated treaty that is WORSE than the one they didn't sign at the beginning of the war. They have run out of young men for the meatgrinder and each day that passes their negotiating position becomes weaker. John Mearsheimer (a god tier analyst) predicted all of this when the war started. America's intervention cost lives and the war loans they saddled Ukraine with have compromised any kind of future the Ukrainians might have. Remember that it was war debt from WWI that contributed to the rise of Nazis. America's interest in both Ukraine and Israel should be to limit the conflicts and prevent them from flaring up to regional or even world wars. It should be a non-partisan negotiator, not a partisan participant.

China's foreign policy appears to far more effective than America's. They are happy to allow America to waste resources in needless wars while they take over world trade. BRICS has surpassed the G7 and in a few decades it will probably be an order of magnitude larger. The ramifications of that cannot be overstated. Empires generally do not fall absent massive wars of utter destruction. The threat of nuclear annihilation is real and I believe it will become more real as America loses more and more economic power to BRICS. I don't see any way that American elites give up global supremacy without engaging in war. I have seen Chinese media talk about this very thing and they are very worried about what America will do as they lose power.
Nope. Russia invaded Ukraine.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
I don't support intervening militarily in either conflict. Ukraine had a peace agreement on the table a few years ago and America/Britain intervened. Tens of thousands of Ukraine's best young men are now dead because of that. Most people now agree that Ukraine will get a negotiated treaty that is WORSE than the one they didn't sign at the beginning of the war. They have run out of young men for the meatgrinder and each day that passes their negotiating position becomes weaker. John Mearsheimer (a god tier analyst) predicted all of this when the war started. America's intervention cost lives and the war loans they saddled Ukraine with have compromised any kind of future the Ukrainians might have. Remember that it was war debt from WWI that contributed to the rise of Nazis. America's interest in both Ukraine and Israel should be to limit the conflicts and prevent them from flaring up to regional or even world wars. It should be a non-partisan negotiator, not a partisan participant.

China's foreign policy appears to far more effective than America's. They are happy to allow America to waste resources in needless wars while they take over world trade. BRICS has surpassed the G7 and in a few decades it will probably be an order of magnitude larger. The ramifications of that cannot be overstated. Empires generally do not fall absent massive wars of utter destruction. The threat of nuclear annihilation is real and I believe it will become more real as America loses more and more economic power to BRICS. I don't see any way that American elites give up global supremacy without engaging in war. I have seen Chinese media talk about this very thing and they are very worried about what America will do as they lose power.
You are obviously high as a kite.
This is all Ukraine's fault right?
You live up to your name sweetheart.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Have you had your water tested lately?

Reactions: bshole

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, carry on interrogating forum members about their country of origin and making crazy accusations about election year bullshit. Billionaires literally funding your entire political process and you are worried about a forum member. What a joke.

Carry on championing genocide throughout the world, when it's your team doing it, but here you are worried about people calling you out on it.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Ukraine had a peace agreement on the table a few years ago and America/Britain intervened.

Citation please, because wiki says you're straight-up wrong:

wiki said:
In 1994, Ukraine agreed to transfer these weapons to Russia and became a party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, in exchange for assurances from Russia, the United States and United Kingdom to respect the Ukrainian independence and sovereignty in the existing borders.[5][6] The decision by Ukraine to give up the nuclear weapons was debated when Russia, one of the parties of the agreement, invaded Ukraine.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
In case people werent aware, some states require you to basically sign an oath of allegiance to Israel if you are doing business with the state. You must pledge not to engage in any boycott of Israel, even illegal settlements or the state will not do business with you.

Meanwhile international law requires countries not to do business with illegal settlements or the occupying authorities

If you didnt know that, the MSM does not give much attention to such matters because it may put Israel in a bad light. As we've seen earlier this week on how NYT and MSNBC coach their journalists on what to say and what to avoid re Gaza.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
That's a cheap attack but now we know about you. I have always advocated for peace whether in Ukraine or anywhere else. I say let Ukraine and Russia negotiate right now, but you say that Ukraine must defeat Russia. Even the Pope says "a negotiated peace is better than a war without end." But you and your fellow fanatics wish to continue fighting. So you tell me who is the genocide enthusiast - by the way, that's a terrible thing to say. Kind of surprised a guy like you who has shown restraint would use such language. The other people here I know to expect such language from.

As for Israel/Palestine, this is another failed American foreign policy, just like failed foreign policy almost everywhere else. I am sure this is going to make people here angry but sorry, this is what it is. America's failed foreign policies have led up to the very violent Middle East situation, mostly thanks to the unlimited and unrestricted support for Israel.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
In case people werent aware, some states require you to basically sign an oath of allegiance to Israel if you are doing business with the state. You must pledge not to engage in any boycott of Israel, even illegal settlements or the state will not do business with you.

Meanwhile international law requires countries not to do business with illegal settlements or the occupying authorities

If you didnt know that, the MSM does not give much attention to such matters because it may put Israel in a bad light. As we've seen earlier this week on how NYT and MSNBC coach their journalists on what to say and what to avoid re Gaza.

There is not much free speech in America because many states have anti-BDS laws, due to Israeli pressure. This means that these states are more pro-Israel than they are pro-America.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's a cheap attack but now we know about you. I have always advocated for peace whether in Ukraine or anywhere else. I say let Ukraine and Russia negotiate right now, but you say that Ukraine must defeat Russia. Even the Pope says "a negotiated peace is better than a war without end." But you and your fellow fanatics wish to continue fighting. So you tell me who is the genocide enthusiast - by the way, that's a terrible thing to say. Kind of surprised a guy like you who has shown restraint would use such language. The other people here I know to expect such language from.

As for Israel/Palestine, this is another failed American foreign policy, just like failed foreign policy almost everywhere else. I am sure this is going to make people here angry but sorry, this is what it is. America's failed foreign policies have led up to the very violent Middle East situation, mostly thanks to the unlimited and unrestricted support for Israel.
Nope. You said Russia was justified to engage in genocide in Ukraine because it felt threatened. I can quote your post if you would like.

Your morals are dictated not by the action, but by who is committing the action.

• Love

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Do what you want, you can take things out of context. Now I know not to waste time dealing with such people around here, who say very untrue things. Now you are one of the other rabid people on this forum.

I said to leave Russia alone, Ukraine is their backyard, stop meddling in their neighboring countries etc. And Russia will respond to NATO aggression.

I supported genocide? You are desperate, period. And if you were a serious person, you would be calling out America's killing of millions of people over the years. So you tell me whose morals are hypocritical.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Do what you want, you can take things out of context. Now I know not to waste time dealing with such people around here, who say very untrue things.

I said to leave Russia alone, Ukraine is their backyard, stop meddling in their neighboring countries etc. I supported genocide? You are desperate, period. And if you were a serious person, you would be calling out America's killing of millions of people over the years. So you tell me whose morals are hypocritical.
You said Russia’s invasion was justified because it felt threatened. If you would like to provide context as to why making excuses for Russia’s genocide is valid there then please feel free to provide it.

I have been a vehement opponent of nearly all American wars. This is because I have consistent principles, unlike you.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
"Security" is always the excuse pillaging murdering invaders use. "We are invading this other country because they make us feel unsafe!" Hitler used it, Bush/Cheney used it, Putin used it. Israel is using it, though in their case at the least they actually are unsafe and are responding to something concrete, if badly.

Anyone saying Ukraine is at fault for this war is lying, or completely ignorant.
Anyone who thinks Russia would stop at taking one chunk of Ukraine is likewise a liar. They will consolidate and will be invading again in a few years to get more.

I guess Poland was at fault for all the deaths of Poles and Germans in WWII too. What a crock.

The world belatedly didn't put up with it in 1941, they shouldn't put up with it now. If not for asshats like India and China there might be meaningful sanctions against Russia, which they deserve. All I can do personally is avoid Russian goods and services, which so far hasn't been that much considering I haven't wanted many (one plugin I was going to buy :)) Oh, and support the party that wants to stop Putin, but then I support their policies anyway.

Hey if people want to bury their heads in the sand and be isolationists, so be it. There have always been such types. The world is connected whether they like it or not.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
You must realize that America is not just involved in wars, it is involved in so much mischief all over the world. Are you against that as well? If so, you must oppose America's illegal occupation of Syria and Iraq. You must oppose America's alliance with radical Muslim groups who try to overthrow governments; America's alliance with terrible Arab governments to keep people oppressed, such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordanian monarchy. I won't mention the covert regime change operations in the Western hemisphere, etc.

Also, all this refugee crisis is significantly from America's foreign policies, directly or indirectly These millions of people going to Europe via different ways. This is from destabilizing countries. And the "extremist" terror groups that form in Syria, Iraq etc - the Sunni groups - are largely from destabilization. America's desire to overthrow Assad has led them to ally with extremist groups, just as America allied with the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan. Just like they allied with Saddam against Iran, in which he use chemical weapons on Iran.

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran​

And to add to this, America's number one ally is Israel - a master of waging terror on people. A country that regularly attacks Syria, Lebanon and Iran. Yet, America remains silent. Do you know how many times Israel has attacked Syria over the years? How many civilians they have killed in Iran? Or the attacks on Lebanon? This is from America's number one ally by the way.

I hope you are against all of this.

Last edited:

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Ukraine fanatics cannot just have their one thread, they must come to the Israel genocide thread too to show their affection for Ukraine.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
The troll is right. No need to show his hypocrisy by showing his love for Putin in this topic.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You must realize that America is not just involved in wars, it is involved in so much mischief all over the world. Are you against that as well? If so, you must oppose America's illegal occupation of Syria and Iraq. You must oppose America's alliance with radical Muslim groups who try to overthrow governments; America's alliance with terrible Arab governments to keep people oppressed, such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordanian monarchy. I won't mention the covert regime change operations in the Western hemisphere, etc.

Also, all this refugee crisis is significantly from America's foreign policies, directly or indirectly These millions of people going to Europe via different ways. This is from destabilizing countries. And the "extremist" terror groups that form in Syria, Iraq etc - the Sunni groups - are largely from destabilization. America's desire to overthrow Assad has led them to ally with extremist groups, just as America allied with the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan. Just like they allied with Saddam against Iran, in which he use chemical weapons on Iran.

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran​

And to add to this, America's number one ally is Israel - a master of waging terror on people. A country that regularly attacks Syria, Lebanon and Iran. Yet, America remains silent. Do you know how many times Israel has attacked Syria over the years? How many civilians they have killed in Iran? Or the attacks on Lebanon? This is from America's number one ally by the way.

I hope you are against all of this.
It’s sort of funny that your have decided your best bet is to try and show everyone else is as unprincipled as you are.

Generally though I oppose all those things, yes.

You, on the other hand, excuse genocide so long as it’s done by the right people. This is because you are an immoral and unprincipled person.

• Love

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Have you had your water tested lately?

My water is supplied by the Milwaukee Water Works. I drink at least two glasses an hour of the stuff every day. It never crossed my mind that my worldview may be informed by the contaminants that the city government is putting into the water I drink. If your speculation is correct, I am entirely innocent for my vile and wrong opinions. Those bad ideas are all the fault of the tyrannical and evil Milwaukee government.

Remind me again which American interventions are evil and which are good. I certainly want to support good things and don't want to support evil things. With your gentle and kind direction and a good source of quality hydration, I am hopeful I can get back on the right track. Thanks again for giving me the heads up on my water source.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The fact that he is a giant hypocrite and/or liar seems highly relevant.
Got it, now I know for sure you are not a serious debater by constantly making derogatory remarks. Thanks.

I don't excuse genocide and I will be critical when it is needed. I don't support one country or government. I am not a nationalist.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Got it, now I know for sure you are not a serious debater by constantly making derogatory remarks. Thanks.
What’s amusing here is that you’re resorting to derogatory remarks because you can’t address my actual point.

You condemn one genocidal invasion while apologizing for another. You are not a moral or principled person.