Did any of us scrupulously-vaccinated get COVIDD?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I assume we have all had covid by now. Those who say they didn't get it probably were asymptomatic. I never had covid and got all my vaccines. I became sick yesterday with a dry cough and lost my sense of taste. Took a test today and it came back negative, which I am suspicious about.
I can't assume it, but it might still be possible as you suggest. I think I had two more shots in January -- one for COVID. I weigh 199 lbs, and am worried about my eating habits, trying to manage blood sugar for newly diagnosed type-2 diabetes. Put it another way, while eyeing the almost-finished porterhouse steak on my coffee-table here, I never lost my ability to taste anything!

After the porterhouse, I went out to Del Taco and bought three bean-and-cheese burritos with green sauce and onions. I have to do something about this! More exercise, I suppose.

Jul 27, 2020
I have to do something about this! More exercise, I suppose.
No.

Told you this before, man. You gotta learn to let go. Let go of the food. You can live a few hours without it. Then 10 hours. Increase to 16 hours. 24 hours. At that point, you will start getting amazed at your body. Getting to 48 hours is a struggle but not impossible. 72 hours? Not that hard after you make it past 48 hours. 96 hours is where your mind may break so you can stop there. Then break your fast with a nice bowl of your favorite soup. Eat some fruits. Maybe some chocolate. Eat whatever you want the next two or three days. Then start fasting again. Bit by bit, everything wrong with your metabolism will straighten itself out and you will come out no longer diabetic.

However, starting this fasting routine may not be possible if you are too dependent on whatever drug your doc gave you. Discuss with him (if he is someone who listens) on how you can reduce your dependence on the drug (keep reducing the dose while increasing the fasting hours until you no longer need it anymore).

Unless you start working out like the Hulk, exercise will have little to no effect on you. And who are we kidding, really? If exercise had been the solution you could implement, you wouldn't have reached this point. Not trying to be harsh. Just letting you know how it is. Take control of your diabetes and your health now rather than never.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'll wrap my brain around that. The morning Cheerios nuts banana and milk get me well into the early afternoon, so I'll just extend it. If I get hungry, maybe I'll just have more cereal, nuts and banana.

Someone else -- a diabetic -- told me to abjure eating anything after 4PM. the beans are good for a diabetic, even so.

Reactions: igor_kavinski