Jan 25, 2011
Another of the best people is out amid ethical scandal allegations and pressure to step down.

Guess they have to clean house before the oversight begins in January.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/415988-interior-secretary-ryan-zinke-steps-down

Zinke, a former Republican congressman from Montana, is under more than a dozen investigations for his conduct in office, including scrutiny for a land deal involving a foundation he led and a company backed by David Lesar, chairman of oilfield services company Halliburton.

Interior’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) referred its probe into the deal to the Department of Justice for potential prosecution of conflict-of-interest laws. Zinke denied any wrongdoing.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully his plan to rearrange the entire Dept of Interior and insert commissars deep into the department also goes into the dust bin of history.

Also, I hope Zinke primaries Trump. :p

Reactions: wirelessenabled

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Another criminal swamp denizen hits the road to avoid facing the music, and the Trump admin loses it's only fake geologist. Sad.

Given the money involved for energy firms, somehow I feel they won't have too much trouble finding some poor sap to take his place to continue Zinke's whole sale servitude to industry. Way to go dude, your service will now not be the first thing people think of when your name comes up. You're now a Pruitt, a Price, a Cantor.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
But just remember, folks, our resident Trump fans insist there is no corruption in his administration, and that rapid turnover for virtually everyone in this administration is perfectly normal... you know, unlike most other presidencies.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
you mean someone in this admin was grifting!?! no wai!

just everyone

I am kind of bemused that the admin seems to think that Zinke is the only cabinet secretary that would have had trouble in front of Dem controlled house committees. I can think of at least a half dozen secretaries and agency heads that are going to be in a world of shit very soon. Probably with Ross topping the list immediately as somebody whole could actually manage to get himself arrested for lying to congress.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm impressed with how well the Trump picks hit the ground running, particularly Zinke and Pruitt. It's like they held "What would I steal if I scored a cabinet post"" workshops. It took W's picks about nine months to get in the groove; these guys were in like Flynt.

Reactions: tweaker2

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
I'm impressed with how well the Trump picks hit the ground running, particularly Zinke and Pruitt. It's like they held "What would I steal if I scored a cabinet post"" workshops. It took W's picks about nine months to get in the groove; these guys were in like Flynt.

They were like Trump in their private sector lives. It wasn't hard for them to get to the grifting, they just had to do what felt natural.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hell- Energy giants have been planning what to do when their guys took back the Presidency since forever. It was like holding a fuel dragster at the line, itching to drop the hammer on 10,000 HP when the light turned green.

Zinke made his bones & has a bright future as a consultant & lobbyist. His friends will take good care of him. That's pretty much true of Pai & others, I'm sure. Totally mercenary.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

:colbert:

That's a malopropism that came about, best I can tell, from a shitty attempt to create an American James Bond, that crappy "Flint" Trilogy (James Coburn), with the film "In like Flint" which, in itself, was a coy reference to the actual phrase: "In like Flynn" which was originally coined in reference to Errol Flynn, who was a legendary early Hollywood beaver hound.

Funny enough, sticking with the original in this case, "In like Flynn," has that you know, the double meaning, in reference to Michael Flynn. :D

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This poor man is being attacked by the weaklings who don't want to MAGA. It's so sad that we can't support those who are truly servants to corporations who are people to. Why don't liberals think of the corporations?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

That's a malopropism that came about, best I can tell, from a shitty attempt to create an American James Bond, that crappy "Flint" Trilogy (James Coburn), with the film "In like Flint" which, in itself, was a coy reference to the actual phrase: "In like Flynn" which was originally coined in reference to Errol Flynn, who was a legendary early Hollywood beaver hound.

Funny enough, sticking with the original in this case, "In like Flynn," has that you know, the double meaning, in reference to Michael Flynn. :D

In like Flint did inspire the ring tone in Austin Powers, so there's that.

https://www.redringtones.com/in-like-flint-ringtone/

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Even the super conservative veterans page I follow is slamming him for basically dishonoring himself by breaking his oath.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
It's so weird... Most people I know go to work and just do their damn job.

WTF is it with these people and having a compulsion to be shaddy and underhanded when they earn what almost anyone would consider a fantastic salary in what I assume are rewarding positions of service to the office and country?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The depth of corruption in this Trump "residency" (definitely not a "presidency" AFAIK) will go down in history as one of if not the worst defiled corporate sponsored organizations our nation has had the regret to live through.

Top to bottom inside and out infiltrated and compromised by Russians, by corporatists, by the ultra wealthy and all enabled and supported by an equally compromised constituency that stubbornly refuses to snap out of that ridiculously contrived belief that Trump is somehow the savior of the nation that's now controlled by some kind of Democrat Deep State cabal.

Little do they (want to) realize that the Deep State they were told to fear is actually controlled by the very crooks they put in office.

Irony in it's finest hour.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It's so weird... Most people I know go to work and just do their damn job.

WTF is it with these people and having a compulsion to be shaddy and underhanded when they earn what almost anyone would consider a fantastic salary in what I assume are rewarding positions of service to the office and country?
Because the kinds of people that just go to work and do their damn job don't generally strive for immense amounts of power. The kind of people who want power, do generally behave this way, and often end up in politics. That's not the case 100% of the time, but it's certainly beyond a coincidence that so many politicians are virtually identical from a personality standpoint, and usually are all embroiled in scandals.