Rant Conspiracy theories/ Crazy thoughts -- Post your whackiest beliefs in here that no one agrees with WITHOUT REGRETS!

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
So this seems like the Onion, even though you said NYpost.

Googled and found this

Apparently other customers paid because they thought it was for the cops.

"Trump’s team also requested substantial ketchup and mustard on the side, and the drive-in staff compiled the order within 10 minutes around 2 p.m. Thursday, according to Vultaggio.
While Trump has a penchant for dine-and-dash promises, the meal was paid for by credit card, including a “generous” cash tip, Vultaggio told The Post.
He added that All American “did receive news [that Trump] did love” the meal.
In addition, other customers “were paying for cops, and we weren’t letting the police pay,” Vultaggio said of the post-wake crowd. “The community really came together.”

<SMMFH>

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
So this seems like the Onion, even though you said NYpost.

Googled and found this

Apparently other customers paid because they thought it was for the cops.

"Trump’s team also requested substantial ketchup and mustard on the side, and the drive-in staff compiled the order within 10 minutes around 2 p.m. Thursday, according to Vultaggio.
While Trump has a penchant for dine-and-dash promises, the meal was paid for by credit card, including a “generous” cash tip, Vultaggio told The Post.
He added that All American “did receive news [that Trump] did love” the meal.
In addition, other customers “were paying for cops, and we weren’t letting the police pay,” Vultaggio said of the post-wake crowd. “The community really came together.”

<SMMFH>

Looked up the link and found this:

1711764540545.png

That's a lot cheaper than where I am in Queens. If I go over there.. I'll try em.. I think!

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Do they live in a time warp? Those prices.

I honestly don't know.. I don't go to Massapequa very often.

Here in Queens a blackened chicken sandwich from Popeyes is $6 something and no deals on that.

McDonalds sometimes has the quarter pounder for $6 but BOGO deals.

The $2.25 cheeseburger is something that really caught my eye though!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Grilled Cheese $1.20. Says nothing about it being a sandwich. Perhaps the bread is extra? :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Indus

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

Seems the prices are from last november

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I almost posted this in another thread to make a case for people have pre-existing biases and can't be convinced otherwise.

But I think it's better to do it in here.

This is a picture I took while overseas in October 2012. They drive on the left side of the road.

Can you come up with the trajectory and events required to create an accident like this? And yes the pickup damaged that tree and caused a branch to fall off.

095.jpg

Hint: It was not the pickup driving from the rice field.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Don't sweat it, people still call the other one "National".

On the other hand, Dulles was a first rank asshole, akin to Kissinger, so renaming the airport something different would be a welcome change.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Less conspiracy, more theory.

I got a steam game recently that went on sale, Spacebourne II. Cheap, lovely levels of jank, space, right up my alley. Anyhow, notably it's solo dev'd with AI voiced NPCs which is pretty neat, but obviously they all sound 'AI'. That got me noodling for a bit which turned into a real shower thought. AI isn't going anywhere. It'll probably get better but may not escape the uncanny valley. It will however become ubiquitous. Given that, and the relatively short life spans of humans, it's not unreasonable to assume that in the near-to-distant future, humans will be so inundated with bargain basement AI speech that our children will adopt the 'local language' of AI jank over their parent's natural linguistic styles.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Mar 28, 2008
Less conspiracy, more theory.

I got a steam game recently that went on sale, Spacebourne II. Cheap, lovely levels of jank, space, right up my alley. Anyhow, notably it's solo dev'd with AI voiced NPCs which is pretty neat, but obviously they all sound 'AI'. That got me noodling for a bit which turned into a real shower thought. AI isn't going anywhere. It'll probably get better but may not escape the uncanny valley. It will however become ubiquitous. Given that, and the relatively short life spans of humans, it's not unreasonable to assume that in the near-to-distant future, humans will be so inundated with bargain basement AI speech that our children will adopt the 'local language' of AI jank over their parent's natural linguistic styles.
That's ... frighteningly plausible.