Trump NY indictment thread

Page 65 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
You're talking about trump now, right?
I was thinking it's all he deserves to have left for his worldly posessions.. but now that you mention it... the only differences between an old outhouse that is falling apart, full of shit and ready to burst, and Trump, is the color orange. Do Yeah, In a sense, I guess I was. :D

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Juror 2 wants out because she was intimidated and doesn't feel safe.

And nothing will happen to Trump because of this. It's crazy her info was leaked and Fox News ran with it. Something should happen to them. Why is this info not confidential? having the names of jurors on a Trump case is just asking for all sorts of trouble.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

And nothing will happen to Trump because of this. It's crazy her info was leaked and Fox News ran with it. Something should happen to them. Why is this info not confidential? having the names of jurors on a Trump case is just asking for all sorts of trouble.
Haven’t read anymore articles since it was mentioned this morning so don’t know if further details given. But the lady wasn’t getting harassed by MAGAtards. It was friends and coworkers asking if she was juror #2 since it was mentioned she was an oncologist nurse. If she wasn’t at work for past 2 days, some just put the signs together.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Things may not be as bad as if this trial was being run in Russia where Putin would never get charged for the crimes he's committed to begin with. However, if we give Trump and his Freedom Caucus a second chance at creating that dictatorship he's been wanting replace our democracy with, he'll make himself as invincible as Putin and Jong Un the second he steps back in the White House.

Reactions: zinfamous

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
He'll certainly try.

If there's anything the last 8 years have shown, its that our system of government was not really set up to handle someone who just wipes his fat ass with the paper where the rules and norms are written down. It was built with the expectation that after all the speeches and bloviating, you abide by the rules. When someone backed by a political party doesn't, there's not much in the way to stop them.

Reactions: tweaker2

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Indeed. An VP and cabinet that refused to 25A an incompetent POTUS. The majority party in the senate refusing to remove.

Reactions: dank69

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

Juror 2 was doing her civic duty

Just like Moss and Friedman were doing (the Rudy guilani case)

Juror 2 I feel has a good case to sue Jesse for releasing her personal info and Fox News for being the medium to spread this

150 ish million should be fine. Just like Moss and Friedman

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Trump came out and whined " it was so cold in there, everybody was cold"
Put on a sweater you sniveling bastige.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He'll certainly try.

If there's anything the last 8 years have shown, its that our system of government was not really set up to handle someone who just wipes his fat ass with the paper where the rules and norms are written down. It was built with the expectation that after all the speeches and bloviating, you abide by the rules. When someone backed by a political party doesn't, there's not much in the way to stop them.

The electoral college was set up exactly for this reason. It failed.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
We are definitely in a bad simulation. The Matrix has been corrupted. Trump is shitting out the bad code.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
The electoral college was set up exactly for this reason. It failed.
The electoral college was setup so slave states could still get representation based on the number of slaves without giving them any right to vote. It was a tool of white nationalism from the beginning and it succeeded in 2016.

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
This is mostly true but it was sold as a last line of defense against stupidity.
Yeah I remember this spin back in grade school when I complained how stupid it was and the teacher just said oh it's no big deal, the popular vote and electoral vote winner are always the same anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Apparently he was on fire for quite a while before someone put him out. Not sure I would want to survive in his case.

Reactions: Muse

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Apparently he was on fire for quite a while before someone put him out. Not sure I would want to survive in his case.
Hence why they shouldn't put self immolators out until they die unless they're a threat to others or nearby buildings. Even Trumptards don't deserve to die after hours of unimaginable suffering instead of just going in a couple of minutes from the flames.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Agreed. At that point it's more inhumane to keep them alive in that state than to let them expire.