Rant Conspiracy theories/ Crazy thoughts -- Post your whackiest beliefs in here that no one agrees with WITHOUT REGRETS!

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
I've been thinking of posting this bonkers story for a week but I've been struggling with words and at the same time been wondering which side will prevail with it's dumbass argument.

Ok here's the story:

Basically a Chinese wife of Texas Judge who works as a mandarin to english translator gets tired of her freeloading husband's nephew living in her house and tells him to get out.

He won't. She shoots and kills him and is arrested and arraigned for murder.

Of course this is America so a person who works as translator.. says she needs a translator as she's unable to understand the charges against her!

But anyways.. what do you think will happen..

1. She's in Texas and in her house and castle doctrine applies here.
2. She's guilty as hell of killing a white guy especially as she's Chinese.

What do you all think? Who are you betting on?

I'm betting on Texas gonna Texas dumb!

She's almost certainly fucked unless he's in deep with the corrupt state government and can get her a pardon. Women get convicted of murder even in stand your ground states where they can show extended periods of stalking/harassment and abuse (meaning, woman breaks up with a guy often after extended period of abuse, he starts staking her/harassing her, she fears for her life and shoots and kills when he shows up at her home).

• Wow
Reactions: Indus
Mar 11, 2004
Ok these 2 stories are similar and won't sit well with anyone.. but look at the vast difference in sentences handed out.

1. Woman poisons husband in AZ and gets 2 years

2. Man poisons daughter in GA and gets 50 years

I have no problem with that shithead getting 50 years but how come only 2 years for the woman??

Sure sounds SUSPICIOUS!!!! Conspiracies anyone???

You really are turning into a conservative if you think a grown ass man and an 18 day old infant are similar, did eits hijack your account? The man basically had to deal with some slightly worse than usual tasting coffee and the infant suffered serious injuries.

The first one seems to be a plea deal and its up to 2 years per charge, but could be as little as 4 months per charge.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
You really are turning into a conservative if you think a grown ass man and an 18 day old infant are similar, did eits hijack your account? The man basically had to deal with some slightly worse than usual tasting coffee and the infant suffered serious injuries.

The first one seems to be a plea deal and its up to 2 years per charge, but could be as little as 4 months per charge.

C'mon dude, it could have been you.. coulda been me.. 4 months for trying to poison you or me?

It's attempted murder. I'd want at least 10-15 years for that wanna be black widow assassin.

At least they can't blame it on some "lame ass liberal prosecutor" this time though.. but still 2 years max is way too low for that.

P. S. You might think this stuff doesn't happen much but reality is it happens a lot. Lots of Americans travel and sometimes they want to explore and get a friend for the night.. a one night stand or something. She/ he can easily spike your drink and the next day you wake up to everything gone and you in the hospital if you're lucky. Sure most people just laugh it up when they read about it but it does happen. It almost happened to me.. but I had the good instincts to kick her out of the room and throw that drink down the toilet. Others are not so lucky!

Last edited:

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I have a feeling.. MTG has outlived her usefulness to the GOP and they'll try to oust her soonish.

Reactions: cytg111

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
You know recently Mike Lindell the pillow guy made a comment Texas got 2 million legit ballots thrown out in 2020 or else Biden would have won Texas.

Of all his conspiracy theories.. I actually wonder if he was telling the truth there.

Would anyone be surprised with how badly they rig it for Conservaterrrorists?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
My congratulations to you dear sir for figuring out Johnny's mom said No more Z names, we're naming him Johnny!
Heard a version of it at an inclusion and innovation class at work to show how unconscious biases can lead you to incorrect answers.

The way they delivered it was: “Answer the question as quickly as possible. John’s mother has three sons; Snap, Crackle, and ?”

70% of the class answered “Pop” because if you are of a certain age you heard the advertising over and over and know the mascots for Kelloggs Rice Crispy cereal are Snap, Crackle and Pop.

The guy teaching the class had a degree in neuroscience and explained that our big prefrontal cortex that allows us to get the right answer uses a lot of energy so over our evolution we’ve developed strategies for reducing energy consumption. One of those leads to unconscious biases because it takes less energy to jump to a connection already made than to spend the energy to process a new one.

So with this riddle it’s lower energy to jump to and finish the advertisement than process the riddle even though it’s wrong.

It’s actually really disturbing when you think about it. I didn’t ask to store that jingle in my head but it’s there. Just imagine all the other easy connections that folks already have in their head from ads, propaganda, stereotypes, etc that they jump to instead of actually thinking.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Heard a version of it at an inclusion and innovation class at work to show how unconscious biases can lead you to incorrect answers.

The way they delivered it was: “Answer the question as quickly as possible. John’s mother has three sons; Snap, Crackle, and ?”

70% of the class answered “Pop” because if you are of a certain age you heard the advertising over and over and know the mascots for Kelloggs Rice Crispy cereal are Snap, Crackle and Pop.

The guy teaching the class had a degree in neuroscience and explained that our big prefrontal cortex that allows us to get the right answer uses a lot of energy so over our evolution we’ve developed strategies for reducing energy consumption. One of those leads to unconscious biases because it takes less energy to jump to a connection already made than to spend the energy to process a new one.

So with this riddle it’s lower energy to jump to and finish the advertisement than process the riddle even though it’s wrong.

It’s actually really disturbing when you think about it. I didn’t ask to store that jingle in my head but it’s there. Just imagine all the other easy connections that folks already have in their head from ads, propaganda, stereotypes, etc that they jump to instead of actually thinking.
Worth considering: advertisement is really just exploitation of the human brain. Imagine what we could be doing with our energy if we didn't have a few hundred jingles from products or companies that don't even exist anymore rolling around in our heads.

Reactions: Paratus

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Worth considering: advertisement is really just exploitation of the human brain. Imagine what we could be doing with our energy if we didn't have a few hundred jingles from products or companies that don't even exist anymore rolling around in our heads.
We would replace them with current product jingles?

• Haha

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Once in forever.. even the NY Post gets it:

View attachment 97390

As always, has me wondering what it says about Murdoch's stance. Does this mean he's anti-Putin, then? You can never be sure with him - he was quite pro-CCP for a while, not to mention being quite keen on Erdogan at one point. But sometimes he shifts, presumably based on commercial considerations.

Murdoch moves in mysterious ways.

• Wow

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Can't express how much I resent that some of my brain-cells are wasted retaining advertising jingles from the 1970s.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
As always, has me wondering what it says about Murdoch's stance. Does this mean he's anti-Putin, then? You can never be sure with him - he was quite pro-CCP for a while, not to mention being quite keen on Erdogan at one point. But sometimes he shifts, presumably based on commercial considerations.

Murdoch moves in mysterious ways.

Maybe he's figured out after Tucker's interview that Putin's not someone you can make a deal with.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Can't express how much I resent that some of my brain-cells are wasted retaining advertising jingles from the 1970s.
Personal conspiracy theory: if these dumbfuck songs weren't stuck in our heads, we'd be able to easily memorize birdsongs, as well as specific bird alert sounds, which we'd use as early warning (or prey alerting) in our natural environment.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Personal conspiracy theory: if these dumbfuck songs weren't stuck in our heads, we'd be able to easily memorize birdsongs, as well as specific bird alert sounds, which we'd use as early warning (or prey alerting) in our natural environment.

Choip, choip...I hoid a boid!

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Think after we dump Trump we have to somewhat start focusing on the homeless problem.. maybe by making parking lots where Vans/ mobile homes/ trailers can be housed.