Trump NY indictment thread

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That being said the tricky part is proving it, even though they have an edge due to the location of the trial. My opinion is that the Judge is also biased by his one sided gag order and obvious contempt for Trump.
Courts traditionally come down very hard on people who start discussing the case in public or denigrating witnesses or (especially) jurors in the press.

TBH Trump has got away with way, way more than you or me would in a court room.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I have been hearing that for a long time and still waiting. Is it Tuesday the judge is scheduled to rule on Trump's gag order violations? Anybody else would already be in jail. We will see if the judge has any teeth. I keep hoping and have seen only disappointment. Equal under the law has proven so far to be bull shit in my opinion.
Fair or not, the repercussions of this is far greater than if any of us were violating a gag order. Like I doubt if all us got jailed together, anyone will riot in protest.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Fair or not, the repercussions of this is far greater than if any of us were violating a gag order. Like I doubt if all us got jailed together, anyone will riot in protest.
You God Damned liberals paralyzed by fears inculcated into you by Trump himself. There isn't going to be any fucking riots.
The riots only exist in your head. All that liberal fears that Trump will lead an army of fascists to take over the federal government have reached the crescendo they have today because of endless liberal appeasement.

Republicans are animated by fear and their fear triggers liberals. Fear creates both the desire to bully and flight when intimidation fails. The Trump yes men and women are only yes with they have nothing to lose. A lack of consequences for bad behavior leads to arrogance like we say Jan 6. Loads of them now have lots of time for regret. Everybody now knows the risk of attempted revolution and under Biden life for people generally is not only pretty good but improving.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That being said the tricky part is proving it, even though they have an edge due to the location of the trial. My opinion is that the Judge is also biased by his one sided gag order and obvious contempt for Trump.

lol that your brain can't see that Trump is getting extra special treatment from this judge.

seriously: what the fuck happened to your brain?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I see you are taking some heat for this opinion. I believe, however, that as you state it as an opinion you believe that opinion is factual, it is factual as your opinion, not as factual in reality. This is kind of why I think we say we have opinions but some things are simply facts. Now I find your opinion to be little like my own. I frankly do not understand why you say the gag order is one sided. I am not saying it isn't, but that I have not seen that. Can you clarify why you see lopsidedness. Also, are not judges full of personal opinions like the rest of us, excluding me of course, dealing as I do exclusively only in reality? Can you imagine a judge not despising some real criminal who must be judged innocent based on legal technicalities? What makes you think this judge's contempt for Trump, rational as hell that he would feel that way, would impair his capacity to meet out justice appropriately regardless of feelings?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So based on the evidence what do you think?

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

How was the judge biased?

The gag order was a reactive response to trump’s comments.

It would show bias if someone on the prosecution side if they were making comments

I am not aware of any comments the prosecution made

Please post them

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
lol, the only biased judge I've seen so far is his pet judge Cannon. And even she has to occasionally do her fucking job.

Imagine any of us continually posting shit about the judge/their relatives/their employees on social media after being told not to do so. We'd likely be called crazy because that seems like a swell way to come out a loser, not to mention getting locked up for contempt.

He's gotten extremely prejudicial treatment so far. These judges talk tough but why should Trump give a shit if nothing ever happens to him? The quote from the soldier in Aliens comes to mind: "What are we supposed to use, harsh language?" (Frost I think it was! I always remembered all those names for some reason!). And whoo boy, a max $1000 dollar fine per day, that'll get his attention. It must be said that some people think he's trying to be put in jail for violating gag orders (3 or 5 days at least) as a rallying cry, who knows what is floating in those murky shallows of a brain....

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Who is the other side that should be gagged?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
What’s sort of funny is that people like pcgeek think the justice system is biased against Trump when really he has received ENORMOUSLY preferential treatment.

Any other defendant would be currently in custody.
Well I think the shoe is going to be on the other foot when the next Repugican President is in office. The orange monkey won't be the last. The next one will do something against Biden just to own the libs. But if the judicial system cooperates, that's another story.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I guess the question would be--did Biden commit a very large number of felonies?

If so, then sure put him on trial. Biden isn't my God or hero, I expect him to follow the law the same as Trump or anyone else.

Certainly if Trump gets into office he's going to try to set up revenge trials like Scarecrow's in the Dark Knight Rises....and depending on who controls Congress, he might actually do it. If I'm any of these judges and prosecuters, might want to check into real estate options overseas just in case...

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So based on the evidence what do you think?

From what I have read about this is that it hinges on the intentions of Trump. It also is not illegal to pay "Hush Money". It is an easy move to say it was to protect his family from embarrassment of the sexual escapades. Also the labeling of this as a legal expense would be an easy mistake if so by an accountant as he was paying his "lawyer" for services.

I'm not a lawyer, but I see significant doubts and holes in this being a conviction. They also have the worse witness' who seems to have a huge axe to grind. The biggest plus for the prosecution is where the trial is being held.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
This is the "best" of the four criminal Trump trials for him as far as severity of possible sentences, and maybe difficulty of getting a conviction (not sure about that last, especially considering Cannon is the judge of one of them in Fl). Of course, it's also the only one that has actually started, so there's that. If he gets elected, any trial underway or not started is toast. If he loses the election, the GOP will forget they ever loved him and you won't even see a blurb on Fox if he got tossed in jail. They throw him to the wolves as fast as they threw out the shlubs in 2016 to grab his coattails. "We never liked that guy!"

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
From what I have read about this is that it hinges on the intentions of Trump. It also is not illegal to pay "Hush Money". It is an easy move to say it was to protect his family from embarrassment of the sexual escapades. Also the labeling of this as a legal expense would be an easy mistake if so by an accountant as he was paying his "lawyer" for services.

I'm not a lawyer, but I see significant doubts and holes in this being a conviction. They also have the worse witness' who seems to have a huge axe to grind. The biggest plus for the prosecution is where the trial is being held.

You clearly have no idea what this trial is about

It has nothing to do with covering up a extra marital affiar

It is about 34 counts of fraud

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
How was the judge biased?

The gag order was a reactive response to trump’s comments.

It would show bias if someone on the prosecution side if they were making comments

I am not aware of any comments the prosecution made

Please post them

The prosecution witness' (Michael Cohen Etc... ) are free to trash talk all they want. I also believe in the Freedom of speech as do many. I don't see where Trump calling Cohen and Stormy a couple of sleezebags (which many will agree) is endangering him or Stormy.

If you are going to have a gag order gag them all.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
The prosecution witness' (Michael Cohen Etc... ) are free to trash talk all they want. I also believe in the Freedom of speech as do many. I don't see where Trump calling Cohen and Stormy a couple of sleezebags (which many will agree) is endangering him or Stormy.

If you are going to have a gag order gag them all.

Again did you not read and understand the what the gag order entailed.

It was to stop trump from witnes intimidation and going after court staff

Full stop

Trump has been doing press briefings just about after every day of trial

Do you feel it is ok for a defendant to intimidate witnesses?

Do you feel it is ok to trash talk the court assistant/ etc?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Again did you not read and understand the what the gag order entailed.

It was to stop trump from witnes intimidation and going after court staff

Full stop

Trump has been doing press briefings just about after every day of trial

Do you feel it is ok for a defendant to intimidate witnesses?

Do you feel it is ok to trash talk the court assistant/ etc?
But he’s just a parrot for his orange monkey king.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You’re correct it is not illegal to pay hush money. What IS illegal is to conceal that hush money payment by falsifying business records. It would not be sufficient to say he was falsifying business records in order to avoid being embarrassed - that would still be a crime.

As for it being a mistake that’s pretty obviously disproven by the evidence considering Trump was discussing how to conceal the payment.

Presumably we agree falsifying business records is illegal, correct?