Zuckenberg manhandled like a puss by a middleaged lady - big LoL

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
frankly, we have bigger problems to worry about. Instead of focusing on one large company, how about focusing your attention to the massive ponzi scheme known as Social Security?

Or focusing on the frauds that perpetrate that one, i.e. Congress.

Did that ever occur to you, adlep?

OK, lets not worry about private companies then...
BP polluting our waters? Who cares, it is just business...
Facebook selling our private data? Who cares, they have to make money...
Guy screwing bunch of people out of their own project? Good for him, he was smart enough to run with it...
Etc, etc..

Last edited:

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
and boy what a strong case it was!

I am not your mom and I don't have desire to raise you. Immoral behavior either bothers you or it doesn't. You have a right for your own opinion.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
If you don't fucking like it then don't put private shit on the public domain. Anything you post on the site is no longer private, which is what you agree to in the fucking EULA when you sign up for a GOD DAMNED ACCOUNT! If you slack jawed yokels weren't a bunch of illiterate cunts then you'd know exactly what you were agreeing to, and limit what you posted.

Jesus fucking christ what a cum guzzling snatch whipe...

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
My god, this many posts and no one has corrected it?

Zuckerberg

It's in the links you posted.

/spelling nazi

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
If you don't fucking like it then don't put private shit on the public domain. Anything you post on the site is no longer private, which is what you agree to in the fucking EULA when you sign up for a GOD DAMNED ACCOUNT! If you slack jawed yokels weren't a bunch of illiterate cunts then you'd know exactly what you were agreeing to, and limit what you posted.

icon-thumbs-up3.gif

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

Woah woah woah woah, hold up...

you expect me to read those damn EULAs?

And then expect me to sit down and shut the fuck up when something that was covered in the EULA is brought to major attention?

The audacity of that is ludicrous!

:sneaky:

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Woah woah woah woah, hold up...

you expect me to read those damn EULAs?

And then expect me to sit down and shut the fuck up when something that was covered in the EULA is brought to major attention?

The audacity of that is ludicrous!

:sneaky:

i wonder how often people actually sit down and read the entire EULA...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Neither do I, and he looked so uncomfortable and embarrassed. Maybe he just doesn't do well in public speaking situations or he was lying.

Thirded, manhandling not found.

Being on the stage with those HOT TV lights knowing you are being viewed by a (presumably) huge TV audience is no piece of cake for anyone who lacks the background and experience in doing such things.

I wager most all of us would come off extremely poorly.

Look at the many entertainment veterans who have looked quite lame at the beginning of their talk show careers.

Even Conan, who was just a writer, still had a long familiarity and intimate proximity to the whole set-up and NO DOUBT was put through n + 1 full dress rehearsals on his set before being set loose, and LOOK at how hard he sucked at the beginning.

Zuckenberg may or may not be a total ass and a dirt bag to boot, but it's unfair to judge him off that one lame performance.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
OK, lets not worry about private companies then...
BP polluting our waters? Who cares, it is just business...
Facebook selling our private data? Who cares, they have to make money...
Guy screwing bunch of people out of their own project? Good for him, he was smart enough to run with it...
Etc, etc..

My point is that at no point does Facebook require you to enter your credit card details, or even drivers license number to prove you're account is actually based on a real person. Your privacy concerns are completely nullified in comparison to what the government is trying to do: manage your everyday life.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I enjoy Facebook well enough, but I also do think Zuckerberg is a first rate douche.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Frankly, I'm astonished that the supposed computer and internet-savvy crowd of ATOT can even hold a debate about this issue.

Not only about keeping what you want private is the individual's responsibility to keep it out of the public domain, but to actually think that usage data is somehow being linked to you, rather than the "anonymous you."

Google and Facebook don't track you. A bunch of servers talking to each other track what your computer does.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
So did the Madoff, but the justice will eventually catch up to him...

"Get rich or die tryin and then pay everybody off" should not be a rewarded behavior.

Edit: He stole the code for Facebook from other people who hired him to do the coding
Read more here:
http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Mark_Zuckerberg

If someone would do that to me, I would kill the fucker...
Well, I hate the "screw over everyone to get to the top" mentality, but Zuckerberg only did a shady thing, not really illegal. The other Harvard group was making a dating site and asking Mark to join. He said yes, but then used that sort of an idea to make more of a college directory. He made excuses to ConnectU why there wasn't much progress and stalled until facebook was ready to launch.

So, he:
1) used the idea of a directory, but more towards a general, college one than a dating one
2) told connectU he was working on their project but actually wasn't.
3) strung connectU along until facebook was ready

This is very shady but I'm not sure what is illegal about this. As far as I know, he didn't steal any of their code. The idea of an online, person directory wasn't really new and it wasn't a copy of ConnectU. He's absolutely an asshole, but sadly, that's not illegal.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I don't put more info on FB that isn't already out there on yahoo searches

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
No ponzi scheme, but something worst. A semi autistic sociopath in charge who is just sweating to sell personal data and preferences of his users to big companies.

Listen, if you put a guy who cheats and lies in charge of such a venture, do you really think that all of the info that you put in there (FB) is safe? I don't think so.

There is no reason to reply to fleabag, he was only trying to make this into a P&N thread.