Zombie mod for counter striker source

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Are people still playing this online?

I played this all last year. It's a very nice gameplay change from the standard kill everyone.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: tigersty1e
Are people still playing this online?

I played this all last year. It's a very nice gameplay change from the standard kill everyone.

i used to play zm a lot. however, i think zombie survival for gmod10 (garry's mod 10) is even better than zm for cs:s.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Yeah, people are still playing. I just HATE unlimited ammo servers. They REALLY piss me off. There's like no freakin way a zombie could if everyone is camped in one spot just shooting endlessly.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
can somebody fill me in: so this is a custom map for online, multiplayer only? or it's a single player mod?

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Originally posted by: andylawcc
can somebody fill me in: so this is a custom map for online, multiplayer only? or it's a single player mod?

online, map names start with ZM_

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
I love the zombie mods for CS:S, nothing like having 10 guys camping in a small barricaded room, then suddenly one zombie slips in and starts "zombifying" everyone and you are the only one to get out alive, and then run like hell as they all chase you down.

Or the mad dash up the stairs (they REALLY high map), not wanting to look back as you hear everyone right behind you turn into zombies.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I used to play zm a lot, but TF2 has my full attention. I loved playing on lila_panic_beta and falling under the map :D Zombies could never find me and admins didn't ban be because it wasn't a hack that got me under there.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
The worst part about zombie mod was that...it sort of sucked! Obviously, the idea is there (there are tons of zombie mods in development, and valve has a similar game, etc) but I really felt like it just wasn't enough. Its just a server side mod so you can't really expect much...but the zombies should really be AI controlled or something because it sort of sucks being one. It could be made pretty much completely impossible to win as a zombie on some maps. And there's usually only a handful of really good hiding spots as humans, which end usually end up crammed full with way more people then they can really contain. And of course, that just increases the chances that either a griefer or a noob is going to blast the barricade.

People are douches in that mod too. I hate when I shoot a soda machine over to that sideways truck and then other people shoot it away just as some desperate guy tries to get up. (If he has zombies all over him, thats one thing...but most people seem to say "I'm up...fuck everyone else!")

But I do agree with ZzZGuy...I remember that feeling of not wanting to look back as you hear the trademark screeching noise.

AVP

Jan 19, 2005
I enjoy ZM on CS:S too. My favorite is ruining the barricade with 10 seconds left :)