Did any of us scrupulously-vaccinated get COVIDD?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Only had the first two rounds of the moderns vaccine. Caught the WiFlu this past June. Wasn't nearly as bad as I expected...not a pleasant experience by amy means, but really, not much worse than a bad cold or flu bug. Lasted about 10 days. The only residual effect is that after taking a low dose of lisinopril for over a year with no issues, following the COVID, I've developed "the Zestril cough," something that caused my doctor to switch my BP meds several years ago. My currunt doc has me on the low dose for "kidney protection." :shrug:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You are lucky. There ARE docs out there who would wait for "evidence" of kidney damage before doing that.
Heh...my doc is about 80 years old. He's the ONLY doctor in town at a not-very-good medical clinic. (next closest options are more than 25 miles, but MOST people drive 75 miles to Olympia, 100 miles to Tacoma, or even 140 miles to Seattle. I don't go to this clinic for "real" medical needs...just the routine office visits 2x annually to get my various prescriptions renewed. I also make the longer drives to see a "real" doctor for more serious things.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Who said "kidney protection"? My own attention are now turned to my kidneys, after diagnosis of early-onset-type-2-diabetes.

Dietary change does not need to be a departure from what your palate desires. I'm going to start another thread . . .

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
I got the J+J but no booster and flu shots every year since 2015...the last two flu shots have been have been "quads" i.e three flu vaxes and one pertussis...this year I got the usual "quad" flu shot plus a RSV vaccine (A respiratory syncytial virus vaccine, or RSV vaccine, is a vaccine which protects against infection by respiratory syncytial virus. The RSV vaccines Arexvy, and Abrysvo, were approved for medical use in the United States in May 2023. Wikipedia)...after the flu shot I fasted for 48 hours to boost my immune system. No side effects or headaches. Continued on with my daily 10 mile bike rides and other high activities i.e. gardening and working around the house. I see many more wearing masks these days. The blind sight brain washing people get on network TV and TV news is the cause I suspect plus all the subliminal programing on network TV and TV news greatly impacts people who watch. My blood work comes back near ideal every time. I also follow a Keto diet for 10+ years now. I'm never sick and have been in and out of large crowds all the time. The experiment continues...

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I have had 4 shots. I may get the new booster that's available.

I caught covid in October 2022. Felt pretty crappy and was sick for almost 2 weeks.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Who said "kidney protection"? My own attention are now turned to my kidneys, after diagnosis of early-onset-type-2-diabetes.

Dietary change does not need to be a departure from what your palate desires. I'm going to start another thread . . .
Been there. Done that.

I have permanent kidney damage caused by an infection in spring of 2022. I also have cysts growing on my kidneys and will be getting a CT scan for it near the end of the month.

Kidneys are important and need to be taken care of.

Dec 10, 2005
I've stayed on top of all my vaccinations. With the recent new approvals for Pfizer's and Moderna's updated COVID-19 vaccine, I'll get that alongside the yearly influenza shot as soon as my new insurance kicks in Oct 1 (hooray job changes and insurance gaps).

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Been there. Done that.

I have permanent kidney damage caused by an infection in spring of 2022. I also have cysts growing on my kidneys and will be getting a CT scan for it near the end of the month.

Kidneys are important and need to be taken care of.
Sugar destroys kidneys...worse yet if you have existing kidney impairment.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Had Covid in December of 2020 along with the rest of my family(Wife and 2 daughters-Teenagers). My wife had knee replacement surgery earlier in the year and our suspicion was that she picked it up at the Physical Therapy place since she was the first one to come down with Covid in our family group. The PT place was about the only place she would regularly go to since I was doing all the grocery shopping. We found out after she went back that they did had a breakout of COVID but they never bothered to proactively tell anyone. Wife got it the worse, for me it just felt like a bad cold. Nobody had to go to the Hospital or anything like that. My daughters where sick but for them it was just the sniffles. I was worried about my wife since in 2016 she had really bad Pneumonia that hospitalized her for several days but she got through ok. Before she left the hospital the vaccinated her for Pneumonia and we wondered if that vaccine helped to prevent the COVID from getting worse. At the time the wife and I where also taking heavy does of Vitamin D3.

When it was available we all got the Pfizer vaccine in early 2021 as soon as it was available for us. We have gotten boosted twice. We don't wear masks anymore and are not socially distancing. I recently had COVID again in June of 2023(Rapid test confirmed) which I am fairly confident I got during my time at Cisco Live in Las Vegas. I was kind of sick for a couple of days but the symptoms lasted for a week. I have had worse flu's.

On my wife's side of the family she has had on relative die from COVID, not vaccinated. Wife's brother and father decided against vaccination. Dad said the lord would protect him, despite me trying to explain at 65+ and handicap he should be vaccinated. Her brother got COVID really bad in November of 2021, he had to be hospitalized for several days and took almost 2+ months to recover. Her Dad also got COVID around the same time, her brother is a Urgent Care nurse and I think he passed it on to his Dad. Her Dad was really bad, I really thought he was going to die. He was in-out of the Hospital a couple of times for about 2+ months. The Dad is in a wheel chair and I thought he would never recover. Eventually wound up at Rehab facility for about 4+ months and was able to come home and he functions fairly well on his own again. However it was a real mess that IMHO was 100% completely preventable.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Had Covid in December of 2020 along with the rest of my family(Wife and 2 daughters-Teenagers). My wife had knee replacement surgery earlier in the year and our suspicion was that she picked it up at the Physical Therapy place since she was the first one to come down with Covid in our family group. The PT place was about the only place she would regularly go to since I was doing all the grocery shopping. We found out after she went back that they did had a breakout of COVID but they never bothered to proactively tell anyone. Wife got it the worse, for me it just felt like a bad cold. Nobody had to go to the Hospital or anything like that. My daughters where sick but for them it was just the sniffles. I was worried about my wife since in 2016 she had really bad Pneumonia that hospitalized her for several days but she got through ok. Before she left the hospital the vaccinated her for Pneumonia and we wondered if that vaccine helped to prevent the COVID from getting worse. At the time the wife and I where also taking heavy does of Vitamin D3.

When it was available we all got the Pfizer vaccine in early 2021 as soon as it was available for us. We have gotten boosted twice. We don't wear masks anymore and are not socially distancing. I recently had COVID again in June of 2023(Rapid test confirmed) which I am fairly confident I got during my time at Cisco Live in Las Vegas. I was kind of sick for a couple of days but the symptoms lasted for a week. I have had worse flu's.

On my wife's side of the family she has had on relative die from COVID, not vaccinated. Wife's brother and father decided against vaccination. Dad said the lord would protect him, despite me trying to explain at 65+ and handicap he should be vaccinated. Her brother got COVID really bad in November of 2021, he had to be hospitalized for several days and took almost 2+ months to recover. Her Dad also got COVID around the same time, her brother is a Urgent Care nurse and I think he passed it on to his Dad. Her Dad was really bad, I really thought he was going to die. He was in-out of the Hospital a couple of times for about 2+ months. The Dad is in a wheel chair and I thought he would never recover. Eventually wound up at Rehab facility for about 4+ months and was able to come home and he functions fairly well on his own again. However it was a real mess that IMHO was 100% completely preventable.
Sorry for your troubles...

Reactions: Brovane

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

Did their opinion of the Covid vaccine change; and will they get the updated shot?

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Did their opinion of the Covid vaccine change; and will they get the updated shot?

Nope, they don't see the correlation between their refusal to get vaccinated and getting so sick with COVID. Her brother even refuses to acknowledge that he might have passed it on to his father.
I am just glad we live 4+ hours away. They both claim that it is their right to live as they want. However as my wife and I have discussed her father's decisions had impact on all of us because my wife had to spend weeks at his house helping him when he got home from the Hospital because of his decision to not get vaccinated. The thing that gets me is her brother works in healthcare but he got a religious exemption to not be vaccinated. At least both of them now got some immunity from having COVID and clearing the virus. I would feel better if her father still got vaccinated but he is a stubborn man.

FB_IMG_1629842146973.jpg

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
We did not get the new September shot and have no one to blame.
We are both positive and symptomatic. My fever is low grade around 101.
In May 2020 my estranged BIL went down at his home, and went from the ER to the ICU in 8 hours and his children had to pull the plug on him. At that time testing was completely sketchy, and we are certain it was COVID.

• Wow
Reactions: Lezunto

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
We did not get the new September shot and have no one to blame.
We are both positive and symptomatic. My fever is low grade around 101.
In May 2020 my estranged BIL went down at his home, and went from the ER to the ICU in 8 hours and his children had to pull the plug on him. At that time testing was completely sketchy, and we are certain it was COVID.
My Manhattan residing healthy 30 something cousin died Feb. 2020 from "the worst cold" he'd ever had. Next morning after telling his sister that, he was dead in his apartment. NYC was not testing and claimed Covid wasn't there but his sister's sure it WAS Covid, and her explanations convinced me.

I have had every Covid-19 vax available to me, all 7, last one 23 days ago.

Reactions: skyking and Lezunto

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I assume we have all had covid by now. Those who say they didn't get it probably were asymptomatic. I never had covid and got all my vaccines. I became sick yesterday with a dry cough and lost my sense of taste. Took a test today and it came back negative, which I am suspicious about.

May 11, 2008
I had 3 BioNtech, pfizer mRNA vaccins. And the vaccins helped to relieve the symptoms but then i get sick again and i have the same problems.
When taking the mRNA vaccins, i had 0 issues. Not even a really sore spot. Tiny bit sensitive. I felt better within hours and it lasts but my other symptoms did not dissapear. I am sad to say...

All the health complaints i still have, i got before any mRNA vaccination during the first corona wave end 2019, end 2020. I seem to have post covid issues. But i am working hard to get it figured out and hopefully there is some medicine for at least the energy draining problems.
I feel like something is inside me stealing all my physical and mental energy or let my immune cells attack me. I do not know. I feel very aggravated.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I got it in October, and had my 5th shot in September. I got it from my wife, but had no symptoms. She made me take the test after she failed it. Three days after that, I tested positive. Five days after that I passed the test. I didn't even get a runny nose. She had flu like symptoms.

Jul 27, 2020
I don't know which dang virus I got but seems like all my body's water content is leaking through my nose. It's gonna be a long night of suffering and hoping it abates.