Zimmerman verdict in not guilty

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
This. most stupid people who are siding with TM have watched 5 minutes on CNN and think hes 12 year on the way to reading books to an orphanage.

*clap*

You've just touched upon a point that has gotten me in about 6 different arguments since the verdict. It blows my mind people really think the picture of 14yr TM is who got shot.

The concept of 'cause and effect' seems completely alien to many TM supporters, I wish I understood why.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Exactly. Its a tragedy that Martin died, it would also be a tragedy if our justice system failed us.

So a teen thug decides to go teach a "crazy ass cracka'" a lesson and gets shot after brutally attacking said cracka'... where exactly is the tragedy?

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
It's called Confirmation Bias. The first thing you see is more likely to seem like the "truth" to you. That's why propaganda is so powerful. NBC REALLY fscked the pooch on that one. I got in arguments at work with people that didn't even follow the trial!

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
It's called Confirmation Bias. The first thing you see is more likely to seem like the "truth" to you. That's why propaganda is so powerful. NBC REALLY fscked the pooch on that one. I got in arguments at work with people that didn't even follow the trial!

I got into a long argument even with my own mother over this case. She was so proud to read Jason Alexander's inspiring message posted on the internet, forced me to read it to see her side. Well, George Costanza's main argument was that Zimmerman pursued Martin after being told by the 911 operator "emphatically TO STAND DOWN. Do not pursue. DO NOT take any action." "ALL the facts confirm that." Not to mention "Trayvon Martin went out for some groceries." A bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona Ice Tea are not groceries in anyone's mind. If my mother ever caught me bring back junk candy when she sent me out for groceries I'd be grounded! Skittles are not groceries.

"ALL the facts confirm that."

But, those "facts" do shape the belief, and once that belief is there, everything else will be shaped to fit it.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So a teen thug decides to go teach a "crazy ass cracka'" a lesson and gets shot after brutally attacking said cracka'... where exactly is the tragedy?

That Zim targeted him first and chased him down even though it was totally unnecessary.
Yeah the kid was a punk but on that particular night he did not set out to find trouble. He was just getting some candy.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
That Zim targeted him first and chased him down even though it was totally unnecessary.
Yeah the kid was a punk but on that particular night he did not set out to find trouble. He was just getting some candy.

Just getting some candies and not looking for trouble, eh? Then how do you explain the wounds on GZ's nose and head and then the eyeswitness account from John Good? Alliens from Mars did all of that? I do not understand why people are continuing to forget those little items of the big story.

Followed someone is NOT illegal but broke someone nose and head is. Very simple to understand.

Last edited:

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

Don't forget they found a tool to break into a car nearby, and that it seems likely TM turned back to confront.

I believe TM started a fight. Maybe he didn't set out looking for trouble, but he certainly changed his tune later and seemingly started it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
GZ will now have to constantly look over his shoulder wondering if someone may be following him with a gun..

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
GZ will now have to constantly look over his shoulder wondering if someone may be following him with a gun..

Not a big deal really. All he has to do is either run away when confronted or simply answer the questions his follower asks him. Of course if Zimmerman is still scared for his life after doing the above he can pull out his gun at which point the follower can then shoot zimmerman (notice I didn't say anything about the follower pulling out a gun first and that because when the police come they will say Zimmerman pulled the gun first).

So Zimmerman really has nothing to be scared of.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
"It's zimmermans fault, he shouldn't have gotten out of the car" well shieeeet, the car accident this morning was my fault because i shouldn't have gotten out of bed and tried to go to work! lots of things happened that night... it's like trying to blame a police officer for pulling someone over for speeding and then a shooting occurs . . . well he shouldn't have pulled him over!

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Don't care one way or another, doesn't affect my life in the least. :biggrin:

I knew that when your other post ( http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=35273787&postcount=68601 ) was ignored it wouldn't be long before you posted something similar. There's no doubt it warms your vindictive butthurt heart that GZ has to look over his shoulder.

I'm just waiting for a another vindictive butthurt person to mistake someone for GZ and shooting them resulting in the person being severely maimed or killed. As well as another innocent bystander being struck by a bullet/s resulting in them being severely maimed or killed. Who's to say that the innocent bystander may wind up being someone in your family or a friend?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
There's still plenty of facts we'll never know in that case.

There are no additional facts needed.

The legal system presented its fake case and failed to show that Zimmerman was at fault.

Read the book is desired for additional info.
But doing so will not provide you the second by second replay that you feel should be done.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I knew that when your other post ( http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=35273787&postcount=68601 ) was ignored it wouldn't be long before you posted something similar. There's no doubt it warms your vindictive butthurt heart that GZ has to look over his shoulder.

I'm just waiting for a another vindictive butthurt person to mistake someone for GZ and shooting them resulting in the person being severely maimed or killed. As well as another innocent bystander being struck by a bullet/s resulting in them being severely maimed or killed. Who's to say that the innocent bystander may wind up being someone in your family or a friend?

^^^
LOL>>>You guys are the ones buttheart...Look no further than the post I just quoted...

Enjoy your circle jerk in the main GZ thread, you finally got your two pivot men back.

Last edited:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
^^^
LOL>>>You guys are the ones buttheart...Look no further than the post I just quoted...

Enjoy your circle jerk in the main GZ thread, you finally got your two pivot men back.

Why would I be butthurt? Everything I said about the case was proven to be correct and the case was decided based on the exact time force was used.

If you were a real man, you would go to the main thread and admit that spidey was right but we all know you will never do that. We also know you will always be a vindictive butthurt baby and would be happy if someone such as yourself hurts or attempts to hurt GZ and/or his family/friends.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Why would I be butthurt? Everything I said about the case was proven to be correct and the case was decided based on the exact time force was used.

If you were a real man, you would go to the main thread and admit that spidey was right but we all know you will never do that. We also know you will always be a vindictive butthurt baby and would be happy if someone such as yourself hurts or attempts to hurt GZ and/or his family/friends.

Why would I give two Sh**s about what you or spidey thinks? LOL!!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Not a big deal really. All he has to do is either run away when confronted or simply answer the questions his follower asks him. Of course if Zimmerman is still scared for his life after doing the above he can pull out his gun at which point the follower can then shoot zimmerman (notice I didn't say anything about the follower pulling out a gun first and that because when the police come they will say Zimmerman pulled the gun first).

So Zimmerman really has nothing to be scared of.

This post makes NO sense. Your scenario is not a proper role reversal no matter what your interpretation is.

If TM had run or confronted GZ without violence, he would be alive.

However, he was already a criminal and was practically guaranteed to have a short life outside of prison.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This post makes NO sense. Your scenario is not a proper role reversal no matter what your interpretation is.

If TM and run or confronted GZ without violence, he would be alive.

However, he was already a criminal and was practically guaranteed to have a short life outside of prison.

Ahh the great oracle has spoken!

sci guy

Jun 16, 2013
I think the item which swayed the jury was the time that elapsed between when Zimmerman lost sight of Martin (and started walking back to his vehicle) and when Martin attacked Zimmerman.

Martin could have easily made it home, but it appears he was watching Zimmerman instead and then decided to go attack Zimmerman instead of going home.

Had the fight started in front of Martin's dad's house, things may very well have found up differently for Zimmerman.