Jun 4, 2004
That’s OT.
7G3zITG.png

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That’s OT.
7G3zITG.png

Which is why the responses consist of jokes about pig zombies and nothing about the potential of the research. Which apparently is this:

What's more, she adds, "immediately people are going to recognize the potential of this research. If, in fact, it is possible to restore cellular activity to brain tissue that we thought was irreversibly lost in the past, of course people are going to want to apply this eventually in humans."

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
RoboCop 2019?

Serious ethics dilemmas this research raises however. Not only did the poor animal get chopped up for food, it ends it's day being reanimated as a bodiless brain in a tank as the rest of itself was actively being turned into bacon.
Hell of a Monday.

The experiment included neuro suppressors so no EEG signals could be detected, but obviously we really can't know what the experience was.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Ah! Reminds me of the horror film, "The Frozen Dead", featuring Dana Andrews as the mad scientist.

He has this woman's head in a shallow pan filled with living-k blutt, with tubes and stuff feeding it -- his gurr-eat verk -- his magnificent experiment!

Somewhere in that movie, he's down in his cellar laboratory during a cathartic moment in the movie.

And the head says to him "Kill me! Kill me! Please -- Kill me!"

You can see that I was raised properly on a steady diet of weekly horror films. At some point during my late grade-school years, watching horror movies was the biggest obsession of our young lives. Those were the days!

We were so lucky in our sophisticated and refined cultural development. Pinnacles of Civilization -- we!

Mar 11, 2004
I recall seeing a video of allegedly some old Soviet experimentation when they did this with a dog/dog's head.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Which is why the responses consist of jokes about pig zombies and nothing about the potential of the research. Which apparently is this:
Who is starting the petition to nominate SlowSpyder for the first human test subject?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Ah! Reminds me of the horror film, "The Frozen Dead", featuring Dana Andrews as the mad scientist.

He has this woman's head in a shallow pan filled with living-k blutt, with tubes and stuff feeding it -- his gurr-eat verk -- his magnificent experiment!

Somewhere in that movie, he's down in his cellar laboratory during a cathartic moment in the movie.

And the head says to him "Kill me! Kill me! Please -- Kill me!"

We were so lucky in our sophisticated and refined cultural development. Pinnacles of Civilization -- we!
You can see that I was raised properly on a steady diet of weekly horror films. At some point during my late grade-school years, watching horror movies was the biggest obsession of our young lives. Those were the days!
Oh yea, that's a classic. Me too.
Be nice if the program was smart enough to move quoted material out of the collaped text that you are referencing.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That's nuts, just imagine where this could lead. That and the 42,000 year old mummified foal that gave up liquid blood. Damn science, you crazy.

Who is starting the petition to nominate SlowSpyder for the first human test subject?

Pretty sure they'd want a test cranium that doesn't require extraction. Additional procedures just eat up those grants.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
That's nuts, just imagine where this could lead. That and the 42,000 year old mummified foal that gave up liquid blood. Damn science, you crazy.

Pretty sure they'd want a test cranium that doesn't require extraction. Additional procedures just eat up those grants.

Just in...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190412094736.htm

Heads in the cloud: Scientists predict internet of thoughts 'within decades'
A 'human brain/cloud interface' will give people instant access to vast knowledge and computing power via thought alone, predict experts

Writing in Frontiers in Neuroscience, an international collaboration led by researchers at UC Berkeley and the US Institute for Molecular Manufacturing predicts that exponential progress in nanotechnology, nanomedicine, AI, and computation will lead this century to the development of a "Human Brain/Cloud Interface" (B/CI), that connects neurons and synapses in the brain to vast cloud-computing networks in real time.

[...]

Researchers predict that exponential progress in nanotechnology, nanomedicine, artificial intelligence, and computation will lead this century to the development of a 'human brain/cloud interface' (B/CI), that connects neurons and synapses in the brain to vast cloud-computing networks in real time.

[...]

B/CI technology might also allow us to create a future "global superbrain" that would connect networks of individual human brains and AIs to enable collective thought.
[...]

"With the advance of neuralnanorobotics, we envisage the future creation of 'superbrains' that can harness the thoughts and thinking power of any number of humans and machines in real time. This shared cognition could revolutionize democracy, enhance empathy, and ultimately unite culturally diverse groups into a truly global society."

[...]"

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Just in...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190412094736.htm

Heads in the cloud: Scientists predict internet of thoughts 'within decades'
A 'human brain/cloud interface' will give people instant access to vast knowledge and computing power via thought alone, predict experts

Writing in Frontiers in Neuroscience, an international collaboration led by researchers at UC Berkeley and the US Institute for Molecular Manufacturing predicts that exponential progress in nanotechnology, nanomedicine, AI, and computation will lead this century to the development of a "Human Brain/Cloud Interface" (B/CI), that connects neurons and synapses in the brain to vast cloud-computing networks in real time.

[...]

Researchers predict that exponential progress in nanotechnology, nanomedicine, artificial intelligence, and computation will lead this century to the development of a 'human brain/cloud interface' (B/CI), that connects neurons and synapses in the brain to vast cloud-computing networks in real time.

[...]

B/CI technology might also allow us to create a future "global superbrain" that would connect networks of individual human brains and AIs to enable collective thought.
[...]

"With the advance of neuralnanorobotics, we envisage the future creation of 'superbrains' that can harness the thoughts and thinking power of any number of humans and machines in real time. This shared cognition could revolutionize democracy, enhance empathy, and ultimately unite culturally diverse groups into a truly global society."

[...]"

We're going to become the Borg?