Trump NY indictment thread

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
The best part is at the bottom of the article

Hankey, for his part, in a recent interviewwith Reuters insisted that he had accepted collateral for the $175 million bond. But he added that he was not sure exactly what the source of it was.

"I don't know if it came from Donald Trump or from Donald Trump and supporters," he said, adding that he now regrets only charging a Trump a "low fee" for his services.

I don't know shit about this Mr Hankey fellow, but he sure is shockingly 'laxed when it comes to ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS. I would struggle to obtain a $1k loan, and this guy is just willy nilly offering Trump $175 million like it's $20 he doesn't care if he even gets paid back. And I'm assuming he's at least smart enough to know Trump is a huge risk at best.

I don't want to call a man I don't know shit about stupid, but there's no other word I can think of, besides ones that would be worse lol.

Reactions: dank69

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I don't know shit about this Mr Hankey fellow, but he sure is shockingly 'laxed when it comes to ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS. I would struggle to obtain a $1k loan, and this guy is just willy nilly offering Trump $175 million like it's $20 he doesn't care if he even gets paid back. And I'm assuming he's at least smart enough to know Trump is a huge risk at best.

I don't want to call a man I don't know shit about stupid, but there's no other word I can think of, besides ones that would be worse lol.

It seems Hankey is hedging a cheap (to him) long bet where if Trump actually wins in November, Hankey is going to Hankey Pankey his way into receiving a nice fat running return on his bet throughout Trump's second term.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
So it looks like the bond is complete crap

The signature page is for a different company (Chubb)

The wording in it is bad it is suppose to say cash but it says or cash equivalent which can be anything including DJT stock

New accounts all of a sudden pop out of no where

Cannot wait until the 22 when this goes back to court

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Why am I not surprised....a fraudulent bond for your trial over fraud....and the sale of DJT is looking just as shady.

I reckon this guy has never done a single thing on the level in his life. He's a con man through and through. Perfect avatar for the modern American GOP voter I must say, he combines all that grift with the ugly American persona of that sheriff from some of those Roger Moore bond movies...

Motorcyclist in front of me yesterday (old, white and male predictably) had a denim vest with a stylized "Trump" on it lol! Nothing says rough tough motorbike dude like a flabby soft gilded NYC shyster who believes exercise steals your life force or some such nonsense. This is the silliest cult I've ever heard of.

Feb 4, 2009
Deplorable I know was already chuming up the water this morning.
“The Police read him his Miranda Rights without his Lawyer present!”

I said to my knowledge he hasn’t been convicted of a crime yet why and when was he arrested?

Then pissed off bullshit so I gave up.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I said to my knowledge he hasn’t been convicted of a crime yet why and when was he arrested?

You don’t need a lawyer present to be read your Miranda rights. In fact, the reason why ‘you have the right to an attorney’ is part of the Miranda warning is because usually you don’t have one present!

These are just the dumbest people.

Feb 4, 2009
You don’t need a lawyer present to be read your Miranda rights. In fact, the reason why ‘you have the right to an attorney’ is part of the Miranda warning is because usually you don’t have one present!

These are just the dumbest people.
Exactly and the follow up question was going to be should all people getting arrested have a lawyer present? Did the former President ask for a Lawyer?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Exactly and the follow up question was going to be should all people getting arrested have a lawyer present? Did the former President ask for a Lawyer?
Imagine every cop car having a lawyer in the back seat because the only way they can arrest someone is if they have a lawyer there.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017

I kinda miss seeing the frothing, but then I know it would just stress me out. Once I ditched Facebook about 98% of maga went away. My mom knows very well not to bring up politics around me if she wants to visit the grandkids. I still see and hear it in person, being in FL after all. Thankfully even that is a minimum since I don't provoke the crazy when I'm around it. We are a lunatic "stand your ground if you think you are threatened" state after all.

Reactions: dank69

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I would go with the places he has the highest profit margin on so it will screw him over the most
Exactly. First move would be to pull all property records detailing leins against them, and figure out which ones will give the most return once sold after all leins are satisfied, and start selling them from highest return to lowest. Maybe we will be lucky and he will be left with just an old outhouse that is falling apart, full of shit and ready to burst.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Exactly. First move would be to pull all property records detailing leins against them, and figure out which ones will give the most return once sold after all leins are satisfied, and start selling them from highest return to lowest. Maybe we will be lucky and he will be left with just an old outhouse that is falling apart, full of shit and ready to burst.
Getting stuck with Mar a Lago and no cash would be appropriate.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Getting stuck with Mar a Lago and no cash would be appropriate.
Depending on how much cash he has they will probably seize some but not all, as you want the company to be able to make payroll (if for no other reason than they continue to maintain the other properties for you to seize later.)

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I would go with the places he has the highest profit margin on so it will screw him over the most
LOL what profits? Also no need to be vindictive and "screw" anybody; AGNY just needs to uphold the law. Most of "his" properties are mortgaged for a substantial amount, so none of this will be easy. IIRC his Florida properties (MAL and Trump Doral) have the most equity.

But can they seize out of state?
yes, eventually but it takes more time and work. Obv Ron Death Santis will somehow weigh in and try to cockblock, if it ever gets to seizing MAL.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I just saw where the DA has now requested Trump be held in contempt for 3 violations of the gag order. They are asking for max fines on these (a whopping $1k per) but the interesting part is that IF he violates after those 3---and that's like saying "if the sun rises in the east tomorrow"---then they want jail time.

Judge will be ruling on this within a week. The former prosecutor on the vid I watched said he thinks it likely the judge will agree, and that if Trump gets jail time it likely would be 3 or 5 days at first.

I'll believe he gets put in jail when I see it. However, as the folks on the video said, it is getting a bit more real for Trump. This is the least "dangerous" case for him as well.

Reactions: hal2kilo

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I just saw where the DA has now requested Trump be held in contempt for 3 violations of the gag order. They are asking for max fines on these (a whopping $1k per) but the interesting part is that IF he violates after those 3---and that's like saying "if the sun rises in the east tomorrow"---then they want jail time.

Judge will be ruling on this within a week. The former prosecutor on the vid I watched said he thinks it likely the judge will agree, and that if Trump gets jail time it likely would be 3 or 5 days at first.

I'll believe he gets put in jail when I see it. However, as the folks on the video said, it is getting a bit more real for Trump. This is the least "dangerous" case for him as well.
I rather see exponentially rising fines than the circus of trying to put Trump in jail for contempt.

Feb 4, 2009
Imagine every cop car having a lawyer in the back seat because the only way they can arrest someone is if they have a lawyer there.
Imagine his reaction when cost to police soars because every black guy who even gets a traffic stop wants the lawyer.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Imagine his reaction when cost to police soars because every black guy who even gets a traffic stop wants the lawyer.
Amusingly enough law enforcement argued exactly that when the Miranda decision came down. They said if criminal suspects were aware of their rights it would be impossible to police.

Even more amusingly very few suspects enforce their rights.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Amusingly enough law enforcement argued exactly that when the Miranda decision came down. They said if criminal suspects were aware of their rights it would be impossible to police.

Even more amusingly very few suspects enforce their rights.
Well, said suspects (particularly minority suspects) that dare to try to exercise their rights with police are regularly forcefully corrected from their deviant ways.